Ships The Krait MKII Owners Club.

My favorite ship for core mining has been (and still is) the Anaconda. Today though, I tried to rig a MKII for core mining, and it does have its strong points. First of all speed and maneuverability. It's a really fun ship to fly in a ring, and even better orbiting an asteroid finding the fissures. Secondly it has a quite adequate cargo size, now that we have gotten the extra slot. I managed to fill up 128T of goodies in roughly an hour, and sold for ~150 mill, so it quickly pays back the purchase.

The only issue I have is visibility (in VR), which isn't that much better than the Conda. The visibility in a T-10 is still unrivaled.

Here's the setup I used, if anyone is curious. The hardpoints are probably a waste, since avoiding interdiction is a walk in the park with this ship. And I still feel naked without a fuel scoop:

Hi all. My first post here.

Started playing Elite in the beta, but still a noob in many aspects. While i can say i adore this game i find it easy to get bored out of it.

However, some time ago thanks to the new mining sytem i had the opportunity to get my second medium size ship ( the first being a mining build ASP Explorer ).

And it'a a Krait mk2 of course, named after the Imperial Japanese Navy 2nd world war heavy crusier Atago.

I bought it and build it for PVE combat and bounty hunting. Using mouse as a control method, with dirty drive thrusters i feel the ship has more than enough manouvrability to be used with fixed weapons.

I would like to have some feedback about my build ( in my signature ) The ship is not fully engineered mainly because i still don't have access to all the engineers.

Thanks !

Hi all. My first post here.

Started playing Elite in the beta, but still a noob in many aspects. While i can say i adore this game i find it easy to get bored out of it.

However, some time ago thanks to the new mining sytem i had the opportunity to get my second medium size ship ( the first being a mining build ASP Explorer ).

And it'a a Krait mk2 of course, named after the Imperial Japanese Navy 2nd world war heavy crusier Atago.

I bought it and build it for PVE combat and bounty hunting. Using mouse as a control method, with dirty drive thrusters i feel the ship has more than enough manouvrability to be used with fixed weapons.

I would like to have some feedback about my build ( in my signature ) The ship is not fully engineered mainly because i still don't have access to all the engineers.

Thanks !
Your build is a bit weird on some details. I guess the E rated life support is a mistake, use a D rated (or lightweight A rated) one.
Skip the ECM, it's more or less useless, better fit another shield booster.
If you put the detailed surface scanner in the c1 slot, and the interdictor in the c2 slot, you can equip a c3 collector limpet controller.

Your build is a bit weird on some details. I guess the E rated life support is a mistake, use a D rated (or lightweight A rated) one.
Skip the ECM, it's more or less useless, better fit another shield booster.
If you put the detailed surface scanner in the c1 slot, and the interdictor in the c2 slot, you can equip a c3 collector limpet controller.

Thanks for commenting.

Yes, a D rated life support would cut weight, correct ?

I use the ECM to counter guided weapons like missiles, many NPC targets use them. How should i counter them ? Can i out manouver them ? Chaff ?

Are you saying that another shield booster would add so much protection to make it viable to just eat the missile ?

Thanks again :)

Thanks for commenting.

Yes, a D rated life support would cut weight, correct ?

I use the ECM to counter guided weapons like missiles, many NPC targets use them. How should i counter them ? Can i out manouver them ? Chaff ?

Are you saying that another shield booster would add so much protection to make it viable to just eat the missile ?

Thanks again :)
Yes, D rated would cut weight.
If you can use the ECM, which isn't a given as it's not that easy, by all means keep it.
But your shields have the highest resistance against explosive, so another booster is usually the way to go, and helps against all damage sources, not only missiles.
Chaff doesn't work against missiles, and outmaneuvering doesn't work in a Python (except dumb fires)

If you can use the ECM, which isn't a given as it's not that easy, by all means keep it.
But your shields have the highest resistance against explosive, so another booster is usually the way to go, and helps against all damage sources, not only missiles.

I guess you are right about the shield booster, i'll go that way asap.

Thanks again. O7

I love my kombat krait and use it for bounty hunting. Fully engineered with g5 long-range large beam lasers, g5 overcharged medium mc's and then an slf bay. This baby outmanouvers almost everything I come across and can lay the smack down on even large ships. Easily my favorite ship

Deleted member 110222

D
N2LBvVV.png

I didn't realise how elegant she was in her factory finish. Just put on some discreet name plates and ID numbers... Lovely.

Loving my Krait. She really can do everything. This is the boat that's going to make me Elite.

No. Not a boat. She really is a ship.

I like how different iridescent paint looks under different conditions. So many colours. Also, this is how paintjob degradation looks on Krait, for those who are wondering. Most of these are at 0% paint integrity. There's a scratch or two, nothing major :) Warning: there's a bunch of pics there.
FKuuw2g.png

004K5JZ.png

2ybGzQ3.png

UtWms7b.png

M9fxCwe.png

LUqxuwN.png

Deleted member 110222

D
I like how different iridescent paint looks under different conditions. So many colours. Also, this is how paintjob degradation looks on Krait, for those who are wondering. Most of these are at 0% paint integrity. There's a scratch or two, nothing major :) Warning: there's a bunch of pics there.
FKuuw2g.png

004K5JZ.png

2ybGzQ3.png

UtWms7b.png

M9fxCwe.png

LUqxuwN.png
See I love what you've done with the ship kit there. Those parts only add to the grace.

Deleted member 110222

D
That looks splendid. I liked the idea of sticking to flat design of the ship, and just adding bits that stretch it in one plane. And those extra intakes/vents also work great.
Yeah the spoiler I used is not overpowering IMO. Doesn't really change the profile at all. The others do because they have disconnected sticky-out bits.

Traded in my Python for a Krait Mk II and have been very pleased. Slightly less cargo space, but not by much and I really don't need the money, anyway. She's way more fun to fly and I like the option of having a fighter bay. I use her when my large Imperial ships can't get the job done.

Top Bottom