The road to 3000

Attachments

• Screenshot_2712.jpg
    Screenshot_2712.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 96
So, I'm not the only one who keeps 'em numbered then! hehee
I actually started after seeing this thread (as well as Ammonia Worlds).

I have to ask, is finding ELW's still exciting for you? I know when I filter for A and F stars and find an ELW I think "finally" instead of "wow" like when flying unfiltered.

I actually started after seeing this thread (as well as Ammonia Worlds).

I have to ask, is finding ELW's still exciting for you? I know when I filter for A and F stars and find an ELW I think "finally" instead of "wow" like when flying unfiltered.
Oh yeah, still enjoy it...maybe not as much as 4 years ago...(I thank the FSS for that) I actually like being out on the edge of the galaxy and hunting there, the hit rate is barely half of hunting in the core, but to me more satisfying finding those that got skipped over by other CMDRs.

So, I'm not the only one who keeps 'em numbered then! hehee

Nop, you're not. I have a spread sheet with all my ELW's. I am at #495 and just crossed the 7,000th system in 'my' +13K system d-mass sector here in the Colonia region. So far the ratio is 1:65.

Yesterday I went down in the more dense region of that sector, where I have not yet scanned much, and I could not get any route to work. I wonder what that was.

I just figured it out. I do it the other way around. Add the systems I have not visited as visited to the directory and filter the systems by Visited. Then I only see the systems of the sector I am interested in. Off I go and scan away.lol

Then how do you keep track of the systems you have visited? I'm trying to figure this out for my own sector survey.

So I generate the sector I’m interested in and put that with my visited stars and it displays all of the systems in that sector as “visited” in the game. But once I actually visit one of the systems, how do I know which systems haven’t been visited in the sector?

You enter the cube you want to search, then check "isolate cube" then check parent, and children boxes and click generate. This will make a .txt with everything BUT what you want to search. Drop this file into the folder that holds your visited stars cache, and restart game and let it do it's thing. Be patient...depending on where you are searching...it could be a half million entries. after it's finished and you filter for unvisiteds, they should be all that shows up...as you search, each new system will turn visited as normally in the game.

It is ALOT faster than when I started doing it manually...many thanks to MPFJ!

edit If you are searching an uppermost D cube in a sector right below the galactic plan...you might want to also check the "A" cube option as well

I'll be on pretty much solid for the next 3-4 days (freezing temps) so if you have any questions, just message me in game if you want!

Attachments

• sectorlister.JPG
    sectorlister.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
You enter the cube you want to search, then check "isolate cube" then check parent, and children boxes and click generate. This will make a .txt with everything BUT what you want to search. Drop this file into the folder that holds your visited stars cache, and restart game and let it do it's thing. Be patient...depending on where you are searching...it could be a half million entries. after it's finished and you filter for unvisiteds, they should be all that shows up...as you search, each new system will turn visited as normally in the game.
Ok, thanks, I figured it out. I just estimated the sizes of the child sectors and figured out the sizes of the parent sectors.

So....after all the smoke cleared, and I finally got around to doing all my admin...Finally broke 3000 ELW discoveries. The actual system wound up being TRAILUE LS-B D13-7.

Back in the ZUNOU sector now, currently finishing up the NN-B cube ....with a bit over 8000 systems searched so far...I have found 180, for a hit rate of 1 in 45. With 3400 still to search, should be 76 more left to discover.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3003.jpg
    Screenshot_3003.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom