The grind the guardian grind

I enjoyed driving round ancient ruins for ram tah, so I thought I would try again for the guardian mods.
The beacon was atmospheric but of little interest, then off to the guardian structure, which was a heightened version of the ancient ruins with bigger sentinels, of course for immersion reasons I didn't read any guides so found that relics didn't work to activate the machine, so back to the beacon to get keys that I didn't notice first time around.
Then eventually finding a guardian broker through inara as the galmap is so broke it only shows you things if you have visited the port already (crazy design), I found I needed a whole pile of epsilon pattern obelisk data, which you get by scanning ancient obelisk without holding the ancient items.
OK I've done that before so off to the ruins again, this time in my asp only a few jumps. Then I find one of those huge steep ruins and drive on a loop scanning the blue obelisks, that part is fun, at least for the first few times, I get possibly 2or 3 epsilon scans each loop, around 10 data, but I need 28 times 3 for each fighter and then some for other mods. This is a killing grind, eventually my other pattern data is full, so I return back, unlock 2 fighters, unlock some hull reinforcement, fly about and get some other unlock stuff which is OK, haven't done missions for a whole. Then is seems that the guardian power plant is good for explorers, being lightweight, so I would need to go back and scan again, arrrrrrgh that's enough, who set these numbers?
It's not as if you can do it slowly during regular game play as I think the dev argument goes, as you don't casually visit an ancient ruin, I am either in the bubble or on a long trek.
So what gives?
Do we need these mods anyway, are they for thargoid hunting?
Anyway it is true, truly a grind that starts as atmospheric fun and then becomes a debilitating relog.
See you in the black....

Having unlocked them all myself...

The Guardian weapons/SLFs are good for both Thargoid and Human targets, been using them with a great deal of success against non-Thargoid opposition.
The Guardian supplemental modules are also of universal applicability.

As for the grind aspect - the Ram Tah missions were a true grind, the guardian unlocks need not be if you don't focus too heavily on it as an activity in itself. The only major issue is the RNG aspect where materials and Obelisk patterns are concerned - it is not *that* bad on balance though IMO.

Sorry to hijack the thread but, can somebody point me at a decent guide to doing the Guardian SLF stuff?

Haven't been playing since the Gnosis so I haven't really been paying much attention to what's what. :eek:

Top Bottom