The "Can I Run Planet Coaster" thread

So I have only been on there forums a few days and have noticed that there are a lot of people asking about min specs and can my computer run it and what not and after a while they start to get annoying so I have decided to start a thread dedicated to this one question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offical System Requirements as of 21/1/2018

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i5-2300/AMD FX-4300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 560 (2GB)/AMD Radeon 7850 (2GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i7-4770/AMD FX-8350
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 980 (4GB)/AMD R9 380 (4GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offical minimum requirements for Planet Coaster alpha:
Windows 7 64bit or newer
Intel Core i5 -2300, AMD FX-4300 or better
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 560 / ATI Radeon 7850 Graphics card with 2GB of Graphics Memory or better

My observations of performance so far
PC build for reference
6700k (4.0ghz)
32gb RAM
980ti (1367mhz)

all settings as high as I could make them

my park consists of about 1800 people with 8 flat rides and 4 very small modular buildings and one medium sized coaster.
CPU is sitting around 90% load.
GPU is hitting 100% load but jumps up and down quite a bit to below 70% with about 2.5gb of video memory used and never exceeds 70c with no more than 50% fan load.
RAM is constantly sitting around 1.2gb used.
FPS is hovering around 70.

just for reference for people wondering what the performance is like.

Here is a crappy screen shot of the park (dont know how to resize)
b2a2599f0a.bmp

Last edited:
I think your idea is very good, but im pretty sure the Frontier will have all this information already. Usually alphas/betas scan your hardware and record the info so the devs know what type of hardware to optimize the game for.

You can still try though [up]

Yeah frontier will most definitely have everyones specs and how well it runs but there is no guaranteeing weather they will release that information and if they do there will still be people posting in forums asking. People still seem to have a hard time deciding if there specific system can run it just from looking at a set of min req specs so if someone with the same hardware is running it they can confirm for them weather it will run or not.

Edit: this isnt a post for the devs to work out what they need to optimize for its for people who want to play the game and want to know weather it will run or how well it will run.

Last edited:
Hi, will I be able to play it smoothly?

Intel Core i5
6 RAM
Intel HD Graphics 6 RAM
Windows 10.

I can' t compare, as I don't know any of the grapichs cards etc.

Hi, will I be able to play it smoothly?

Intel Core i5
6 RAM
Intel HD Graphics 6 RAM
Windows 10.

I can' t compare, as I don't know any of the grapichs cards etc.
Which i5 do you have?
The minimum ram is 8 GB so that might hold you back
And that graphics adapter is an integrated graphics in your cpu. It will not run the game as well as a dedicated graphics card.

Which i5 do you have?
The minimum ram is 8 GB so that might hold you back
And that graphics adapter is an integrated graphics in your cpu. It will not run the game as well as a dedicated graphics card.

Oh wait,
I got the Intel Pentium CPU G3220T 2.60 GHz
6 GB of RAM (Can I increase this in a all in one pc?)
And the Intel HD Graphics
But I am not sure if the HD Graphics will do the job..
As I have a all in one computer, this is not easy to change.

Please give me some feedback!

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
My specs are as follows:
Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i5-2500k
8GB DDR3 Ram
Dual Nvidia GTX 560Ti in SLI

Even on low settings the game is very chopy

Hi

The game is looking so great already! But it is very slowmotion for me. Even on lowest setting

I think i only need a better graphics card to get it moving better. This is my system:

Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
AMD FX 8350 4ghz
16GB DDR3 RAM Dual channel
SSD drives
Geforce GT 630 with 1 Gb ram

And i run with 2560 x 1080 resolution on a ultrwide screen.

Which graphics card will run this game amazing on a high setting, for max. 200 euro ? I think (hope) the rest of the setup is ok. I also have a modular power supply with lots of juice in it.

For those of you have these kind of specs, or even less, I can garantee you it won't work. i tried the Alpha with it because I have a Early Bird pass, and it's totally awful. Not playable at all!

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
System: 64 bit
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1 GB

I assume the graphic card needs to be upgraded! I'll try to fix that! -_-

Last edited:
I have an i5 650 (yes, you read that right, a 650. No, I didn't get it at a museum or on an archaeological dig, I just suck at upgrading), 6GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB, and I can run the game fine with no performance or technical issues.

Surprising, since I'm well below the minimum specs on everything other than my graphics card. Still, gonna get some upgrades soon, so all for the best.

Last edited:
Can some kind person tell me if this computer from Amazon, will be capable of running Planet Coaster.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015Y69CL2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

While the CPU and RAM are both excellent in that laptop, the GPU (the GTX950m) might struggle to run the game. Unfortunately laptops tend to have cut down versions of their desktop counterparts when it comes to CPU's and GPU's. If it were me, I'd look for a laptop with something like the GTX965m in it and the same processor, the i7 6700.

Whats your budget for the new machine and are desktop PC's out of the equation? (Reason I ask is you can get a lot more for your money with a desktop)

I have a

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Windows 7 64bit
8GB
NVIDIA Geforce GT 610 with 2GB memory.

I feel that I won't be able to run it.

Usually the problem with the laptops, is the little space for air cool with the gpu and cpu. The system crash for average temp. I see some user, with a Lenovo, i7, 16gb ram, is overskill, but with a non gamer gpu, intel 5500, etc.. when this people use a external graphic card for laptop. The games run respectably. I speak about the witcher 3, fallout or similar. The gpu is the most significant in performance to play.

Others minors detail, are the cpu. Me brother usually play on quad Q6600 and Athlon 2800+, a old computer processor, around 6 or 8 years o more! And play decent actually games, in medium, around 50-60 frames. One example, the far cry primal. But, the graphic card is expensive, gtx 570 ti. And of course, the sdd hard disk or hybrid hard disk, help a lot. Is posible Beyonce, you only need a non gt graphic card. You have best choice.

Yeah unfortunately for the the gt720 is a very weak card the 4460 should be plenty to play it but that GPU isnt.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

<quote>
I have a

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Windows 7 64bit
8GB
NVIDIA Geforce GT 610 with 2GB memory.

I feel that I won't be able to run it.
</quote>

Yes I would be very surprised if you can play it, even tho your card has 2gb of video memory it wont have enough GPU power to use it and the e8400 is quite a bit below in the CPU requirement as well, both minimum CPUs are quad cores where as yours is only a dual core and older than the required quad cores.

irf anyone is looking to upgrade this is a good build if you want to play just about anything at medium-high settings
http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-build-guide-budget-gaming-pc/
also when upgrading make sure you check how much power you will need before upgrading (psu are cheap)
also laptops are garbage, dont use them for gaming

Thank you for the suggestion. Although my current computer runs the game for now, I would like to explore additional options. The game is so awesome already I would love to see how beautifully it runs on a better computer closer to when it is released. If anyone has additional suggestions, I would appreciate them. :)

Top Bottom