The final bullet in the head of the console versions of the game!!

So has anybody checked out "legacy" mode yet?

Is it as sad and dead as many of us feared, or is it, "God" forbid, still connected to the live server - hence all the disconnections in "live" mode?!

Or does it look ANY different at all?!

πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€˜

Legacy server is up. I logged in to both 4.0 EDH and 3.8 (legacy) just to check that all was good, and it was for my cmdr and ships. I am updating my Epic alt account now.

I have been losing wars to EDO planet fighters while ive been in space ship.. .
System BGS split has shown different results in the wars per platform allready...
In 4.0 the wars been won by the other side... lol...

There will be no 4.0 Console Version.
Or so Bruce said.

No more CGs on Legacy (3.8 Elite) version.
But it will still have it's own BGS and PowerPlay, completely separated from the 4.0 Live version on PC (but presumably shared with the Legacy 3.8 on PC)

Also, transfers will be put on hold and when they will resume they will not be as comprehensive as they are now
I have been off for awhile. How are these transfers being done? If it's a simple process then I'd be aswell do it. But I am still bitter as hell about Frontier stringing me along on console just to drop us all off a cliff. Idiotic move in my opinion.

I have been off for awhile. How are these transfers being done? If it's a simple process then I'd be aswell do it. But I am still bitter as hell about Frontier stringing me along on console just to drop us all off a cliff. Idiotic move in my opinion.

Before U14, the transfers were actually an automatic copy process.
Basically your console account was duplicated on PC with some caveats: carriers cannot be transferred, Arx cannot be transferred (there was a webpage form where you enter you console account, your destination pc account or an option to create one and that was it)
After the transfer both accounts were available to play

But according the notes at the announcement of U14, that is one week before, they've stopped the transfers post U14 and they will resume them next year but it was noted that those transfers will not be as comprehensive.
So apparently something will be left out, but no idea what.

Before U14, the transfers were actually an automatic copy process.
Basically your console account was duplicated on PC with some caveats: carriers cannot be transferred, Arx cannot be transferred (there was a webpage form where you enter you console account, your destination pc account or an option to create one and that was it)
After the transfer both accounts were available to play

But according the notes at the announcement of U14, that is one week before, they've stopped the transfers post U14 and they will resume them next year but it was noted that those transfers will not be as comprehensive.
So apparently something will be left out, but no idea what.
In hope it’s just the cosmetic things, it would be a total shame but better, then loose all ships and everything.

What made me think about it is, we had already a version of copying but just money, could be the new copying Process be money and ranks ? We will see

The Devs are giving free Arcs away on Odyssey for logging in each day. We 2nd class citizens are not getting these presents.
Indeed and of course they used to and there's zero reason for not add them or anything that isn't specifically coded for Odyssey to "legacy" mode, other than pressuring people into buying/playing the game on PC! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Indeed and of course they used to and there's zero reason for not add them or anything that isn't specifically coded for Odyssey to "legacy" mode, other than pressuring people into buying/playing the game on PC! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€˜ .
To be honest even PC non-odyssey accounts get the ARX in Horizons 4.0 so its really only console players who are left out unfortunately. :( (and of course PC players who stick to 3.8 legacy).

Why would they give us free stuff ?? We didn't buy a new PC to play EDO ? ( I did pay for a series X though and hotas before consolegate ) so we didn't support the company ??
Only critical fixes I'm afraid .

Why would they give us free stuff ?? We didn't buy a new PC to play EDO ? ( I did pay for a series X though and hotas before consolegate ) so we didn't support the company ??
Only critical fixes I'm afraid .
They're no longer supporting us!! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚
Although, IF (hopefully sooner rather than later) they ever bring out a "next gen" version of Elite, all would mostly be forgiven!! πŸ˜―πŸ˜‚πŸ©²πŸ˜€πŸ€˜πŸ€ž .

Top Bottom