Ships The Keelback Club

Has anyone noticed a problem with the cargo scoop being misaligned on the Keelback? The other day I was intercepted by a pirate. We duked it out and I won with the help of my fighter. When I deployed the cargo scoop to hoover up the mats and escape pods dropped by the pirate, I noticed that even if I had the crosshairs perfectly centered on the cargo, it would still bounce away from the ship. The only way I could get the cargo in the ship was to deliberately maneuver so the cargo was below and to the left of the cargo crosshairs, then it would scoop it up. Later that evening I did a peaceful salvage mission and this problem was not present. Then I did another combat mission and the problem returned. It seems to be related to combat or ship-launched fighters?

The last time I flew a Keelback was in Horizons days. I recall this was a bug back then but I thought they patched it out. Is it back again or just never went away? Or just something on my end?

My Keelback flying past a spooky moon. Maybe I will share it for the #Screamshots contest....

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.10.17 - 23.05.11.54.jpg

Last edited:
I have a (rather unhealthy) obsession with the Keelback. Of all the ships its the one I keep coming back to time and time again. Good enough for almost any job, but not so good you don't have to think about what you are doing. Taken me to Colonia and Sag A* and now back in the bubble.

Anyone know if there is a keelback squadron? I play in open and rarely encounter another player in a keelback.

I have a (rather unhealthy) obsession with the Keelback. Of all the ships its the one I keep coming back to time and time again. Good enough for almost any job, but not so good you don't have to think about what you are doing. Taken me to Colonia and Sag A* and now back in the bubble.

Anyone know if there is a keelback squadron? I play in open and rarely encounter another player in a keelback.
Played for years on xbox before being able to copy over to a PC account (non-steam version). Not many of the founding members are left in the player faction though (Origami Aerospace Industries). We used to run in groups of four with highly engineered keelbacks (efficient regen beams and packhounds). Never lost shields using regen beam lasers on each other, and 8 packhound racks going off together on some poor soul always brought laughter from the crew. A great little ship … extremely dangerous when working together. Our keelback crew was called “Keel Team Six”. I still play every now and then on PC. We are based out of KAMUY if you are ever in the neighborhood.

Top Bottom