General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
EP4f5nNUcAg-gJ7

Sorted.
Got invaded.

Can you get a mouth guard? The adjustable ones that dip in hot water and take shape from a bite?
If you do the bite with a slightly protruded lower jaw, it will help hold the airway open when you sleep. Amazon sells them for "teeth grinding" so nobody can sue them if the sleep apnoea causes a problem. But they can help.

Still digging through mountains of info to find out why people are dying of various causes at an increased rate. Turned up a couple things that might be of interest.

We can see how Covid might mess up blood vessel linings & give clot related troubles, but the cancer rates seemed unexplained. Well it turns out there's a swarm of connections.
A cardiologist named Leeper in Stanford was going through the whole human genome to look for genes involved in both cancers and CVD. He found a pile of them, using AI.
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQQqGlFL_is

Several work via the immune system, which obviously gets modulated by both infections and vaccines. Could also be epigenetic switching on of these bad dual purpose genes by the chemistry, eg drug treatment for Covid.

So, wait, that implies that normally people with ONE of those disease types should have a higher risk of the other. Is that true? Yes it is. In both directions.

If we can suppress the common genes, we can impact the 2 top causes of death simultaneously. For example, using a cheap β2 blocker like Atenolol to treat high blood pressure or angina can choke off some cancers spreading. Some cancer chemotherapy drugs also RotoRooter out arterial plaque. Once we parse all the data, there ought to be some very good upgrades to medical protocols.
I just don't know. I won't reel off statistics, of things that I simply haven't studied, or repeat phrases and sentences of those that claim to know. RNA,; DNA twisting... I hear it a lot.

One thing that I know for sure:

I trust authority, and those that claim to have authority of information, less and less every second of my life.

And I'm sick of anyone, that claims to have some secret key, and with that can judge anyone that voted either way, over recent things. You just don't know.

You just don't know.

Medical appointment today: A Dremel Moto-Tool was sitting on the doctor's tray.

Naahh, can't be.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Got Moto-Tooled.

They did give me a cream, afterwards...
That gave me a chuckle :) sorry for your misfortune though!
It’s amazing the tools humans have used through history for surgery. Trepanning, anyone? :oops:
The places you need to go to in your mind to undertake such operations could be a clue about where the safest place is!

A week from today, they are going to remove my nose.

No, Bottom Hat can not have it.

I will look and sound so much better. o_O
Good luck Ralph - I was going to say something humorous to try make you smile, like, at least you won’t smell - but just want say good luck from over the pond.
I feel I should add, I’m mostly a lurker but have read many of your posts over the years and appreciate your dry wit.
Maybe humour is a safe place?

Last edited:
Good luck Ralph - I was going to say something humorous to try make you smile, like, at least you won’t smell - but just want say good luck from over the pond.
I feel I should add, I’m mostly a lurker but have read many of your posts over the years and appreciate your dry wit.
Maybe humour is a safe place?
Humor isn't always a safe place on this board.

Thanks!

This will help resolve my apnea. It's the week of pain after procedure that I'm not looking forward to. It's outpatient, and I have a driver.

The good news is the grocery stores are back open, with no excuses...

Meanwhile, over here in Buffalo, they've pulled officers from rescue efforts in order to form an 'anti-looting unit', cause the property of the wealthy is clearly more important than the lives of anyone else...or maybe they figure they'll just kill poor people twice as fast by splitting the work between the cold and the police.

"People who are out looting when people are losing their lives in this harsh winter storm it's just absolutely reprehensible I don't know how they can live with themselves", said some abject hypocrite, who lacks a sense of irony enough to replace 'looting' with 'forming anti-looting units', who also happens to be Mayor.

Anyway, I'm just outside the city, so the travel ban has been lifted for me and I managed to dig our car out this morning. I might be able to make it to my mother's for a belated Christmas dinner within the next day or two. If I see anyone trapped in the snow, I'll probably give them a hand. If I see any looters, I'll wave and drive on.

The operation was successful, but the patient lived. :)

Now a week of bleeding and headaches. Doctors and staff did an excellent job. Now, I get to add to my "personal narrative"...

Ketamine was used in my anesthesia. That might make me give up the forums. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom