The Great Pre-Upgraded Gear Sharing is Caring Thread

So what's the trick to finding pre-upgraded gear?

Is it pure RGN luck, or is there a special set of system/minor faction/state conditions that must be met for them to spawn at any given location?

Does the same gear spawn at the same location every week? Is it only once a week on server tick or is it daily on BGS tick?

I've jumped around for hours trying to find the weapons I want, no luck. I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact that I'm gonna have to upgrade them from G1.

The refresh is weekly during the Thargsday server reset.

I have read that you only find stuff in shops that sell that make of standard gear, other than that I think it is random.

So the best time to look is as soon after the tick as possible, systems with lots of shop locations are better to search, more chances, and if they are awkward to reach they could be less likely to be snatched.

It's random. The base stock is always the same. Any upgraded stock will be a variant of the base stock. It changes with the weekly maintenance. Don't look in the core systems (or anywhere there is high player activity) as those are likely to get snaffled first. In the boondocks I've found stuff right before the weekly maintenance and that was back when there were probably more people looking.

Someone should update the OP with an FAQ.

Back
Top Bottom