The Neutron Fields - A Definitive Guide

I'm currently 1000ly above the edge of Floarps mx-u e2-1530 star field that Kancro spoke about. Brilliant work by the way and well done for putting in the many hours it must have taken you, some more rep for you.
I've tried to video the field from up here using shadow play and uploaded it, probably has poor replay quality, (U-Tube) but it gives us a two dimensional view of the massive area this dense field of stars must cover.

Edit: I should add I'm now making my way down towards it to check it out, 'I may be gone some time'.

Wow!!! This was beautiful!!! Really!!! Thank you soo much for sharing!!! You captured it sooo well!!! I was sooo immerse into the coordinates and the calculations of it all, that I never really stood up for a second to look into it with such detail and definition.

I knew I was inside it so pretty much looked the same in every direction but up or down. Here you are outside looking down to it. You must be then, if I'm correct, some 2,000 ly above the galactic plane -at work PC so cant check the system.

If my theory is right and you indeed come thru it, you should be able to see two stripes when crossing the inter-fields gap, near the galactic plane. One stripe would be the alpha -above- and the other the beta -below-.

I've been in the fields below the plane, before you get to Sag A*, and there's another field below and above the plane in SKAUDE sector. I like hunting black holes (because they are so cooooool!) and there are a lot of black holes in the lower reaches of most of the fields, too.

??? care to elaborate a bit please?? MACHOs?? like a bunch of manly masculine men? :S:p
Massive Astrophysical Compact Halo Objects.

Back in the 90s it was a popular theory to explain the mystery of the missing dark matter in the universe; in essence the theory states that there is a huge number of black holes/neutron stars/white dwarfs/brown dwarfs/rogue planets and other dark or dimly glowing objects around the edges of the galaxy (especially concentrated over the galactic core) and this explains the missing/unaccounted for matter.

The theory has since fallen out of favour for another theory called WIMPS (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles) which itself is now unpopular after results from the Large Hadron Collider failed to show any evidence of them.

Last edited:
Wow!!! This was beautiful!!! Really!!! Thank you soo much for sharing!!! You captured it sooo well!!! I was sooo immerse into the coordinates and the calculations of it all, that I never really stood up for a second to look into it with such detail and definition.

I knew I was inside it so pretty much looked the same in every direction but up or down. Here you are outside looking down to it. You must be then, if I'm correct, some 2,000 ly above the galactic plane -at work PC so cant check the system.

If my theory is right and you indeed come thru it, you should be able to see two stripes when crossing the inter-fields gap, near the galactic plane. One stripe would be the alpha -above- and the other the beta -below-.

Just to clarify, I took the video from 'Floarps zd-h a37-46' -900 -40 14690 looking down below the plane so I was about 1000ly above the field. There may well be another field (mirror image) above the plain, sadly I didn't think to look for it but if I get back up there I surely will.

Excellent work Kancro. I'm not going to elaborate on what has already been said here but lots of respect due. On my way to the galactic core and SagA as we speak and fully intend to explore the Neutron fields when I get there. This is VALUABLE data from all who collaborated explored and toiled over gal maps to get it so genuinely many many thanks.
Happy trails and safe journeys.

Back in the 90s it was a popular theory to explain the mystery of the missing dark matter in the universe; in essence the theory states that there is a huge number of black holes/neutron stars/white dwarfs/brown dwarfs/rogue planets and other dark or dimly glowing objects around the edges of the galaxy (especially concentrated over the galactic core) and this explains the missing/unaccounted for matter.

The theory has since fallen out of favour for another theory called WIMPS (Weakly Interacting Massive Particles) which itself is now unpopular after results from the Large Hadron Collider failed to show any evidence of them.

We always need to remember that in science only the ability to duplicate something is regarded as evidence, everything else is regarded as theory, so until they can prove these claims 'Dark Matter, WIMPS or whatever, its just a product of human imagination, which is a wonderful thing, but it's over used by the science community to explain the critical missing pieces of their particular jigsaw puzzle, but I suppose that helps get them government funding to continue research.

Thanks for clarifying!! Not everyone is so well versed in the universe! :p

I've been in the fields below the plane, before you get to Sag A*, and there's another field below and above the plane in SKAUDE sector. I like hunting black holes (because they are so cooooool!) and there are a lot of black holes in the lower reaches of most of the fields, too.
Will have to look up the SKAUDE Sector but this would be consistent with my findings. The fields start way before Sag A* -just not in line with it from SOL, you need to sway either right or left just a bit- and there are 2 above, and 2 below the plane.

Just to clarify, I took the video from 'Floarps zd-h a37-46' -900 -40 14690 looking down below the plane so I was about 1000ly above the field. There may well be another field (mirror image) above the plain, sadly I didn't think to look for it but if I get back up there I surely will.
Also consistent to research, you were then in the gap between above and below the plane fields. Yes, they mirror each other.

Excellent work Kancro. I'm not going to elaborate on what has already been said here but lots of respect due. On my way to the galactic core and SagA as we speak and fully intend to explore the Neutron fields when I get there. This is VALUABLE data from all who collaborated explored and toiled over gal maps to get it so genuinely many many thanks.
Happy trails and safe journeys.
Thank you CMDR!! Thinking on how to put all of this graphically, and give some points of reference so it is easily used by explorers!

