The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

Screenshot_0546.jpg

Joined the cactus selfie club.

E: they're more like stromatolites than cactuses if you ask me though

Last edited:
Ok, but...

...Exactly this. Without some 'artificial gravity', hair, drinks, objects, banners, etc. will not be behaving like they do in the pictures - ie. normally - even if the people are 'mag-booted' to the floor.

I know it's difficult do do zero-g well - I play Hardspace: Ship Breakers, and the main reason they don't have multi-player is the difficulty in animating the avatars to be seen in 'third person'.

'Mag-Boots' only goes so far with the suspension of disbelief - Given that we have space folding technology in our spaceships, I honestly find it easier to role-play having (limited) artificial gravity for certain areas inside outposts - Spin gravity still being the most power efficient suitable for large spaces ('proper' stations).
Of course you can roleplay whatever you want, but artificial gravity is not in the game lore.
There is no artificial gravity in the Elite universe, which I am very grateful for because it's one of those really complicated things that always gets handwaved away because it's convenient. Scientifically speaking we don't even really know what gravity really is...

But of course, in your head everything is possible. It's a game after all. :)

Are you playing on some kind of beastly gaming PC with a 32:9 monitor?
yea running a 3090 fe paired with a 10900k the monitor is a samsung odyssey G9

In fact i just got my ek fe gpu block today... so might have to build a loop prior to playing again very soon

Of course you can roleplay whatever you want, but artificial gravity is not in the game lore.
There is no artificial gravity in the Elite universe, which I am very grateful for because it's one of those really complicated things that always gets handwaved away because it's convenient. Scientifically speaking we don't even really know what gravity really is...

Oh, absolutely. No artificial gravity is 100% the in game lore, which is why I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of acknowledgement of the zero g on the assets in the outpost (banners, objects, hair, etc.)

Actually, just to be pedantic... ;-)

There is no anti-gravity tech in the ED universe. There is artifiicial gravity, as the Coriolis and some other stations rotate to create it.

Questions before my post:
How are people getting these shots of anacondas? Where does one find the organics and how does one get there without running out of energy?

Anacondas: people are using the SRV training mission and recalling an Anaconda from the SRV, then flying it off the training world and using parallax to find other planets in the system.

I can't get it to work though. For me, it always recalls a Diamondback, and the whole game crashes to desktop when I try to jump to supercruise.

Biologicals: Adityan A 9 B. Farias Botanical Site. Travel at a bearing of 70° away from the base. Towards the distant hills. Moon-hop to go faster (don't use the boost jump though, save energy). When you get to a valley about 60.45, 19.60 you will find it filled with clusters of "trees", spread over a much, much larger areathan the existing organics. Take energy cells with you and use them to recharge your suit if it starts to run low, but with judicious hopping you can reach the valley on a single charge of the Maverick suit with time to look around. Takes maybe 10-15 mins to get there, there planet isn't too hot or cold so power drain is lower than on most. Call a taxi from the control wheel when your energy runs low.

Last edited:

i mean, you either hand-wave away artificial gravity or you hand-wave away the fact stuff should be floating around inside outposts. you have to pick one or the other lol

Almost made it back to the shuttle, suit ran out of everything just a few steps before. Not a terribly good screenshot from an artistic point of view, sorry about that. It does however perfectly capture the helpless terror and frustration of suffocating mere metres from that sweet, sweet oxygen that your dying body so craves. Damn Uber driver probably shrugged and flew off

20210401012700_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom