The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

It is?!?
Does it have the same bright blue star?

Yes, sir. Regardless, it's the most beautiful planet I've seen yet.

20210531144552_1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I just found the most beautiful location since I started playing Odyssey... Its really insane. When the planet tech works as intended, it produces some of the most mindbogglingly stunning vistas possible. I didn't even know that canyons like these were possible, but apparently they are. (Sidenote: no editing of the images whatsoever)

h68kFsK.jpg

wFNNSff.jpg

A2RBZgB.jpg

AsWTIN0.jpg

g8bYlgU.jpg

Ok, I just found the most beautiful location since I started playing Odyssey... Its really insane. When the planet tech works as intended, it produces some of the most mindbogglingly stunning vistas possible. I didn't even know that canyons like these were possible, but apparently they are. (Sidenote: no editing of the images whatsoever)
The method I (and you, in this case, too) use is to avoid places where the star is at around noon, which eliminates all the shadows.

Last edited:
I honestly can not stress enough how much of a difference the "UltraForCapture" setting in terrain-quality makes. Not only do planets from orbit get a huge facelift, but also shadows and the LOD on the surface is enhanced as well. If your GPU is able to handle it, use it. You might even be able to play with this setting.

Terrain-quality set to Ultra:
RVuqr48.jpg

Terrain-quality set to UltraForCapture:
VSShDjL.jpg

I honestly can not stress enough how much of a difference the "UltraForCapture" setting in terrain-quality makes.
I play on UFC when exploring,
but there were reports (with screenshots) of next to none improvement after turning UFC on.
It's impact on quality MAY be hardware/location dependent.

Last edited:
I really love how some of those hills/mountains in your shots are textured. I often come across stretched textures which make the scene worse than it should.
Yep, those textures are a kind of photo bombers.
I have screenshots in gallery that could be looking much better if not for this... something that is supposed to be a hill/mountain texture:

ZioIGA.jpg

Oh!
I've been on so many ice planets but never saw this particular ice texture!
Which planet is that?
Sorry I can't remember the name. I believe it was in Eotienses. It actually wasn't an ice planet, but rocky body with an ice cap. Sadly the textures broke after a few minutes so I couldn't enjoy it for very long. Here are a couple of pictures from higher up in case it helps:

EDIT: Yep, pretty sure it's Eotienses. That bright red star plus the dull one in the first image checks out.

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.05.29 - 20.57.59.84.jpg
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.05.29 - 20.57.16.01.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom