The Odyssey Materials Exchange thread

I've got nine opinion polls and eight smear campaigns if folks need 'em. I'm in need of suit schematics.
I want to start upgrading a Dominator suit and need about 20 suit schems. Not been hunting for them recently, been concentrating on unlocking Terra. I want to concentrate on upgrading weapons. Got lots of mats, just need the unlocks.
Steve 07.

I want to start upgrading a Dominator suit and need about 20 suit schems. Not been hunting for them recently, been concentrating on unlocking Terra. I want to concentrate on upgrading weapons. Got lots of mats, just need the unlocks.
Steve 07.
Yeah, I've been focusing on farming the stuff for unlocks - which I'm more or less there or thereabouts. I've got Yarden unlocked, but now I need to do the combat zones and the heists now.

Yeah, I've been focusing on farming the stuff for unlocks - which I'm more or less there or thereabouts. I've got Yarden unlocked, but now I need to do the combat zones and the heists now.
The CZs are relatively easy and fairly quick. The covert heists and thefts are a different matter.

These covert missions tend to be time consuming (several hours each) and from my experience often end in failure, often through bad luck after spending an hour plus getting set up to disable the alarms and then grab the item. There have been numerous posts about the problems unlocking Terra with a bug around some missions not counting to the unlock when they should. Yesterday afternoon I completed the six, three heists and three thefts. No unlock. A seventh completed today (after possibly half a dozen failures). Ticket raised and a request to FDEV to unlock Terra made.

So, whether you want to wait for the covert heists and thefts issue to be resolved or be willing to bear the pain of an unsuccessful unlock is up to you. As I said, you are going to invest a lot of time, and energy, completing these missions only to feel deflated like so many before you.

Steve 07.

The CZs are relatively easy and fairly quick. The covert heists and thefts are a different matter.

These covert missions tend to be time consuming (several hours each) and from my experience often end in failure, often through bad luck after spending an hour plus getting set up to disable the alarms and then grab the item. There have been numerous posts about the problems unlocking Terra with a bug around some missions not counting to the unlock when they should. Yesterday afternoon I completed the six, three heists and three thefts. No unlock. A seventh completed today (after possibly half a dozen failures). Ticket raised and a request to FDEV to unlock Terra made.

So, whether you want to wait for the covert heists and thefts issue to be resolved or be willing to bear the pain of an unsuccessful unlock is up to you. As I said, you are going to invest a lot of time, and energy, completing these missions only to feel deflated like so many before you.

Steve 07.
Haha - based on Ydiss' stealth videos, looks like the covert heists only take about 60 seconds each! ;)

Yeah, I'll be diving into combat zones at some point this week, time permitting. The only weapons of note I have at the moment are plasma based which aren't great for CZs, so at some point need to trawl the gear sharing thread (I should anyways, my Tormentor is just a G2) and snag a Dominator suit with something nice included.

Steve 07.
Covert stuff ain't hard nor time consuming. Especially if you have noise suppressor on a kinetic weapon.

Find alarm. Kill guy next to it. Clone, turn off alarm.

Now nothing else matters so just run to the objective and kill anything in your way, then leave.

czs can take a lot longer because of the sheet number you have to kill.

Haha - based on Ydiss' stealth videos, looks like the covert heists only take about 60 seconds each! ;)
Only if you get scanned as soon as you land, don't stop and die.

I have watched his vids as well. What might not be clear is the time and activities required before looking for the person with the level 3 clearance.
Sketch the settlement layout.
Identify all buildings and their doors.
Locate charging points and battery stashes (outside ones preferably)
Locate terminals.
Identify guard patrol routes in the vicinity of doorways, terminals, charging points and battery stashes
Consider taking out guards who may present a danger to your activities once you have a cloned ID on you.
Take care on roof tops. I have encountered NPCs having a break on the roof of the building where the level 3 guy I wanted to scan was. He obliged by going to the roof!
Once the item is located, consider ditching the cloned ID as it might be possible to cut you way in to the target building. Once in and you kill the occupants, if necessary you can clone their ids.
Noise suppressed weapons a must. Quieter footsteps may help (neither of my suits have this mod).
And to conclude in the vein of the topic; it is very likely that the guards and workers will at some point be donating materials in the form of kinetic, laser and plasma rounds. Get your shield up quick and run. Very fast. Otherwise you will receive some unwanted materials.

Steve. 07 (referring to the number of successful missions without an unlock!)

Only if you get scanned as soon as you land, don't stop and die.

I have watched his vids as well. What might not be clear is the time and activities required before looking for the person with the level 3 clearance.
Sketch the settlement layout.
Identify all buildings and their doors.
Locate charging points and battery stashes (outside ones preferably)
Locate terminals.
Identify guard patrol routes in the vicinity of doorways, terminals, charging points and battery stashes
Consider taking out guards who may present a danger to your activities once you have a cloned ID on you.
Take care on roof tops. I have encountered NPCs having a break on the roof of the building where the level 3 guy I wanted to scan was. He obliged by going to the roof!
Once the item is located, consider ditching the cloned ID as it might be possible to cut you way in to the target building. Once in and you kill the occupants, if necessary you can clone their ids.
Noise suppressed weapons a must. Quieter footsteps may help (neither of my suits have this mod).
And to conclude in the vein of the topic; it is very likely that the guards and workers will at some point be donating materials in the form of kinetic, laser and plasma rounds. Get your shield up quick and run. Very fast. Otherwise you will receive some unwanted materials.

