The silent minelauncher nerf

+1

I built a mine layer ship, then was thoroughly disappointed by the silly 5 second timer.

If you're being chased at the average speed of 450m/s, it means for mines to be effective, your attacker needs to be 2.25+km behind you, and have reactions about 2000% slower than the average middle aged human... :unsure:

+1

Even for unenginnered ships a trader dropping mines against a faster attacker wont have a window.

Clearly not. ;)
Ofcourse, you know my system better than I do. Which is why you surely can explain why this error message pops up despite Elite running without issues at full settings with mods at 60+ FPS.

This error message is just stupid. Reading through it, it claims that Elite might crash or behave in unintended ways (such as freezes, black screens, etc.) though this has never happened.

Ofcourse, you know my system better than I do. Which is why you surely can explain why this error message pops up despite Elite running without issues at full settings with mods at 60+ FPS.

This error message is just stupid. Reading through it, it claims that Elite might crash or behave in unintended ways (such as freezes, black screens, etc.) though this has never happened.

I neither know nor care about your system, but the symptoms you describe contradict your claim that it works flawlessly. You can keep blaming FD if you like, but it won't get your system working properly.

You've been here long enough to know this girl is just trying to get under your skin. I agree with you and have also had some weird issues over the past few month but don't be pulled down to that level.

I neither know nor care about your system, but the symptoms you describe contradict your claim that it works flawlessly. You can keep blaming FD if you like, but it won't get your system working properly.

Finally a logical statement. Balming FDev won't make my system run flawlessly. Indeed. What an enlightment. Though what it does do is to point out that their error detection is flawed just like so many other things for example the connectivity and cheat prevention. Which was my original statement (just in case you didn't get it and to avoid further misinterpreation).

Finally a logical statement. Balming FDev won't make my system run flawlessly. Indeed. What an enlightment. Though what it does do is to point out that their error detection is flawed just like so many other things for example the connectivity and cheat prevention. Which was my original statement (just in case you didn't get it and to avoid further misinterpreation).

It would appear that the misinterpretation is not where you think it is. ;)

It would appear that the misinterpretation is not where you think it is. ;)
And it also appears that you are completely off-topic. I don't know what your intention is and I frankly don't care anymore. At first I thought you'd have something meaningful to say here but since that apparently isn't the case I'm not gonna take you serious any longer.
Also you fail to explain where you believe the misinterpretation was which lets me conclude that your statement lacks in content and thus can be marked as spam.

I will no longer pay attention now unless it is about the original topic which is that the minelauncher nerf was unrequested and is not backed by any logical and official justification and thus should be reverted.

Mines have similar problems as torps, HY cannons, pulse disruptor or retributor, they are not easy to balance, and attempts were failure so far.
Weakening rev cascade effect on both mines and especially torps would be better, but also increasing ammo for torps with large reload time would be good. I had no problem with mines as they worked so far, but 70 of them in c1 is excessive compered to torps, just to kill c5 reinforced shield you need only 6 mines or 2 torps. 30% damage turned into rev cascade would be better IMO. Nerf to extent that weapon useless is FD trademark, my private list: all mentioned earlier+shock cannons and enzyme missiles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom