Newcomer / Intro The Python - beware slick salesmen

On the other hand, I need dedicated pve ship so I g5'd Krait mk2 all the way few days ago. Beams and mc's, mats collecting ship, usual pve setup but fully engineered.
Went to cg to try it, low cz. After 20min i was so annoyed with Krait that I went to my super-secret secret base and stripped it completly. I don't like it. Period.
As soon as I stripped Krait, I went to Jameson, bought good ol' Chieftain.
Engineered it, put all OC mc's on it, "Ride of the Valkyries" style. I love it. Can do 2 low cz's without rearming.

Didn't sold it yet due to some engineered moduls left on it but don't see myself flying it in near future.

But I will never call it a bad or obsolete ship. Many people use Krait mk2 as their go to ship. They do bgs, pve, pvp, ax, etc. in them and enjoy it.

On the other hand, I need dedicated pve ship so I g5'd Krait mk2 all the way few days ago. Beams and mc's, mats collecting ship, usual pve setup but fully engineered.
Went to cg to try it, low cz. After 20min i was so annoyed with Krait that I went to my super-secret secret base and stripped it completly. I don't like it. Period.
As soon as I stripped Krait, I went to Jameson, bought good ol' Chieftain.
Engineered it, put all OC mc's on it, "Ride of the Valkyries" style. I love it. Can do 2 low cz's without rearming.

Didn't sold it yet due to some engineered moduls left on it but don't see myself flying it in near future.

But I will never call it a bad or obsolete ship. Many people use Krait mk2 as their go to ship. They do bgs, pve, pvp, ax, etc. in them and enjoy it.
I realise that this is beside the point of the thread, and I am not trolling, but what was it that annoyed you about the Krait? I love mine, it's my go to combat ship and working on Deadly in it. I'm more effective in it than in anything else! Although have to say I also love the Chieftan, you can't go wrong there and it's much more interesting than the Krait.

I realise that this is beside the point of the thread, and I am not trolling, but what was it that annoyed you about the Krait? I love mine, it's my go to combat ship and working on Deadly in it. I'm more effective in it than in anything else! Although have to say I also love the Chieftan, you can't go wrong there and it's much more interesting than the Krait.
Can't put my finger on it... It's like I went to low cz in g5'd Krait mk2. Pve seal-clubbing, right?!
Well, I needed to work hard that cz.
I was like, c'mon, what's wrong here? I should be finished, not fighting for survival. Low cz, g5'd medium ship?!
Annoyed , went to buy Chieftain, swapped most modules from Krait, engineered rest, went back all angry on that low cz, all OC mc's and killed 'em all without losing 1 ring. I had time on targets all the time.
In Krait I was struggling. Both builds gimballed.
So it's with my flying i guess.
Maybe Krait needs more involvement and understanding from my part(aka better pilot skills) than Chieftain.

But we went off topic, sorry.

The point was OP needs to find his meta ships and builds, not just trust forums and YT videos. What can work for one, doesn't have to work for the other for same results.
That's why my example with Krait.
Thousands of cmdrs thrive in Krait mk2, but I just can't get comfortable in it.
Not almost a year ago when I started ED(that Krait gathers dust in Colonia), not now with this one.
So I have 2 Krait mk2 paperweights 😁

Just realized something.
Mates have good ship.
I have same. Try to copy theirs. Not working.
2 things made a difference. G5 eng is not always the same outcome, even today. And a slight difference in a module or two.
I think I mentioned that I can do in an Anaconda with my python but tried to copy it and the outcome was different.

Just realized something.
Mates have good ship.
I have same. Try to copy theirs. Not working.
2 things made a difference. G5 eng is not always the same outcome, even today. And a slight difference in a module or two.
I think I mentioned that I can do in an Anaconda with my python but tried to copy it and the outcome was different.
With the same experimental on the same blue print engineering will give the same result at each grade level as long as that grade is at maximum, the effectiveness of that module could be different on different types of ships depending on what sort of module it was.

If your mates have been playing from before engineering changed then they might have a module engineered under the old system which would have slightly different properties than one produced now.

I have 4 Pythons , no kraits. Once fully engineered it is a good ship . This ship got me all my ranks and all my credits to buy all my ships and FC . But i dont like the Kraits the Anaconda or the DBX , it is very subjective . It is the best multi role ship that can land anywhere . The difference between the Kraits are only slight , a bit better here a bit worse there . My only issue is the seat placement on the Python . But this is only my opinion .

My only issue is the seat placement on the Python
I've always found this to be an interesting point. Numerous CMDRs have raised it. I guess maybe I'm just of the mind that different ships have different seating arrangements. I never really give it a second thought. I just go with it and I find that it never really bugs me.

I've always found this to be an interesting point. Numerous CMDRs have raised it. I guess maybe I'm just of the mind that different ships have different seating arrangements. I never really give it a second thought. I just go with it and I find that it never really bugs me.
It was my only downside of my fav ship that i could think of ;)0 . Many of the ships are either left hand or right hand drive , i just find it odd that in 3300's that we still carry with that outdated idea .

Top Bottom