Ships The Krait MKII Owners Club.

Yeah I know, its not out until tomorrow, but the excitement is real

Buying the Krait MK2 will be the first thing I do when the update hits, so I consider myself an owner :)

Mine will be an all rounder, and will give my Python well earned rest.

So, when the update hits, lets see those Krait Screenshots and loadouts

EDIT - got mine. I love it.

The cockpit is amazing - all the little details give it a really cool 'lived in' look. I'm going to assume the Krait has grav in the cockpit, given that it has a drinks machine and coffee cup on the starboard aux station.

It flies really well and sounds like a muscle car. Grade 5 Dirty Drives really gives it some speed too.

Dg13_dtW0AAW8Vl.jpg:large

o7

Last edited:
o7 TK, fellow TFS CMDR. :)

I wasn't this excited about a new ship so far.
Which makes it interesting that at the moment I'm struggling to find a niche for it. I never owned a Python even though I like the design - for me the jack of all trades meant I always had a better ship for a specific role. The T7 at the time was a better (much cheaper) cargo ship, the FDL/Gunship a better combat ship and as general multipurpose mission runner, the Cobra Mk4 was just fine with its low landing footprint and fantastic survivanility.

In any case, unless it becomes too popular for its own good, I will seriously consider to use it instead of the Corvette on DW2.

Ill be moving my Python and my extra engineered modules to Founders tonight. When I get home tomorrow it will be all ready to fly.....hopefully. :D

Definitely be buying a Krait and a paint job if there are any good ones. Will convert my exploration Python in to a trader and build an exploration Krait.

I'm an owner and I have already fully engineered my Krait.

Since I will just swap exactly everything over from my Python and be done.

The ship is too slow, its 100% not fast enough, I would urge everyone to request a small speed bump. Because this ship is absolutely TOO SLOW. It will NOT keep up once build and engineered, the base stats with the hottest build calculates to under 500 mps unless its paper thin, this ship IS NOT FAST ENOUGH it needs a speed boost. Please request a speed bump for this ship.

I'll selling my FGS and moving my Python modules over to the Krait I'm buying tomorrow. I feel a little bad about it, but I'm afraid it's time to retire my Keelback, the ship I have primarily used the last few months.

It's been fun, but the Krait is better in almost every respect.

Krait Cosmetics

I like the idea of the Krait and will be picking one up tm, but I have a hope that there will be ship kits that remove the two spears on either wing. I know some people will like this ascetic but to me it just seems pointless extra bulk. So here is hoping for a ship kit that will remove or mask the spears. Is this just me or do others feel the same? I would like to hear other opinions.

The ship is too slow, its 100% not fast enough, I would urge everyone to request a small speed bump. Because this ship is absolutely TOO SLOW. It will NOT keep up once build and engineered, the base stats with the hottest build calculates to under 500 mps unless its paper thin, this ship IS NOT FAST ENOUGH it needs a speed boost. Please request a speed bump for this ship.

It's base speed is faster than the Python which is it's competition.

It's base speed is faster than the Python which is it's competition.

Agreed actually started a thread on how the Krait pretty much a python but better because it is faster, more maneuverable, has a longer jump range, and has a fighter bay >.>
Like feels bad man. Why can't python get fighter bay.

I like the idea of the Krait and will be picking one up tm, but I have a hope that there will be ship kits that remove the two spears on either wing. I know some people will like this ascetic but to me it just seems pointless extra bulk. So here is hoping for a ship kit that will remove or mask the spears. Is this just me or do others feel the same? I would like to hear other opinions.

The original, 1984 Krait had those on its wing tips, they're essential, they're the best bit!! It's good for the ships to look different from one another, and when bringing back a classic design, it's great to have the key elements retained. Asp, Cobra, Viper, Adder - they all look like an updated version of the original, 1984 ship. As a player of that original game I'd be gutted if we lost the wing tips on the Krait.

So much hype!

Though from the teaser preview it showed same internals as pyton but with one less class 6 optional

So it won't quite replace python but certainly will be nice

The original, 1984 Krait had those on its wing tips, they're essential, they're the best bit!! It's good for the ships to look different from one another, and when bringing back a classic design, it's great to have the key elements retained. Asp, Cobra, Viper, Adder - they all look like an updated version of the original, 1984 ship. As a player of that original game I'd be gutted if we lost the wing tips on the Krait.

Yes, I saw the original Krait Mk 1 which I am guessing is the original you are talking about and I saw that it had wing tips but they were way different from what is on the current Krait model. The ones from the originals looked big enough to be hard points or something similar these are just pointy pieces of metal that serve no apparent function. I would be all for putting it back the way it was in the original but I just don't see the point in the pointy sticks on the ends of the wings. Same can be said for the underside of the anaconda what is up with spaceships and what seems to be random metal spears just poking out of them [wacky]. At least the Kraits appear to be symmetrical which doesn't completely kill my OCD XD. And the Kraits model is very different compared to all other ships I don't think anyone would mistake it for another ship even without the harpoon wings. And I am just hoping for a ship kit that will make this cosmetic change not to change the ship as a whole just to have options to remove them or replace them with other options.

I sold my Python a few days ago. Now I'm 2kly from the bubble and can't wait till reach a good shipyard. Will get a pair - one for multipurpose stuff and other one for exploration.

Bought one, transferred most of the modules from my Python over to the Krait, A-rated + engineered.

Hardpoint setup:
1x large gimballed beam laser, Efficient G5, Thermal Vent
2x Advanced Plasma Accelerator, Long Range G5 (for vastly increased shot speed, making it much easier to hit even small ships)
2x medium pulse laser turrets, Efficient G5, Scramble Spectrum + Emissive Munitions.

Enjoying mine so far.
Jumps 43Ly, and boosts 557m/s, which is decent for a the amount of stuff being carried. Also took it out Fuel Ratting, and rescued a client in her already.

uHYzph3.jpg

You can buy one with LYR discount at Pailes Enterprise, in 40 Ceti.

Last edited:
Top Bottom