The awesome Dr Kay Ross is moving on from Elite & Frontier onto a stage of their life :)

Deleted member 182079

D
bill-paxton-game-over.gif

Sadness! But you do have to figure, the galaxy is long since created, the big re-do of the rendering pipeline and terrain generation is largely complete, it's quite understandable if she feels she's done the big things she had on her plate and is ready to move on.

Best of luck to her, wherever she heads next!

Let the conjecture and doom-mongering begin 🍿🍿🍿

Instead of doom and gloom there's nothing wrong with feeling a sense of loss at someone with a resume and background like Dr. Ross. It's just thing in a list of things that don't need to be celebrated when it comes to ED and Fdev. I always find it kind of funny when the damage control squad hijacks a thread with the doom and gloom sarcasm even before people can reply to the actual subject matter in it. Keep fighting the good fight, warrior.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
All the best to Kay. The Stellar Forge is indeed an amazing accomplishment from her and the rest of the team.

We have been really spoiled to count with a Master in Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology, with a PhD in Experimental Particle Physics within the development team. Those big shoes are going to be hard to fill! o7

Dr. Ross.. what you have created in the past has made this game the absolute obsession that it is for many people. Please be proud of your past work and know you have created something wonderful that many many thousands are in awe of. I can only hope that your replacement is your equal. Best wishes.. don't wanna ping you but I hope you get to read this. Thank You!

So long and thanks for all the Fiss-ion :)

Last edited:
All the best to Kay. The Stellar Forge is indeed an amazing accomplishment from her and the rest of the team.

We have been really spoiled to count with a Master in Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology, with a PhD in Experimental Particle Physics within the development team. Those big shoes are going to be hard to fill! o7
Hear Hear.. I don't know who we could ever get to match that.

Top Bottom