The Most Unusual Destruction of my Ship

After completing a surface scan mission yesterday, I had to clear my fines. I find an Interstellar contact and off I go. I cruise into the zone, drop out of hypercruise, get within 7500km, request docking permission, and then let the auto docking computer do it's thing. No problem, right? WRONG! As my Viper MKIV is about to enter the station, a ship comes out of hypercruise and I'm directly in its path. It smashes into my ship, but my shields managed to save me... until my ship then tapped the side of the star port and exploded into "Game Over." I really wish I had recorded it because it was epic in so many ways. What about anybody else? Got stories of epic ship destruction to share?

I've got more of a stupid story than an epic one. I was going for a land on Elivira's base cos I needed some stuff on my Imperial Cutter engi'ed since I just got one, I had the ship angled vertical offset some to the base.. engaged the docking computer and it decided to boost and I watched as it tried to slow it self down but eventually it hit the base full speed.. bounced around the base like a pinball then exploded. Never put on a docking computer since.. I fear them. It was an embarrassing facepalm moment.

I had just bought my chieftain at Jameson and A rated it. Mind you I was on a trip out to Beagle when the expansion dropped so i was about a month late getting my hands on one. And i had spent months jumping around in a ASP while on my trip so i was rusty as hell at non-supercruise flight. Anyway i launch from the pad to go see what that bad boy could do, thrust up, then forward...hit the boost...and cream a ship as im leaving the mail slot losing my shields and causing the other ship to be destroyed, get wanted, and get vaporized by the cops immediately. So, i got back from a 3 month exploration trip, and quickly wind up in a detention center...facepalm, more like bash my head off my desk a few times.

Mine isn't as amazing as yall's. Running space trucker with full cargo, about 7 missions of stuffs in my Type 9. Interdicted, chaff and boost until the FSD cools down...Because I had so many missions, I had several "enemy alert" messages...As I'm boosting away, about 5 seconds from making it, a 2nd enemy (Anaconda...) warps in, RIGHT into me, takes out my shields left with the hit AND slowing me down... (Paper shields to run lol...) The guy behind me quickly catches up, bye bye hull, and the one that warped in finishes me off. :) Not a good day that day...

I've got more of a stupid story than an epic one. I was going for a land on Elivira's base cos I needed some stuff on my Imperial Cutter engi'ed since I just got one, I had the ship angled vertical offset some to the base.. engaged the docking computer and it decided to boost and I watched as it tried to slow it self down but eventually it hit the base full speed.. bounced around the base like a pinball then exploded. Never put on a docking computer since.. I fear them. It was an embarrassing facepalm moment.
No actually that worked as intended. It was trying to help you out by putting you out of your misery for buying an Imperial Ship. If it was a Federal Navy ship, might not have had that problem :^)

I jumped out of supercruise into a station once, and found my Cutter had been dropped INSIDE the metal framework for the ring around an Orbis station. You can imagine how that ended. Like a buzzcrash, but without the game crashing.

I've seen reports about the docking computer, but I've never had too much of an issue with it... at least nothing that cost me a ship. To be fair, I've only been playing about a month now, so I'm definitely late to the party. I've been bounced around inside a port once and bounced off the outside a couple times, but mostly it's just a stop and backup thing with my docking computer. Those 2 minute time limits for mission bonuses make it necessary for me to have a docking computer-- at least until I get the option to e-brake and countersteer. ��

I had just bought my chieftain at Jameson and A rated it. Mind you I was on a trip out to Beagle when the expansion dropped so i was about a month late getting my hands on one. And i had spent months jumping around in a ASP while on my trip so i was rusty as hell at non-supercruise flight. Anyway i launch from the pad to go see what that bad boy could do, thrust up, then forward...hit the boost...and cream a ship as im leaving the mail slot losing my shields and causing the other ship to be destroyed, get wanted, and get vaporized by the cops immediately. So, i got back from a 3 month exploration trip, and quickly wind up in a detention center...facepalm, more like bash my head off my desk a few times.

I can't tell you how many times I've done this exact thing. I blame it on Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon.

mine is incredibly embarrassing:x i went to deploy my landing gear on my Annie a few months back when i entered a star-port i waited until the last possible second being all cocky and not having any shield generator.... and i boosted instead................. straight into the back wall DOH !! bye bye Conda... hello rebuy ..

Top Bottom