The new FSD Overcharge is a very nice addition, can we talk about Carrier Jump time now? :P

I would like him to address the camera and in his most serious delivery say - "It makes poop." :p
That would be priceless!

I like Dav, he looks like a geek, has great delivery, and apparently knows exactly how the machinations of ED can screw the game up, and, more importantly, how to fix it when it does! (mostly..)

Yeah it's sort of like saying in a regular RPG, well you made the horses run faster, now it's time to make dungeons load faster into memory, one is a software tweak, the other is a hardware limitation, don't get how people don't understand this!
So you know for sure that FDEV hasn't upgraded any of their systems in the last 5 years? Do you work there?
I'm always amazed when people show off information without any evidence or direct experience :eek:

So you know for sure that FDEV hasn't upgraded any of their systems in the last 5 years? Do you work there?
I'm always amazed when people show off information without any evidence or direct experience :eek:
It would be appreciated if you could address what they said and not what you think they said. They never said anything about Fdev's systems, they said there's a pretty damn obvious difference between going faster in supercruise and exponentially increasing the amount of work the servers will need to do in order to keep track of carriers.

First of all it's not their systems, it's Amazon's web servers and yeah, there hasn't been any major improvements in cloud tech for a decade. Which is roughly as long as they've been around. Maybe when they can afford to replace all the spinning rust server banks with SSDs there might be a change. 🤷‍♂️

First of all it's not their systems, it's Amazon's web servers and yeah, there hasn't been any major improvements in cloud tech for a decade. Which is roughly as long as they've been around. Maybe when they can afford to replace all the spinning rust server banks with SSDs there might be a change. 🤷‍♂️

And while we are at it we can also increase the speed of light so that the distribution of data across the entire world to take into account carrier jumps with multiple players from all over the world in the same system or even in the same carrier will actually see and experience the carrier arrive at the same time. While it may be an inconvenience for players in the same system to see carriers arrive 5 minutes apart from other players, players in the same carrier would of course be, well, slightly upset if they get left behind drifting in space in just a space suit 500ly back when the carrier jumps.

Unless the tech changes, Carrier jump times are probably not going to change unless they find a way to optimized whatever method they are using to do it. Outside looking in of course.

Top Bottom