So - does anyone know what this is?
Hmm, not yet. I think they might have been pointing out the exploit with that Power that pays 200% for data if you give them your first born child...or something like that.
Not having kids -or planning to- and being close enough to Elite, this is not very appealing for me at the moment so have no clue. Do share though, if you find it! :p

Wait, so there was / is an argument in the astrophysics community between MACHO and WIMPS? :p That's fantastic.

Great guide Kancro! Heading to one of the fields now (NF-EA), and I had no idea they started so close to Sol. I thought you had to get much closer to the core. I think I'll wander through before diving down to Sag A.

Got to say KV this guide is helping me a lot. Have been balls deep in neutron stars the last week (excuse the expression mods) and am a very happy Cdr. I am posting my own neutron navigations and analysis in my next log instalment
None could have been done without you or Dognosh so virtual repped all round.

Last edited:
Hi CMDR Vantas!!! I'm in the core now and have done some research to neutron fields too.
Initially i tought that there were 2 outer neutron rings (1100 above and below), roughly 11000 from sag, but going coreward i noticed that they are in continuity with the proper neutron fields. It's useless to make many different threads, this is the Definitive One!!!
I'm linking here my findings: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=173013 and the Norma Southern Gate POI in Map 10 of Erimus Galactic Map. If you find something interesting to add to your guide please use everything.

Especially I think i found an entry point 2000ly closer to Sol than the one you propose:
NORMA SOUTHERN GATE: EODGORSTS GO-F D12-37, White Dwarf, approx 11500 KLy from sol beetween the BLEAE AEWSY and the BLEAE AESCS nebulae. This POI is also suggested by Erimus in his Route to Sag, and the BLEAE AESCS Nebula is immersed in the fields too. From there You can go to the Western Upper Field. The Nearby BYUA AIM Sector is the denser Black Hole area that I've spotted, and there's another Nebula too that don't require any detour and can be visited while farming (ehm, researching).

My research suggests than the Neutron Fields have a 50/50 proportion between Neutron Stars and White Dwarves, while Black Holes are less frequent overall, except in few spot areas where they come in clusters of several dozens.
What i called Outer Neutron Rings might be the borders of the Neutron fields, but their density is inferior, and gets thicker the more you go coreward. Nevertheless even in the borders the non sequence stars are separated by at maximum by 15-20ly, so almost every ship can start their farm (ehm, research) from the Norma Southern Gate and go coreward jumping from a non sequence to another.

Last edited:
Hi CMDR Vantas!!! I'm in the core now and have done some research to neutron fields too.
Initially i tought that there were 2 outer neutron rings (1100 above and below), roughly 11000 from sag, but going coreward i noticed that they are in continuity with the proper neutron fields. It's useless to make many different threads, this is the Definitive One!!!
I'm linking here my findings: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=173013 and the Norma Southern Gate POI in Map 10 of Erimus Galactic Map. If you find something interesting to add to your guide please use everything.
Especially I think i found an entry point 2000ly closer to Sol than the one you propose:
NORMA SOUTHERN GATE: EODGORSTS GO-F D12-37, White Dwarf, approx 11500 KLy from sol beetween the BLEAE AEWSY and the BLEAE AESCS nebulae.
It's a White Dwarf, my research suggests than the Neutron Fields have a 50/50 proportion between Neutron Stars and White Dwarves, while Black Holes are less frequent overall, except in few spot areas where they come in clusters of several dozens.
What i called Outer Neutron Rings might be the borders of the Neutron fields, but their density is inferior, and gets thicker the more you go coreward. Nevertheless even in the borders the non sequence stars are separated by at maximum by 15-20ly, so almost every ship can start their farm (ehm, research) from the Norma Southern Gate and go coreward jumping from a non sequence to another.

Yeah, you can enter earlier, but is a very thin and fine stream of stars... as I said before, many ways to go about it...

Awesome information shared here.. cant't rep you more though! lol..

I wanted to avoid going 15k (yeah, yeah, lightweight here ;) ) so I tried the places mentioned at 5-6k out. The pickings were meagre.

Then at about 10k out, with "altitude" (middle map co-ordinate) at >1,000 you can go neutron star hopping almost all the way to the core. I went from late trailblazer to pioneer +90% just on the bask of this. Also some of the neutrons will conveniently have a KGB FOAM companion so you can keep your map set to 'grey' almost all the time.

There were times I backtracked because it looked like the 'neutron party' was over, but in fact the silk road continued maybe 60 Lys on (just zoom map out), or a little higher/lower.

Always check your system map - amazingly I found WW and ELW fairly often in neutron systems (mutant fish & chips anyone?), adding 60k to the rank-o-meter.

Hmm... just a thought... do the NFs coincide with the galactic bar, or are they more extensive?

If they do coincide, then they have a very good reason for existing.

(apologies for pointing this out if it's been pointed out before, but I've not seen it mentioned)

I am on my way to see some interesting planets and to farm some neutrons while at it. Anyone knows how many i have to farm to elite from 24% ranger?

Top Bottom