General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here's the funny thing. If the entire world locked down for 3 weeks when we could smell the poo flying to the fan, we coulda pretended everyone had a nice holiday the thing would probably be under control now, and we'd be back to sacrificing our lives to Mammon. Silly gits breaking orders not withstanding (but we could've shot those guys on sight to send the message to the rest ;)). I blame the High Priests of Mammon for this.

As part of my job, I've had to deal with some of this. I can tell you, I know of one man in his thirties, did triathlons, cycled, fit as a flea. He got it, he died. I spoke to a 92 year old lady, she got it and survived. There is something more going on here than age or fitness.
Hypersensitivity to the virus perhaps ? :unsure:

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

That's the problem, everyone acting as if things are normal when we have no idea what the future holds....I'm thinking of getting hazmat suits.
A giant banquet on a table 500 meters long, covered with a white tablecloth, installed on Charles Bridge in the Czech capital: this is how the people of Prague were invited to celebrate this Tuesday, June 30, the lifting of most of the measures put in place against the new coronavirus.

"We want to celebrate the end of the coronavirus crisis by bringing together people who show that they are no longer afraid to meet each other, to accept a bite of the sandwich from their neighbor," said Ondrej Kobza, organizer of the event.

🤨

Prague.jpg

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

It is the constant worry about the economy that is doing my head in. They seem perfectly happy that some people will die because the economy has to be helped. The economy is supposed to be a tool to improve people’s lives, not some God in the sky you make sacrifices to.
In France, President Macron asked all the companies in the country to stock masks for ten weeks, in anticipation of the second wave

It is indicative of a state of mind.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Unfortunately in capitalism people's lives are tools to improve the economy, specifically to be utilised to enrich the elites. (Sorry for the politics mr/mrs/miss/ms mod. )
When we can get an replicator to make stuff we need, then we will have true freedom, until then communism or capitalism are just the same thing with a different label, made to control and suppress.
Divide and conquer... remember that one?

When we can get an replicator to make stuff we need, then we will have true freedom, until then communism or capitalism are just the same thing with a different label, made to control and suppress.
Divide and conquer... remember that one?

I must admit my conspiracy theory side is thinking there's a Palpatine somewhere saying "excellent".....when viewing the crud show of what mankind is doing.

Here's the funny thing. If the entire world locked down for 3 weeks when we could smell the poo flying to the fan, we coulda pretended everyone had a nice holiday the thing would probably be under control now, and we'd be back to sacrificing our lives to Mammon. Silly gits breaking orders not withstanding (but we could've shot those guys on sight to send the message to the rest ;)). I blame the High Priests of Mammon for this.

Yep.

In the same way it would also be "easy to eradicate" other infectious diseases in theory.
Like isolating HIV positives away from society, and only allowing congress within that group.

"There is no difference between theory and practice.... In theory." - Yogi Berra

The US has bought the entire supply of Remdesivir 🤣 - a drug that does not change mortality, but may shorten the disease by a day, or so. This cost billions. I'm sorry, but I must LOL. They can park it next to the Hydroxychloroquine stockpile. Boy did Gilead squeak by not having that useless pile of crap expire.
( Oh, The hilariousness of trying to grab everything for yourself only to discover that you have ALL the glass beads, glitter and feathers! And now, you are broke.)

We can get better results from the non-prescription drugstore:

And it won't cost 3000$ per 5 day course.

Last edited:

View attachment 179715

Sure, let them have their parties. Make them sign a waiver that states they accept responsibility for their actions and that they understand no treatment will be given.

I feel the same way about drug gangs and football hooligans. You want to duke it out? Sure.
Let them use a football stadium, lock them in , turn the cameras on (pay per view, money goes to worthy cause). When it’s all over, let those that can walk out do so, no treatment, the rest? Scrape them up and stick them in a landfill.

Evolution isn’t getting rid of enough morons and we’re constantly stepping in to make sure it doesn’t. Reverse that trend.

Yep.

In the same way it would also be "easy to eradicate" other infectious diseases in theory.
Like isolating HIV positives away from society, and only allowing congress within that group.

"There is no difference between theory and practice.... In theory." - Yogi Berra

The US has bought the entire supply of Remdesivir 🤣 - a drug that does not change mortality, but may shorten the disease by a day, or so. This cost billions. I'm sorry, but I must LOL. They can park it next to the Hydroxychloroquine stockpile. Boy did Gilead squeak by not having that useless pile of crap expire.
( Oh, The hilariousness of trying to grab everything for yourself only to discover that you have ALL the glass beads, glitter and feathers! And now, you are broke.)

We can get better results from the non-prescription drugstore:

And it won't cost 3000$ per 5 day course.

The US buying the entire supply of Remdesivir whist utterly pointless is an extremely selfish thing to do. Apart from dying inexplicably well from this virus, the UK has excelled by identifying for the world two treatments that actually work.

The UK has banned exports of the drugs we have identified but told everyone about them. I sort of hope if a UK vaccine is the first to work the US is last to get it after that 'Remdesivir' move. I don't want anyone to suffer though. Such a move....

Sure, let them have their parties. Make them sign a waiver that states they accept responsibility for their actions and that they understand no treatment will be given.

I feel the same way about drug gangs and football hooligans. You want to duke it out? Sure.
Let them use a football stadium, lock them in , turn the cameras on (pay per view, money goes to worthy cause). When it’s all over, let those that can walk out do so, no treatment, the rest? Scrape them up and stick them in a landfill.

Evolution isn’t getting rid of enough morons and we’re constantly stepping in to make sure it doesn’t. Reverse that trend.

I do think natural selection is working just fine, if a bit too slowly.
https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain?r...-coronavirus-trump_n_5efe1df1c5b6ca97091b131e
Herman Cain Hospitalized For COVID-19 Hours After Condemning Masks

If you condemn masks, why should you turn up in hospital after you get sick because you didn't wear one, and demand an oxygen mask?
For the irony? 🙄

And let's have some more pretend ignorance:
Cain’s positive June 29 test came just over a week after he appeared at Donald Trump’s indoor campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Cain’s team said in a statement they are unsure how or where he contracted the virus.

Rut-Ro. Not a clue. 🤷‍♂️ Let's ask Velma, Scoob.

(Also, Cain has a team? Wut? )
Who's on this team? Well it turns out it's the "well-known epidemiologist" Lisa Lisa, from Cult Jam. 🤩🤩😍😘

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Iq8JmmfxY

You can't make it up. Quick, men, the Remdesivir!

I sort of hope if a UK vaccine is the first to work the US is last to get it after that 'Remdesivir' move. I don't want anyone to suffer though. Such a move....

Don't worry. You can't lose. They being run by Minions without a Criminal Mastermind.

Last edited:
It is the constant worry about the economy that is doing my head in. They seem perfectly happy that some people will die because the economy has to be helped. The economy is supposed to be a tool to improve people’s lives, not some God in the sky you make sacrifices to.

It is a balancing act. All the things we take for granted depend on the economy; A political party that is primarily financially conservative (the Tories) are doing things the hard left would have considered a push, paying people a full wage to sit at home.

If the economy is destroyed then we can't pay for anyone to do anything, no money for NHS staff, no money for Key Workers, no money for you to pay for your broadband; moaning about people that care about the economy.

The US buying the entire supply of Remdesivir whist utterly pointless is an extremely selfish thing to do. Apart from dying inexplicably well from this virus, the UK has excelled by identifying for the world two treatments that actually work.

The UK has banned exports of the drugs we have identified but told everyone about them. I sort of hope if a UK vaccine is the first to work the US is last to get it after that 'Remdesivir' move. I don't want anyone to suffer though. Such a move....
If a vaccine is found, whatever the country, this vaccine should be a common good, a good for the humanity.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

It is a balancing act. All the things we take for granted depend on the economy; A political party that is primarily financially conservative (the Tories) are doing things the hard left would have considered a push, paying people a full wage to sit at home.

If the economy is destroyed then we can't pay for anyone to do anything, no money for NHS staff, no money for Key Workers, no money for you to pay for your broadband; moaning about people that care about the economy.

Just think about the economy for a minute, this vital thing we have constructed, that not only do our lives depend on but we're willing to sacrifice some to keep it going. Be that war (good for the economy), making people redundant to increase shareholder dividends (good for the economy) to taking risks by relaxing social distancing so people can go back to work (vital for the economy). The economy that we depend on, that we're willing to sacrifice for, is all about confidence. Confidence is good, the economy is up. Confidence is low, economy is down. This vital organ to our survival is based on an feeling. In the 21st century, the best idea we have is that. It would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous and pathetic.

We need a better idea. Don't ask me what that is but I'll suggest one that is based on something more solid than a feeling. At some point, and we just had a tiny, tiny glimpse of it, money is not going to matter. We will not be able to buy our way out of the troubles we are facing. Money is like a religion, people are willing to do anything in its name. It has profits instead of prophets. And the only reason money works is that you have to have faith in it. Money is made up. They print it. It only works because you believe in it, This is no way to run a society. Again, I'm not clever enough to come up with an alternative but I'm smart enough to know this system isn't sustainable. In the last 10 years, each year, I've paid more money in tax in the UK than Facebook did. The economy is wildly out of shape. It does't need help or saving, it wants burning down and a new model built,

Keep your left and right, in the end they're all the same. They promise you everything, give you nothing and take it away before you get it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom