The Oswald-Eugene Counter

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Hi I have the game on PlayStation 5 and I am building a park on sandbox mode, however I am getting the message saying the counter is 100% full and asking me to remove items, is there any way I can remove this restriction as I don’t mind it not being backwards compatible
The restriction is specific to console type and generation. On the PS5 you have a greater limit than the PS4. It cannot be removed unfortunately as to do so would cause performance issues for even a PS5. However there are different things you can change about how you build to get more out of the game. Some things are more expensive than others. Coasters and tracked rides, paths are expensive. Flat rides and scenary are cheap. Some types of scenary are more expensive than others e.g. glass

I have made a park with a ton of flat rides and two wooden coasters. My meter is currently at 45. Just laying down scenery and tweeks to Lake View Park. Cannot believe I still have so much

I understand the need for the Oswald counter. Is it possible to add a percentage of the total counter used in the descriptions of the rides/shops? I know if you custom build tracks it will take more space than a pre-built ride. It would be helpful to know how much counter percentage they take before I install them.

Last edited:
Hi,
we are running Planet Coaster for PS4 on a Ps5—Console.
We have first created a Park on a PS 4 where the Eugène counter now stands at 99%. After transferring this to our Ps5 the counter remains at 99%.
Since the makers of the game said that on Ps5 we would have about 30% more capacity I am disappointed by this again. Is there no way to get a PS4 Park to the Ps5 with having more free capacity on the counter?

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hi,
we are running Planet Coaster for PS4 on a Ps5—Console.
We have first created a Park on a PS 4 where the Eugène counter now stands at 99%. After transferring this to our Ps5 the counter remains at 99%.
Since the makers of the game said that on Ps5 we would have about 30% more capacity I am disappointed by this again. Is there no way to get a PS4 Park to the Ps5 with having more free capacity on the counter?
Hi Tony,

You should have more capacity when building in the PlayStation 5 version of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, so it's strange that the same park took up equal amount of space on the Counter. It's likely just a visual bug. Were you able to build and add new items to your park after you'd downloaded it?

I would report this via our Issue Tracker, just to be safe: https://issues.frontierstore.net/

Hi Tony,

You should have more capacity when building in the PlayStation 5 version of Planet Coaster: Console Edition, so it's strange that the same park took up equal amount of space on the Counter. It's likely just a visual bug. Were you able to build and add new items to your park after you'd downloaded it?

I would report this via our Issue Tracker, just to be safe: https://issues.frontierstore.net/
I just tested this.
Without any changes to the park the counter is still at 99% on Ps5, the same as on ps4.
I am able to add one more item to the park e.g. the castle. This will make the counter reach 100% with the result that no more items can be added.
I am going to take this to the issue Tracker.
Thank you.

I play on PS4 Pro, and this park uses 81% of the counter. It has a lot of shops and attractions, and has an overall rating of around 4300 stars. The oswald eugene counter hasn't gotten in the way for me personally, but announcing a limit of items meer hours before the game releases is not a good bisnuess practice

bc947869-cf70-4ae1-aeef-c7a629c346da.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom