The Pomeche Ridge Challenge: a standing SRV time trial in association with the Buckyball Racing Club

The problem is I like the idea of BuckyBalling, it's just [where is it]
Do you need to someone to give out the oranges for half-time?

CMDR: Stinja
SRV: (cannot enter names on PS4)
Runs:
Blue = DNF
Red = DNF
Black = DNF
Platform = PS4

Then I seem to get a bug, where I could not deploy any more SRVs. So yeah, didn't go well at all.

Bad luck. Don't give up tho ... I've lost count of how many times I've been off the ridge and down to the bottom of the canyons, on both sides. If at first you don't succeed, try try ag... oh .... can't deploy more SRVs? OK, that's a problem.

Have you checked to see if your planetary vehicle bay is powered up in modules? I find mine powers itself off sometimes.

P.S. the SRV naming thing is just a bit of fun - we can't name SRVs on PC either.

Last edited:
So finally (FINALLY!!!) got around to this :D

Don't think the leader board is going to feel particularly threatened though! After many crashes and several "so nearly there..." moments, only to fall off the side, took it a little easier and actually managed to at least finish the damn thing.... Anyhoo - here's my finish lines - CMDR Sinister Hedgehog in the SRV "Wilma Cargo"

Start
fT3L5Vr.jpg

First flag
54LDyDl.png

Second flag
eh9XIUu.png

Final flag
ZWjrvtc.png

Now to try and improve... :cool:

Last edited:
So finally (FINALLY!!!) got around to this :D

Don't think the leader board is going to feel particularly threatened though! After many crashes and several "so nearly there..." momenta, only to fall off the side, took it a little easier and actually managed to at least finish the damn thing.... Anyhoo - here's much finish lines - CMDR Sinister Hedgehog in the SRV "Wilma Cargo"

Start

First flag

Second flag

Final flag

Now to try and improve... :cool:
Awesome, bravo on completing the full set! Scoreboard update tomorrow.

Uhm....ok.

Let's do this.

Love it ... epic screenshot ... full of intent!

Rocks have disappeared from a lot of steep & icy sections of planets. As far as I can tell, it seems to be intentional.

It looked unnaturally smooth over there indeed. Also the ice shader, even if not that amazeballs stuff they showed once, looks better than how I remembered it. I've been away since the Mt. Teide event more or less, still getting used to all the novelties. Anyway...

...this was good...

pTYwqb2.jpg

...this was very good...

EUxbfbz.jpg

...this was not good.

GpCV6CK.jpg

Oh well, at least I have something for the Blue Run. :)

Thank you <-lightspeed-> for lighting up the way!

Last edited:
oh .... can't deploy more SRVs? OK, that's a problem.

Have you checked to see if your planetary vehicle bay is powered up in modules? I find mine powers itself off sometimes.
I definitely did not power it down myself, but the symptoms match.
Maybe the bug is modules de-powering, as my fuelscoop and thrusters (fortunately while landed) have also powered themselves down when I was testing stuff.

I've completed a Blue and Red run, but they weren't good... Started another set tonight, but I keep being interrupted by Fuel Rat cases, then it's fly back to Pomeche, find 13, -60, start a run / another case / fly back to Pomeche etc <sigh> Makes me want to create an alt account, and park it there to drop on.

Last edited:
Today sees the first Pomeche Ridge Challenge scoreboard update of 3305 and two new entrants.

B1SYWtw.png

First we have a new face on the Buckyball racing scene as Cmdr Sinister Hedgehog manages to get his SRV "Wilma Cargo" all the way to the Black finish line, coming 20th on the Blue run with a time of 18:11, 17th on the Red run with a time of 41:20 and 14th on the Black run with a time of 1:02:09. Although there's plenty of room for improvement those are good times for a first submission and bravo on getting all the way to the end!

And then we have our first submission from long time Buckyballer Cmdr Aken B. who's stormed straight into the Blue run top 10, overtaking Tannik Seldon by just 14 seconds to take 6th place with an excellent time of 9:22.

Still no sign of PrimetimeCasual's submission and meanwhile Cmdr Turkwinif remains the ridge champion in all three categories with yours truly, Jonas Treesong, Timmy Brabston and Tannik Seldon all hanging on to their 3304 podium places.

Roll up roll up roll up ... the surface remains rock free and there's still plenty of room at the bottom of the canyons for more SRV wrecks so come on down and join in the fun!

i'm guessing that this doesn't count as crossing the finish line for the Blue Run [where is it] Slight over shoot led to uncoverable descent

jRJRu1m.jpg

no it doesn't! get out there and try again - someone has got to take that coverted midtable spot!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to abandon this for now :( The stuttering / micro-pauses and freezes (some over 1 minute long) are just making it impossible. The clock keeps running, so a run can get 2+ minutes added on, let along control issues.

With DW2 starting, unless FDev fix it early this week, i don't see any chance of getting a time in before, well significantly later.

Finally, after much anticipation, Cmdr PrimetimeCasual makes his entry onto the Ridge Challenge scoreboard driving an SRV appropriately named "Perseverance".

G83C9lV.png

Seemingly in direct competition with Cmdrs Darplata94 and Hawkus Alpha, he managed a top-10 Blue run, finishing 9th with a time of 11:58, a top-10 Red run, finishing 7th with a time of 26:39 and a top-10 Black run, finishing 8th with a time of 40:39. Hopefully he'll get one more chance to improve on those before he sets off on DW2 but in the meantime, congratulations sir - excellent times!

What's goin on here? They pushed me out of the top 10! Looks like I should get back onto the ridge. I only wish all that mining income could buy me some SRV upgrades ;-)

The stuttering / micro-pauses and freezes (some over 1 minute long) are just making it impossible. The clock keeps running, so a run can get 2+ minutes added on, let along control issues.

But not before this gets fixed :-(

I'm going to have to abandon this for now :( The stuttering / micro-pauses and freezes (some over 1 minute long) are just making it impossible. The clock keeps running, so a run can get 2+ minutes added on, let along control issues.

With DW2 starting, unless FDev fix it early this week, i don't see any chance of getting a time in before, well significantly later.

Damn, that's a real bummer Stinja! :( Oh well, the ridge challenge will hopefully still be here in a years time. Who knows, perhaps someone will even have managed to beat Turkwinif by then!

(P.S. sorry I missed your post yesterday)

Last edited:
OK, own up - who crashed into the start line beacon I carefully placed there?

1CDexTQ.png

Now we're going to have to go back to navigating to 13°,-60° the old fashioned way!

Top Bottom