The Imperial Clipper

Yes, but I wouldn't use a Clipper with SLF and as a constantly-mobile AWAC like I can the Cutter...

Your pre-recorded responses need an update methinks ;)

That's a perfectly valid thing to say the Clipper doesn't work for a specific use-case for you. What you said about the Clipper however, was NOT valid or correct.

Also stop the trolling, just stop.

Two things about the Clipper that disappoint me 1.) It should be called the Courier. I don't accept that the Pink Panther car is the Courier. 2.) The nacelles should retract in towards the body so it can land on a medium pad.

That's a perfectly valid thing to say the Clipper doesn't work for a specific use-case for you. What you said about the Clipper however, was NOT valid or correct.

Also stop the trolling, just stop.
People like you are what's wrong with this forum, you really think there's a definite yes/no answer to everything about what's "good" or not? Do you know what subjectivity means? Have you researched "theory of mind" by any chance?

Or, are you older than 14? The questions mount...

People like you are what's wrong with this forum, you really think there's a definite yes/no answer to everything about what's "good" or not? Do you know what subjectivity means? Have you researched "theory of mind" by any chance?

Or you could have just realized you said "slow" when you meant "sluggish handling" and edited your post.

Instead you dug in and tried to defend an objectively indefensible statement instead of just admitting you are wrong. All with a bad attitude to boot.

You mean how a Type-9 with 6D thrusters is a super fast ship and if anyone says otherwise they are an NPC lacking the cognitive ability to appreciate the nuanced subjectivity of my claim?

You mean how a Type-9 with 6D thrusters is a super fast ship and if anyone says otherwise they are an NPC lacking the cognitive ability to appreciate the nuanced subjectivity of my claim?
Maybe I should just push the throttle up beyond 10%?

I hate the Clipper

• Low shields
  • Low speed
  • Terrible noise, seriously, it's like a cat's deathrattle
  • Bad name, reminds me of toe-nail clippings
  • Large landing pads are a drag, in the way that it drags down your sanity by forgetting this medium-ship is considered large

Basically it's the Cutter's "special" step-son. Phantom does everything better as an explorer/miner in my opinion.

I get the part with personal preference, but the fact is Clipper is one the fastest ship running on normal drives (as opposed of small ships running Enhanced drives)

It can boost to 641 unladen and to 612 with 192t of cargo.
It is more maneuverable in both SC and normal space than the Phantom (kraits are kinda flawed due to perma boost ability using only 2 pips in ENG)

The shields are a disappointment, indeed - but one can pump up the shields quite a lot at the exchange of cargo capacity.

Sure, the noise is personal preference (i have to say that i like it a lot, the only ship i really hate the noise is the DBX) and the same for the design.

The name comes from the sail age Clipper - a merchant sailing ship specifically designed and built for speed.
Very appropriate imo

And not at last, my Clipper configured for deep core mining is a pure joy to fly in an asteroid field

Sure, the noise is personal preference (i have to say that i like it a lot, the only ship i really hate the noise is the DBX) and the same for the design.

No issue with Clipper engine noises for me. But I seriously had to sell my Vulture because I could not believe how obnoxious and droning it's sublight drive sounds were. How can people spend hours and hours in that ship? It's beyond me!

No issue with Clipper engine noises for me. But I seriously had to sell my Vulture because I could not believe how obnoxious and droning it's sublight drive sounds were. How can people spend hours and hours in that ship? It's beyond me!
I'm with you there on the Vulture, it's just obnoxious. I like the DBX boost noise, but directional thruster sound as well as when it is slowing down are a bit annoying to me.

Clipper sounds I like all around.

yep, forgot about the Vulture, still the DBX is one of most hated ship sound wise - and the sad part is that i kinda have to use it since it's rather unbeatable in what it does.

Top Bottom