Roller Coasters The Smiler (Alton Towers, UK) - Recreation!

Well..... I've done the initial build and some of the refinement and smoothing!

I give you..... The Smiler (Alton Towers, UK) recreated in Planet Coaster Alpha 2.1. Complete with 14 custom inversions, using no pre-made track segments! It's now 3am here in the UK.... So I think I should go to bed! [tongue] Once I finish more and add the buildings etc I'll update you all more!

Thank you Frontier for a truly awesome game! The coaster builder is a bit awkward at times, but based off what we've seen so far with progression and quality we're going to have an awesome game in the end!

Note - I know it's not the correct coaster type, but it's the closest visual match! Frontier can we have the Eurofighter soooooooon ? [big grin]

iLwuKn8.jpg

2mblqLS.jpg

pOaGrjO.jpg

zKScVlN.jpg

imPvChF.jpg

Right, when is this blueprint button coming [big grin]

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it finished and a nice couple of vids of it would be great too. Nice work.

Regards,

Adam

Thanks for the feedback Adam, I'll try and get it finished soon then make a video etc. I may also upload the save game file somewhere.... Stay turned.

Nice job LaurenceColes great work. How do you go about making it as close as the real thing as possible? Where do you get the real information from?

If I recall correctly - isn't that the coaster where they had a major crash last year?

Can't wait for Alpha 3 with blue prints - I'm useless at making coasters, but love messing around.

Last edited:
Looks great, but we really need Gerstauler/Intamin type of rails for it to look perfect.

Love how everything is done using custom inversions, I thought it was impossible to create them anymore, but it seems it depends in the type of coaster you use no?

Hi SPRidley,

Thanks! And yes we really do! :D I'll recreate again when we get that coaster type!

It's not impossible, just very difficult! Hmmm some are easier than others, its just patience. [big grin]

Cheers all!

Bit more of an update for you..... Although I'm not happy with the paths towards the bottom, I'll be rethinking and placing these as some point :)

P4T50JI.jpg

Top Bottom