The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

1.jpg

I am finally leaving the Kepler's Crest region. I came to this region to see the green gas giant Dreamer Blush in Gongae QW-L c24-0, of which I already posted a couple of pics in the Stellar Screenshots thread. I have traveled around in the northern part of this region, which is mostly an inter-arm region between the Perseus Arm and the Outer Arm Vacuus, where stars are quite sparse.
Kepler's Crest 2023-05-27 (2).png

Because stars are rather sparse here, most systems are already fully discovered. All terraformable bodies that I found, were already discovered and mapped. And so was also the only Earth-Like World that I found in this region, in Slyaips JL-P c8-0.
Kepler's Crest 2023-05-22 FullHD.png

But in this region I found two new scannable biological species which I had not encountered before. The first was Tussock Pennatis:
Kepler's Crest 2023-05-21 FullHD.png

The second new species to me was Frutexa Fera, which became the 82nd unique species which I have sampled. (not counting color variants)
Kepler's Crest 2023-05-20 FullHD.jpg

And these Concha Labiatas were equally pretty here as everywhere else. I wonder how they can be so similar here, about 8000 ly from Sol, as in the Core systems?
Kepler's Crest 2023-05-27 (1).jpg

Now I'm heading to Station X in the Crab Sector to redeem my Codex vouchers, and also to see the Crab nebula. I will most probably never return to Kepler's Crest again, because the galaxy is big and has a lot to see.

Here is me soon after moving from Kepler's Crest region to Elysian Shore:
2023-05-30 in the Elysian Shore - Slyaips HB-X c17-0.jpg

Sampling the Stratum Tectonicas is always good for the wallet, and especially good it is when you get the First Footfall tag right before it. It pays about 95 MCr. Here in Slyaips HB-X c17-0 it was even better when I found this on two untouched planets. This system was next to my carrier's first jump destination system in the Elysian Shore. And then this occurrence even repeated after my carrier's second jump in this region. So I earned over 400 million credits with exobiology soon after coming to this region! This is quite exceptional.💰:cool:

My Orca is now golden. I would have wanted a fully gold plated finish, but that was not available, so it had to be this Asemic Black & Gold paint job. I got inspiration for this after seeing footage of gorgeous gold plating on some ships in the EVE Online star cluster.
2023-06-17 Golden Orca.jpg

But it was awkward how smudgy it looked when I was approaching Station X in Crab Sector DL-Y d9!
2023-06-11 (1) Approaching Station X.jpg

I looked at the paint job closer in a hangar bay, and it really is a bit smudgy. Apparently polishing the gold paint was not included in the price of the paint job. The dimly lit hangar bays on fleet carriers are not good places for looking at paint jobs, so here I was able to see it properly the first time.
2023-06-11 (2) Looking at my ship in a hangar at Station X.jpg

Here it's in deep space against the Crab Nebula:
2023-06-13 Golden Orca and the Crab Nebula.jpg

400+ First Footfalls :geek:

I also take corresponding screenshots of my First Footfalls. Only a few times I have forgotten to take it. I have curretly 411 First Footfalls. The pictures are like a diary of which I can see where I have been.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ]M[
I also take corresponding screenshots of my First Footfalls. Only a few times I have forgotten to take it. I have curretly 411 First Footfalls. The pictures are like a diary of which I can see where I have been.

I’ve missed quite a few of them tbh, especially in the early days of Odyssey, when sometimes “disembark” would mean a blank screen & relog - sometimes I’d be distracted or just forget to take a pic, but most times these days I remember to take a quick snap or two… so these are most of my first footfalls from around no.130 (when I moved to an UW screen for OD) up to no.439, the most recent one :)

Top Bottom