The Great Pre-Upgraded Gear Sharing is Caring Thread

This is true, I believe that if It is G2 you can just post it location and all, But if it is engineered or G3 or higher you can post what it is but not where unless someone asks. But as long as you follow the spirit of the forum and share what you don't need and post when you do take things, you should be fine.

1) It's only G2
2) Why not just post the location like every other person in this thread? Asking for DMs is sus.
There are many lurkers that benefit from this thread and don't bother to report what they take, wasting player's time. The DM protocol was suggested to reduce that. Personally I can't be bothered with DMs. But it's their find, they can do whatever they want with it.

1) It's only G2
2) Why not just post the location like every other person in this thread? Asking for DMs is sus.
1) It's not the G2 that is what matters. It is the audio masking, a tier 3 engineer mod. Such weapons, whether G2 or G3 are unicorns. Very sought after. Saves on engineer unlocks and mats. Any station Pioneer Stores will upgrade to G3 for a few mats.

2) I refer you to the first post in this thread. The relevant part is:
  1. If the item is rare (G3 quality is generally rare and any item with a mod already installed - the light blue ones) then please consider posting just that you've found the item and then people can quote you and you can DM the location to them
  2. It is suggested you offer the location to the first respondant only, it's only fair that way but it's up to you of course
I am not the only one that asks for DMs, so your statement about every other person in this thread posting the location is factually incorrect.

There are lurkers. People that will take and not post that they have done so/offer thanks to the finder, which wastes the time of others. It also prevents multiple CMDRs racing for the same item, wasting the time of all but the first to arrive. These lurkers are also likely to not post any of their finds (if they even search).

Please explain what you consider "sus" about asking for a DM. Is my behaviour or potential future actions unacceptable to you or the community? If I can, and it is reasonable, then I will consider the changing.

Steve

P.S. When selling mats from a carrier I often DM the CMDR that is looking. I will also ask for a friend request. This is purely so that mats put up for sale are not taken by someone other than the CMDR they are meant for as carrier access is restricted to friends. They can unfriend me once they have the mats, or not as I may have stuff for sale in the future.

1) It's not the G2 that is what matters. It is the audio masking, a tier 3 engineer mod. Such weapons, whether G2 or G3 are unicorns. Very sought after. Saves on engineer unlocks and mats. Any station Pioneer Stores will upgrade to G3 for a few mats.

2) I refer you to the first post in this thread. The relevant part is:
  1. If the item is rare (G3 quality is generally rare and any item with a mod already installed - the light blue ones) then please consider posting just that you've found the item and then people can quote you and you can DM the location to them
  2. It is suggested you offer the location to the first respondant only, it's only fair that way but it's up to you of course
I am not the only one that asks for DMs, so your statement about every other person in this thread posting the location is factually incorrect.

There are lurkers. People that will take and not post that they have done so/offer thanks to the finder, which wastes the time of others. It also prevents multiple CMDRs racing for the same item, wasting the time of all but the first to arrive. These lurkers are also likely to not post any of their finds (if they even search).

Please explain what you consider "sus" about asking for a DM. Is my behaviour or potential future actions unacceptable to you or the community? If I can, and it is reasonable, then I will consider the changing.

Steve

P.S. When selling mats from a carrier I often DM the CMDR that is looking. I will also ask for a friend request. This is purely so that mats put up for sale are not taken by someone other than the CMDR they are meant for as carrier access is restricted to friends. They can unfriend me once they have the mats, or not as I may have stuff for sale in the future.

I apologize - thank you for explaining respectfully.

G3 empty Maverick and G2 Tormentor (Also unmodified) at Barry Base in HIP 21123. Note it's an M pad outpost if you grab it.
G2 Headshot Damage Zenith, G2+G3 Artemis (Both empty) at HIP 21280, Zalyotin city
G2 Noise Supressor Executioner at Beaufoy Port, HIP 21380

Last edited:
Baudani, Cassidy Beacon (medium pad)
Karma AR-50 G3 no mods
Karma P-15 G3 no mods

Ngulungbara, Flaugergues Enterprise
(medium pad)
Dominator G2, faster shield regen
Dominator G2, empty

LIU HUANG- CLERK VISION

G2 KARMA L-6 WITH AUDIO MASKING. LOL
I laughed too for a minute then had a "Wait..." moment.

That could actually be a very effective stealth tool. I assume only the firing would be masked and the explosion wouldn't? That could be useful both as a guaranteed kill assassination weapon and perhaps also as a tool for drawing attention to exactly where you want enemies to go? Am I crazy?

Top Bottom