The game is too easy to exploit and win

I am sure you devs are familiar with this guide, "v1.6 Explanation of mechanics behind car design and research." https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2857964774
I just wanted it to be referenced in this forum as well. As the Author highlight, there are a couple of ways to "make the game too easy," breaking the balance through research and design.

My general suggestion would be that it's better to have a "too hard game" at lunch than a "too easy game" at lunch. I am sure those variables are easy to tweak, and honestly speaking, players should stop the ugly tendency of min/max everything just to break stuff around, but that's the reality of people nowadays. They can't play anymore. They need to be forced to play fair, or they will always cheat if the system (even involuntary) allows it for some mistake in the balance/code.

It's too late now to undo those few weeks of people overpowering their own car but remembers, players may complain a lot (about everything, honestly), but they will really enjoy it if forced to play fair. Hardship is what makes a game a challenge and worth to play make it this easy is pushing people away.

I don't want to be disrespectful for the dev, but i am not sure they choose between rubbish tycoon manager or hardcore irl manager....
And having make a middle ty decision is bad... This is like a disney channel choice or ...and they choose the boring netflix...

Unfortunately for them, the community seem's to be IRL Hard-soft manager. So, the question is simple: is it still possible to salvage the game or to improve it...

I started with McLaren which had objective to achieve constructors championship within 5 seasons. Did it in 2 (though came down to race strategy and research/design). I thought it would be a bit harder to achieve ie 3 or 4 seasons, so would agree it's easier than originally expected

I started with McLaren which had objective to achieve constructors championship within 5 seasons. Did it in 2 (though came down to race strategy and research/design). I thought it would be a bit harder to achieve ie 3 or 4 seasons, so would agree it's easier than originally expected
Try Williams ;-)

if you read how to get extreme advantage from design/research in the post I linked you can easily win with Williams in 2 years

And that’s the big part of the problem you can win with 2 rookies driving Williams in 2 years that’s how much is OP and people will use it than complain that the game is broken when they are using purposely a feature in a broken way.

Of course devs should have balanced it ahead of time but if you want to enjoy the game just try to play it without breaking it purposly just because you can

Last edited:
Top Bottom