Community Event / Creation The Conclave Episode 2 - Micro-transactions and PvP

Episode Status: - LIVE
Content Submission - Closed

Ok Folks,

Going to try for something different here.
I have been editing the Conclave Episode 2 and the discussion is very good and varied.
However I am realising that once we have covered a topic on the show chances are we are not going to revisit it for some time. We can only have so many people on the show to record each week but it seems a shame for a community invite show to not allow people to say their piece if they want to.

Soooo to that end I am opening up the phonelines (not actual phonelines).
Each Episode, I will post a new thread stating the topics for discussion, if you cant get on the show for whatever reason but still want to contribute you can record your point and email it into us a info@laveradio.com. These will added to the discussion on the show.

Format:

Name
On the subject of ----------(Whatever the topic is)

Please could you try and be concise and keep your point to no more than 2 minutes (these are going in as quick fire points).
For those that are new to this, it really helps to write out your answer and then just read it. (The fun part is trying to make it sound like you are doing it off the top of your head).
Try and keep the audio as decent as possible but we will work with anything. most phones have voice recorders apps built in, why not use that whilst sitting in your car and then email the file to us. Simple

Can't wait to hear from you.

Last edited:
Admit it, you just want to edit me out of the recording :D
(yes, I admit I was that terrible)

Stop being so paranoid woman ;)

You were great! the whole panel was, well not including Darren's missus in the shower. It's the fact that you guys spoke so passionately on these two topics got me thinking we might be doing a disservice to other listeners who can't get on the show but want to get their views across. As once we have left these we wont be coming back to them.

The whole record a little clip for inclusion in the show would suit me good, I could probably get a bit of peace and quiet for a few mins to record my say on a given topic....

Now get back to editing the conclave :D I'm having Lave Radio withdrawal symptoms.............

The whole record a little clip for inclusion in the show would suit me good, I could probably get a bit of peace and quiet for a few mins to record my say on a given topic....

Now get back to editing the conclave :D I'm having Lave Radio withdrawal symptoms.............

<Insert sound of cracking whip>

Send you thoughts through on email. After this is done editing (and i only have ten minutes left to go. ) All that will be left is to add in other listeners submissions and release.

[sigh]

I could have been there. If only I hadn't left my phone in the kitchen on Friday... :(

I take it the two topics mentioned in the subject of your post are the topics you want opinions on (micro-transactions and (shudder) pvp)?

[sigh]

I could have been there. If only I hadn't left my phone in the kitchen on Friday... :(

I take it the two topics mentioned in the subject of your post are the topics you want opinions on (micro-transactions and (shudder) pvp)?

Yes please Dave, and I'm sure you'll be around for the next one. ;)

ok so the Episode is Edited.

All that we are waiting on now is your submissions.

I will probably wait to see what arrives by end of play on Monday then release the episode late Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again to all those who took part.

For those of you interested in what the editing process looks like.
This picture shows the final 1.08min show edited. Each white line depicts where I have added or removed part of the dialogue.
Final Edit

John has a similar image after each full Lave Radio episode and Chris's screen with Escape Velocity is slightly more complex as he has many many channels for layering of dialogue plus effects plus music.

n.b. The samples at the bottom are bloopers, of which there always seem to be many!

I just today picked up a copy of Adobe Audition... looks nice to use..

Hoping to get some decent results..

Ok tried to sened my thingybob to you on PvP a the address you mentionedI hope im not to late, I have to wait for everyone to go to bed for it to get quiet here.............. :rolleyes:

oh you might like to point out the maximum message size is 15mb my file says 12.7 but I keep getting undelivered as it apparently is 17mb..........

Ok sent it again as an MP3 should work this time was only 3mb...........

Last edited:
Ok got submissions from a couple of people anybody else that wants in let me know.

The format listed above should form your introduction to the recording .

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Hi Guys, moved the thread into the Fan creations section after a discussion with Ashley and the others on the mod team on threads etc..

The Lave Radio episodes are fine in the general section, as these are very useful digests. Could Escape velocity and the Conclave be kept in the fan creations section.

Hi Guys, moved the thread into the Fan creations section after a discussion with Ashley and the others on the mod team on threads etc..

The Lave Radio episodes are fine in the general section, as these are very useful digests. Could Escape velocity and the Conclave be kept in the fan creations section.

Sure thing.

Cheers guys.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Cheers, got to say I'm looking forward to the next conclave episode. :D

The huge amount of effort you guys are putting in is fantastic, you should all be proud of the high quality of them, especially the adverts. :rolleyes:

It's brilliant how the forum has come alive compared to the "dark days".

Cheers, got to say I'm looking forward to the next conclave episode. :D

The huge amount of effort you guys are putting in is fantastic, you should all be proud of the high quality of them, especially the adverts. :rolleyes:

It's brilliant how the forum has come alive compared to the "dark days".

Ha tell us about it. There are four Elite Widow that are expecting a personal letter of apology from Mr Braben himself !

"I had a husband till your kickstarter!"

By the way not too late to record a comment for this episode of conclave. Release is set for tomorrow.

Ok folks

The new episode is up online

Thanks to those that took part.

It will be on iTunes shortly and then on the main site in the morning when Mr Stabler updates the main page :D

Top Bottom