The hot gas giant thread

So I jumped into a system ( one that won't be named yet) and this planet appeared as I slowed down. I thought to myself damn that planet is damn close to the sun/ me.... It's never happened before. I turn to it and I see that it's a gas giant that's ridiculously close to the main star...so close that I mapped it without moving from the jump in point..

If you guys have close hot gas giants post them up...

M1DZhYO.jpg
OXrCDUd.jpg

Last edited:
Some details about it are: 4.03ls from a class k star, 665 earth masses and it orbits in .3 days... Quickly enough that you can notice it move in supercruise

Last edited:
In Imgur click on the image and then copy the BBCode, then paste it in the ED forum.

Like this:

zphLAda.jpg

Or use the Get Share Links method:

zygSWdI.jpg

Last edited:
Does this one count?
gTdXc35.png

Here's a time-lapse of it. 1 second in the video is almost exactly 1 minute - it does a full revolution in very slightly over 30m. It's so close to the host star, I'm already sitting at the exclusion zone.
[video=youtube;-WOAIQ2bjyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOAIQ2bjyk[/video]

I used to post more pics and vids like this, until auto-locking started happening on the forums.

I wouldnt go so far as to call it common, but you do tend to find close orbiting gas giants around those deep red stars. Whatever they are called :)

Does this one count?
Here's a time-lapse of it. 1 second in the video is almost exactly 1 minute - it does a full revolution in very slightly over 30m. It's so close to the host star, I'm already sitting at the exclusion zone.

I used to post more pics and vids like this, until auto-locking started happening on the forums.

A thing of beauty!

Does this one count?.

Nice one-similar to Death Spiral that I visited on DW2 duty.Would presume the Gas Giant is too close to the WD to map.

WiOxmDr.png
[/IMG]

This is a close GG I found orbiting a M star and have found similar around M and K stars. White Dwarfs tend to take the prize in ultra close orbits though!

Nice one-similar to Death Spiral that I visited on DW2 duty.Would presume the Gas Giant is too close to the WD to map.

This is a close GG I found orbiting a M star and have found similar around M and K stars. White Dwarfs tend to take the prize in ultra close orbits though!

That GG must fly

Top Bottom