The "Small Questions that don't Deserve their own Thread" Thread

No, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the circles you see from much further out, like 100 to 50ls or less.

Those rings denote the gravity well around the planet (which affects your supercruise speed as you approach). I'm not sure that they're at precise distances from the planet as I think they're affected by the planet's mass but are intended to act as a warning about the approaching astronomical body much like those stripes on the road leading to a roundabout from UK motorway off-ramp.

Those rings denote the gravity well around the planet (which affects your supercruise speed as you approach). I'm not sure that they're at precise distances from the planet as I think they're affected by the planet's mass but are intended to act as a warning about the approaching astronomical body much like those stripes on the road leading to a roundabout from UK motorway off-ramp.

That's interesting, thanks Alec!
Where did you find that piece of information? I tried looking in the official manual, but to no avail.

Last edited:
Hey all I have a few but here's my first two.
1) what is the supernova highway?

2) fsd boost what is it and how does it work?

1. Most likely the neutron highway? About 1000Ly above and below the galactic plane are huge fields of neutron stars that you can use to boost your FSD range (and so travel long distances in fewer jumps).
2. There are two boosts. One from neutron stars, for which you need a fuel scoop and a neutron star... Fly through the jets of the star to get an FSD boost (will increase range by 4). You can also boost by using materials (collected from planet surfaces or asteroid fields).

1. Most likely the neutron highway? About 1000Ly above and below the galactic plane are huge fields of neutron stars that you can use to boost your FSD range (and so travel long distances in fewer jumps).
2. There are two boosts. One from neutron stars, for which you need a fuel scoop and a neutron star... Fly through the jets of the star to get an FSD boost (will increase range by 4). You can also boost by using materials (collected from planet surfaces or asteroid fields).

White Dwarfs also provide a FSD boost. I think the % is between MAT boost % and neutron star boost %.

Top Bottom