Steve. 07 (referring to the number of successful missions without an unlock!)
This is... way more complicated than you need, it's more fun this way for sure though.

There's no need to sketch a layout - you can see the layout on the way down in your ship.
Identifying buildings can mostly be done from your ship coming in to land as well - CMD buildings always have a Radar dish on top, and power buildings have a unique shape -those are the most important buildings. Most of the time the alarm is in there. Doors... are pretty easy to find, generally they point into the settlement, sometimes there's and outside door, pretty easy to wander round, or just do a quick look again in the ship as you come down and spot a way in.

Don't really need to identify chargin points and battery stashes, maverick suits carry two batteries, and the charging points show on your mini map, there's normally plenty to keep charged as you move about.

You only need on terminal, you'll probly find one pretty quick, they also show on your mini map.

You don't really need to know the full patrols of guards, just keep an eye on whats close by, and you only really need to make sure that first entrance to the alarm building isn't spotted. You don't need to consider any guards that might present a danger, generally you can just let them start scanning then shoot them in the face while they have no shields. If you get into actual trouble you probly did something a bit silly, but just kill them, you should have the alarm off by now anyway.

Don't bother scanning guys through windows, much easier to scan their corpse on the floor.

E-breach or cut the door you need to get to the alarm console.

Noise suppression is excellent yes. Without noise suppression, you wanna use your elecro zapper to kill the guy in the alarm console room, but it's pretty much the same.

That's a huge list though.

All you really need is a noise suppressed kinetic weapon, and to either spot the right building with the alarm console from your landing, or e-breach a terminal outside to locate it.

Just get to it, kill the person near it, and either e-breach the console or clone the guy you just killed.

It's very simple.

I suppose I take 'covert' to mean be a ninja and not a T-800 in a police station.

I am not very good or quick at the old murder/death/kill style which is why I play non shooty as much as I can. In extremis I will do my best, sometimes failing. My last mission I finished by killing half a dozen guards and workers in the vicinity if the locker with the objective in. Not what I was aiming for.

My murder stat is only 80, 51 guards and 29 citizens. About a third of the guards were from one successful mission doing imitation of Lee Harvey O.

Steve 07.

The problem with killing the guy in the alarm room is that you've immediately got a bounty on you (unless you're in an anarchy system) at which point one attempted scan by guards and you're finished.

The problem with killing the guy in the alarm room is that you've immediately got a bounty on you (unless you're in an anarchy system) at which point one attempted scan by guards and you're finished.
Only if getting scanned by guards is a problem, I often go into Covert missions with a bounty, carrying e-breaches.

When they start scanning you, shoot them in the head and carry on.

I suppose I take 'covert' to mean be a ninja and not a T-800 in a police station.

I am not very good or quick at the old murder/death/kill style which is why I play non shooty as much as I can. In extremis I will do my best, sometimes failing. My last mission I finished by killing half a dozen guards and workers in the vicinity if the locker with the objective in. Not what I was aiming for.

My murder stat is only 80, 51 guards and 29 citizens. About a third of the guards were from one successful mission doing imitation of Lee Harvey O.

Steve 07.
Here's a little run.

Kind of an easy settlement this one and I was barely trying so it's not very clean at all, I'll try and remember to record one of the tougher ones (which aren't really much tougher) next time I end up at one.

I have some stuff that I can trade for SDPs, such as smear campaign plans and genetic repair meds. I have other stuff that you may want, enquiries to etc.
Steve 07.

As my journey to unlock engineers comes to an end*, I know I will have items for unlocking spare. As I travel far and wide in future, what am I going to do when I come across unlocking items? I am going to pick up every item used for unlocking and post on this board.
If a CMDR is struggling to find the items for unlocks, then I will donate to them, no exchange expected.
If any CMDR has spare items now or sees them in the future and does not need the for trades or to give to others or does not want the hassle of posting, let me (or someone else in their part of the bubble that will do something similar) have them and I/we can post for other CMDRs to help them unlock engineers.
My part of the bubble is Njortamo.
Of course FDev may add data traders into Odyssey at some stage in the future, but I bet that the exchange rate (like Horizons) will likely be at least 6:1.

* The journey has only been made possible because other CMDRs have traded with me or donated items. I am very grateful to those that have helped. I cannot help those that have helped me, but I can help others.

Steve 07.

Steve 07.
Not the topic of this thread but just stick with Covert Heists, forget about Covert Thefts.

Without killing anyone and being cautious with the stealth and taking a "no-rush" attitude, I get Covert Heist missions done in 15-20 minutes on average from landing to take off. Bear in mind that 3 minutes of that is waiting for a container to open/close! Also depends on the area/situation - some I've completed in less than 10 minutes where situations have been 'ideal' and in my favour.

Sounds like you're being very, very VERY cautious and putting a great deal of effort into these. They do require effort, but a few hours is probably a bit too much.

If in doubt head over to The Definitive Stealth Guide and post your issues/current tactics there - there's always a sneaky CMDR lurking around to help you out.

Back to the topic at hand!

I've got:
10x Opinion Polls
8x Smear Campaigns
9x Financial Projections
12x Assorted Cat Media/Classic Entertainment/Multimedia

I need:
Suit schematics! (30 of 'em!)

Like Ubermick, I now have assorted left overs including 45 insight entertainment suites. If you are struggling to find the last couple if an item for an unlock, then send a PM.
Steve 07.

Top Bottom