The Official Explorers Photography Thread.

Praytell, what could this be ? . . .

15F16CAFD614CB04DF2A54B2B05EA703092B21CC

Last edited:
I am heading west along the edge of the central wall making my way to Colonia, hopefully before any aliens hear my music choices; waves after waves of B class stars...

sr3.jpg

They make great spotlights even at over 4kls...

ec1.jpg

And there are enough Neutron Stars to keep things moving along... like this beauty at the heart of a stellar remnant...

sr1.jpg

sr2.jpg

Good progress today but can I make the final 6 kylies before 2.4 drops and before things get risky out here?

Last edited:
Chris Foss inspired Spirograph expedition - day #1

Heading out

9FQtK19.png

Oooh, shiny!

h46pfuJ.png

Stopping off at the Witch Head Science Centre

MX1PDP4.png

rZbNZrA.png

Oooh, shiny!

bKWK08T.png

Finally!

ZMccWs9.png

Oh9NM3X.png

Planet #1 - 2.0g, gently does it!

Ei33uwf.png

Safely down

fEtFIaH.png

And off for a drive

JXKag5h.png

This place is spectacular!

IAX2UJ5.png

QOV6jHO.png

More tomorrow hopefully!

o7

Last edited:
At Rock Rats Reach

qv2BKIN.png

Normally, you'll find me somewhere in the fourth quadrant, usually the Scutum Arm. I also pop by the Sagittarius Arm now and then. This time, however, I found myself in the first quadrant. And since I was here already, I thought I'd take the chance to pay a visit to the Colonia region, specifically Rock Rats Reach. (Mind you, I had to take a little detour from my route along the Outer Arm for this, but it was worth it.)
Once safely landed, I repaired those 2% hull damage (from an embarrassing accident with my SRV fire button – which since has been remapped). And I also saw a small hill not too far away and of course, I had to drive there. (Flying would have been too easy, of course.) I remembered why I don't like to drive at 2g.
Now off back to the Outer Arm, and then outwards.

(Actually, does this still count as Explorer Photography?)

Mountain driving is fun... but you need to be dedicated. That flat piece of space to recall you ship...
This inspired me:

Let's drive up that mountain. Just need a landing spot.
1EpEOop.png
Here we are. Time to go!
vGO0xmi.png
Made the first step. Many more to follow.
TNe0zLB.png
This is getting really high. But nice view.
IcS7qze.png
Made it!
6UURYDp.png
And the top is quite flat – and that means …
gjilZep.png
No driving down! For some reason, flying over this terrain is much faster than driving.
ipighrE.png
I went up there. (The one in the back.) (After crossing the outlier in the front.)
9QoOwHF.png

"Earthlike Neutronstar" Passanger Mission - 14.500ly

5 days to wait for the 2.4 relese and so i do a quick Passanger Mission - "Earthlike Neutronstar" 14.500ly away from Sol.
;)

Day - 1
I reached my first waypoint on this journey 3.500ly from Sol and i going down to rest for the first night.

uzE8GjW.jpg

RKAbXNI.jpg

hAWkgHq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom