General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Nature trekking being one of my passions, I can absolutely confirm that it does relieve stress. Walking through some quiet forest, hills, or riverbed is awesome for relaxation. Well for people who, like me, are into this sort of thing.

For me, this depends entirely on the mosquito, and other biting airborne insect, populations of the area.

I didn't say you should do your trekking in Cambodja. :)
I guess norther Norway is of the list, this time of the year.

L4pXzBoCiTuWSWeZ7eAojAiDd-HxlH23xYx7rIJxOioQ.jpg

No idea why but all the shops are queuing like they were at the worst of the panic buying phase in the UK today.

The only trigger I can think of is the toilet paper panic buying craze that's happening in Australia again, which is what triggered the last lot of panic buying here.

Nature trekking being one of my passions, I can absolutely confirm that it does relieve stress. Walking through some quiet forest, hills, or riverbed is awesome for relaxation. Well for people who, like me, are into this sort of thing.
Healthy living and sports (if we can) is the best solution for an optimal quality of life. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠😷

For me, this depends entirely on the mosquito, and other biting airborne insect, populations of the area.
I practice the sport walking daily on the road and in the forest.

When it's hot and the insects proliferate, I use a repellent, it's very effective.

insect 2.jpg

insect 1.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Last edited:
Don't need to be in a tropical jungle for there to be clouds of mosquitoes around.

I live in an area that had a blizzard and a killing frost in May. If I go outside right now, I'll have twenty mosquito bites by the time I reach the end of my driveway unless I slather myself in DEET.
you can also use this :p

mosquito.jpg

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

:coffee:
Another day off in the sunny Caribbean. Rainy season started, which is the exact opposite of British Summer: we occasionally see a little rain.

Got the farm delivery, with a giant make-up watermelon. "What?" You say, is that?

The last one we got sounded slightly hollow. We put it on the counter, and it produced a droplet of clear water on the side.

"Did you wet it?" the wife wanted to know.

Of course I hadn't gone and put a drop on the watermelon. As we observed it, it made the drop bigger, it slid down the side, and another bigger drop immediately appeared. Then it started whistling.
A tiny jet of watery juice ejected from the watermelon, spraying into the sink.

"It's a good shot" said I. Took a sample. It smelled bad.

Then it started fizzing and bubbling. Soon the kitchen smelled like a corpse. I bundled it quickly into a plastic bag, just in time for it to suddenly crack open like a core asteroid and emit deep red putrid juice and a huge puff of vile gas.

"They got it sold just in time" I observed, but my wife was already sending them pictures. So the replacement came today.

Yes it's off topic. Whaddya want from me?

Southend on Sea in England

With 42,927 deaths tested positive and even more than 52,000 including suspected cases, the United Kingdom deplores the heaviest toll in Europe of Covid-19 disease. :rolleyes:

Plage 2.jpg

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

:coffee:
Another day off in the sunny Caribbean. Rainy season started, which is the exact opposite of British Summer: we occasionally see a little rain.

Got the farm delivery, with a giant make-up watermelon. "What?" You say, is that?

The last one we got sounded slightly hollow. We put it on the counter, and it produced a droplet of clear water on the side.

"Did you wet it?" the wife wanted to know.

Of course I hadn't gone and put a drop on the watermelon. As we observed it, it made the drop bigger, it slid down the side, and another bigger drop immediately appeared. Then it started whistling.
A tiny jet of watery juice ejected from the watermelon, spraying into the sink.

"It's a good shot" said I. Took a sample. It smelled bad.

Then it started fizzing and bubbling. Soon the kitchen smelled like a corpse. I bundled it quickly into a plastic bag, just in time for it to suddenly crack open like a core asteroid and emit deep red putrid juice and a huge puff of vile gas.

"They got it sold just in time" I observed, but my wife was already sending them pictures. So the replacement came today.

Yes it's off topic. Whaddya want from me?

That's the best exploding watermelon story I've heard all day .

The worst death toll is actually in Belgium, with 839 deaths per million. UK comes second with 636, Spain third with 605, then Italy with 573, Sweden 517, and then France with 455 deaths per million.

Contrary to popular belief, the US is not really that bad in comparison, with 375 deaths per million, only slightly above the Netherlands (356) and Ireland (349).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom