General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You don't understand unfortunately. You are off topic.

I make the link in my post between a person who refuses to meet an unvaccinated person and who does not have the virus.

Fortunately in the UK they are only 28% to be sectarian and intolerant and blinded by vaccine fanaticism.

😷
That's not how vaccines and viruses work Patrick.

No connection to what I said.

😷
There is really. If you are vaccinated you’re not at much risk from someone that isn’t. So you’re less likely to be worried about getting jiggy with someone that’s not had a vaccine. Since nearly all adults are vaccinated already it’s not likely to worry many people.

A group of us met up in person for the first time in over a year. All of us had two shots, and waited out the two weeks after the second shot.

It was great to be able to meet my friends again. But, all of us still take precautions, and wear masks as required. It's a bit frustrating, but it's better than the fear of getting infected before vaccination.

The variants are the real fear for us. No one knows what comes next.

Have not been to work for days, all our cases are shifted to public care.

Point Fortin is commandeered for Covid, so all their work is shifted to the same hospital. Oil Company Augustus Long hospital also full of Covid. All regular work moved to public hospital.
They are trying to serve 750,000 people in one place: San Fernando General.

Obviously, it can't work.
There are no ambulances available. You can't drive out without police permission. Curfew. Medical emergencies are now strapped behind a red tape wall.
Hospital is grossly overbooked and won't take cases. Triaging in a tent outside in parking lot. By "triage" I mean they are doing Covid ID, and moving those out to Point Fortin so as not to infect the already full buildings.

Forget beds.
If you get a gurney outside in the tent, you are doing better than most now.
But we technically have 2 services operational: a Covid service that is overloaded, taking up half our medical resources, and a regular parallel service on its knees.

My position in the private hospital unit allows me the power to override the limits and admit cases as I deem safe. But we cannot get tests. So if I want the nurses to ever talk to me again nobody gets admitted to our place.
" So and so wants to come in. You aren't going to admit the case, are you?" is how callouts sound now. Directorate wants the money. Nurses want to live.

I'm not going to kill off my nurses.

Have not been to work for days, all our cases are shifted to public care.

Point Fortin is commandeered for Covid, so all their work is shifted to the same hospital. Oil Company Augustus Long hospital also full of Covid. All regular work moved to public hospital.
They are trying to serve 750,000 people in one place: San Fernando General.

Obviously, it can't work.
There are no ambulances available. You can't drive out without police permission. Curfew. Medical emergencies are now strapped behind a red tape wall.
Hospital is grossly overbooked and won't take cases. Triaging in a tent outside in parking lot. By "triage" I mean they are doing Covid ID, and moving those out to Point Fortin so as not to infect the already full buildings.

Forget beds.
If you get a gurney outside in the tent, you are doing better than most now.
But we technically have 2 services operational: a Covid service that is overloaded, taking up half our medical resources, and a regular parallel service on its knees.

My position in the private hospital unit allows me the power to override the limits and admit cases as I deem safe. But we cannot get tests. So if I want the nurses to ever talk to me again nobody gets admitted to our place.
" So and so wants to come in. You aren't going to admit the case, are you?" is how callouts sound now. Directorate wants the money. Nurses want to live.

I'm not going to kill off my nurses.
The lock-down should reduce the normal case intake. hopefully.

Significant breakthrough:

Old mice acutely infected with pathogens that included a SARS-CoV-2-related mouse β-coronavirus experienced increased senescence and inflammation with nearly 100% mortality. Targeting SnCs using senolytic drugs before or after pathogen exposure significantly reduced mortality, cellular senescence, and inflammatory markers and increased anti-viral antibodies. Thus, reducing the SnC burden in diseased or aged individuals should enhance resilience and reduce mortality following viral infection, including SARS-CoV-2.

This coincides with the James Kirkland hypothesis that Covid accelerates the ageing process in infected tissues, much like chemo does. There are a wide range of senolytic medicines that could be tried in humans, Kirkland has them in Phase 2 trials.

we tested Fisetin, a natural flavonoid found in many fruits and vegetables (39, 40) that we established as senolytic
...mice were treated with a single round of high dose Fisetin (20 mg/kg/day for two consecutive days beginning three days prior to NME exposure), followed by low dose Fisetin following infection (fig. S11A). This suppressed mortality in both male and female mice by 40%

No side effects.
Natural compound.
No patent.
Just 2 doses.
Similar to cyanadin-3-glycoside structurally.

Best yet:
our preclinical data suggest that senolytics could improve the response of the elderly to vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 and others.

Last edited:
There is really. If you are vaccinated you’re not at much risk from someone that isn’t. So you’re less likely to be worried about getting jiggy with someone that’s not had a vaccine. Since nearly all adults are vaccinated already it’s not likely to worry many people.
Precisely in this case it is strange that 28% of fanatics would refuse to meet an unvaccinated person who does not have the virus.

Frankly I'm not vaccinated as I live in a quiet place and that I do not have any commorbidities which are the main target of the virus for severe and fatal cases.

But I don't trust a vaccinated person more because even vaccinated you can have covid, be contagious and also be vulnerable to the variant.

I don’t trust a vaccinated person any more than an unvaccinated person who doesn’t have the virus.

For my part I refuse to shake hands or kiss a vaccinated person without seeing a negative PCR or antigen test before.

It is also a behaviour recommended by health authorities, which is revealing.

And this is also what France does for vaccinated British visitors who must also present a negative PCR test to cross the border.

In conclusion, no trust for the vaccinated people because like the others they are a potential nest for microbes.

😷

Last edited:
From Reddit:

So being Vaccinated is now a dating trait?​

Lol i opened bumble for the first time in a a few months and now i see girls stating they’ll only date vaccinated men

Looks like the girls are totally cool with that Pat.
y8sexyZt.jpg

( Finally I have some kind of advantage when I'm old, grey, creaky and out of the game. :LOL: )

Last edited:
Precisely in this case it is strange that 28% of fanatics would refuse to meet an unvaccinated person who does not have the virus.

Frankly I'm not vaccinated as I live in a quiet place and that I do not have any commorbidities which are the main target of the virus for severe and fatal cases.

But I don't trust a vaccinated person more because even vaccinated you can have covid, be contagious and also be vulnerable to the variant.

I don’t trust a vaccinated person any more than an unvaccinated person who doesn’t have the virus.

For my part I refuse to shake hands or kiss a vaccinated person without seeing a negative PCR or antigen test before.

It is also a behaviour recommended by health authorities, which is revealing.

And this is also what France does for vaccinated British visitors who must also present a negative PCR test to cross the border.

In conclusion, no trust for the vaccinated people because like the others they are a potential nest for microbes.

😷
If you are vaccinated you are less likely to catch it, be contagious or get seriously ill from it.

As you aren’t going to get vaccinated it is very sensible to be cautious around both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Fully vaccinated people can afford to be less cautious but they shouldn’t be yet... but once the rollout is far enough along and restrictions are removed, I’d not personally be worried about catching so long as the vaccine I have had remains effective.

Everyone needs to carry on being careful until as many people are vaccinated as possible though.

France requiring a PCR test as well as full vaccination is mainly to prevent the spread of the Delta variant. I suspect that’s a lost cause but the more you get vaccinated before it spreads the better since it’s more infectious and seems to affect younger people more.

Other countries in the EU only require an antigen test (which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) or full vaccination so I think it will spread around everywhere eventually unfortunately. At least the vaccines still work on it.

If you are vaccinated you are less likely to catch it, be contagious or get seriously ill from it.

As you aren’t going to get vaccinated it is very sensible to be cautious around both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. Fully vaccinated people can afford to be less cautious but they shouldn’t be yet... but once the rollout is far enough along and restrictions are removed, I’d not personally be worried about catching so long as the vaccine I have had remains effective.

Everyone needs to carry on being careful until as many people are vaccinated as possible though.

France requiring a PCR test as well as full vaccination is mainly to prevent the spread of the Delta variant. I suspect that’s a lost cause but the more you get vaccinated before it spreads the better since it’s more infectious and seems to affect younger people more.

Other countries in the EU only require an antigen test (which is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) or full vaccination so I think it will spread around everywhere eventually unfortunately. At least the vaccines still work on it.
Yeah the entire focus of the vaccine passport system is vaccination, testing is secondary or absent entirely. Nothing wrong with doing both where necessary.

Indeed, the head of the high health authority announced today that the Delta variant will settle mainly in France (around mid-July) as it is currently doing in the United Kingdom.

It's a certainty.

And a fourth wave will come in September-October.

The goal is to reach a "vaccine wall" to limit the damage for the most vulnerable (elderly people, people with commorbidities, overweight / obese people, people addicted to tobacco and alcohol).

He specifies that the vaccine is not the miracle solution and must be associated with caution and the barrier gestures.

In fact he didn't teach us anything today. ☺️

😷

As you aren’t going to get vaccinated
For the moment my friend, for the moment.

My personal situation allows me to be "on hold".

More hindsight on the vaccine, new versions of the vaccine, worsening of the epidemic could encourage me to take the vaccine as I did with many other vaccines.

However, the head of the high health authority declared :

"In the future, we can ensure that the virus will eventually become like other corona-type viruses, a seasonal virus. Is it going to happen in the winter of 2022 or is it going to take us two years, I don’t know".

So this virus can lose a lot of its power and become the equivalent of a seasonal "flu".

😷

Indeed, the head of the high health authority announced today that the Delta variant will settle mainly in France (around mid-July) as it is currently doing in the United Kingdom.

It's a certainty.

And a fourth wave will come in September-October.

I hope this does not happen. France has suffered enough.

The goal is to reach a "vaccine wall" to limit the damage for the most vulnerable (elderly people, people with commorbidities, overweight / obese people, people addicted to tobacco and alcohol).

He specifies that the vaccine is not the miracle solution and must be associated with caution and the barrier gestures.

In fact he didn't teach us anything today. ☺️

😷

This is a good plan. It can work.
And you have time to prepare.

Dear Patrick

From the bottom of my heart: Get that vaccine asap.

Why are you waiting? It's ok to be afraid of the side effects. I was, even though my rational mind told me not to be. It's also fair to say that at least long term side effects from the vaccine simply can't have been thoroughly tested in the year since the virus became known.

However, this is not a virus like the flu. It is a lot more serious, and even the survivors have a risk of bad long term effects. Don't believe the hype about this one becoming another cold or mild flu. There is a strong urge to get back to mormal, so the rich can get richer. The vaccines all have side effects, but in the vast majority of cases those are very mild, and even eating breakfast can potentially kill you if you choke on something.

I had a friend who died from Covid-19 back in march 2020. Mid 50s with no previous record of anything. He became ill, started coughing violently, went to hospital, then to ICU having several blood clots, and after two weeks he died. The last week without having been conscious. I wish he had been vaccinated, but that wasn't an option back then.

The vaccine is not a guarantee against getting infected, nor a guarantee against infecting others, but it does lower the risk of both significantly, and if you are infected, it lowers your chance of dying from Covid-19 to very close to zero.

Please reconsider.

Dear Patrick

From the bottom of my heart: Get that vaccine asap.

Why are you waiting? It's ok to be afraid of the side effects. I was, even though my rational mind told me not to be. It's also fair to say that at least long term side effects from the vaccine simply can't have been thoroughly tested in the year since the virus became known.

However, this is not a virus like the flu. It is a lot more serious, and even the survivors have a risk of bad long term effects. Don't believe the hype about this one becoming another cold or mild flu. There is a strong urge to get back to mormal, so the rich can get richer. The vaccines all have side effects, but in the vast majority of cases those are very mild, and even eating breakfast can potentially kill you if you choke on something.

I had a friend who died from Covid-19 back in march 2020. Mid 50s with no previous record of anything. He became ill, started coughing violently, went to hospital, then to ICU having several blood clots, and after two weeks he died. The last week without having been conscious. I wish he had been vaccinated, but that wasn't an option back then.

The vaccine is not a guarantee against getting infected, nor a guarantee against infecting others, but it does lower the risk of both significantly, and if you are infected, it lowers your chance of dying from Covid-19 to very close to zero.

Please reconsider.
I will not re-explain here the many posts that summarize my opinion on the covid and the vaccine.

Know that I am not an anti-vaxxer, that I am not afraid of vaccines (I have already been vaccinated many times), that I am not in the categories at serious or fatal risk, that I do not live in a densely populated area and lastly that I have a careful and healthy lifestyle, with limited and distant social interactions.

Thank you for your post. 🙂

😷

.WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. will buy 500 million more doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to share through the global COVAX alliance for donation to 92 lower income countries and the African Union over the next year, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday.

Seems illogical to select the costliest vaccine that requires cold storage facilities that lower income countries lack. Pfizer has a lot of connections.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom