The Snowbird Expedition (Livingston Point Ferry)

The Snowbird Expedition (Livingston Point Ferry)

Date of launch: TBD (August 8th is planned launch date)
Date of return: September 30th (possibly earlier)

Launch time: UTC (Game time)
FC moment time initiated: 01:00 UTC (8pm est )
FC Jumps per week: TBD

Platforms: PC, PS4, XBox
Game mode: PG ( Private Group)

Summary

We would like to invite all CMDRs across each of the three main platforms, PS4, PC and Xbox, on an expedition to Livingston point via a Fleet Carrier.

Greetings Commanders,

The cold abysss is a dark and scary place. Places you have always wanted to go but are too dangerous to reach safely? Have you ever traveled to the farthest edge of the galaxy south? Well if not, this is your chance! Livingston Point is one of the harder places in the galaxy to get to and return. It requires a 50ly+ ship and many Jumponium mats. It is still one of the fewer places visited In our galaxy. This expedition's goal is to try to change that. With the addition of fleet carriers, I hope to make this small sector of the galaxy more available for more explorers! We will be taking a month journey to Livingston point and back. if your interested please do feel free to sign up on the roster.

Expedition Goals

-Primary Goal:
  • To explore and creativity find one or multiple ferry routes to Livingston Point and beyond for FC.
  • To allow commanders to travel to Livingston Point with non engineered ships or without the use of Jumponium mats.

-Secondary Goal:
  • Explore the area of space between Sol and Livingston Point
  • Find triple hot spots or more of: LTD, Tritium, VO.
  • To hope a lucky commander stumbles on raxxla on the way

Fleet Carrier information:
  • FC Name: The Curious Crow
  • FC Owner: The-DemonWolf
  • FC tariff: 6%

FC Services offered:
  • Refuel
  • Repair
  • Armory
  • Shipyard
  • Commodities Market
  • Universal Cartography

Note- The shipyard is an expensive module. So the shipyard will be suspended during several points of the expedition to keep costs lower. Future ferry excursion may be done without the need of the shipyard once a route is established.

The Routes:
  1. Across the void

E291E665-7C89-489C-8D73-66FA9FC2DA32.jpeg

This would potentially be the faster of the two routes. It is slow for commanders but with planning and lots of jumponium it could be done. With the range of the fc it may be much easier but it is still unknown.

-Cons:
  1. Should a commander be left behind by the FC bugs, this commander would have to be rescued via the fleet carrier Turning around for them.
  2. The ferry may still be slow and find difficulty navigating the area.
  3. Exploring the area would be extremely difficult for commanders. Potentially little to no ability as we crossed the gap.

2. The Checkmark Formation

C77E0A28-BE9B-4509-B6AA-724074384F53.jpeg

This is the safer of the two routes. It goes toward the Bubble Nebula, then around the gap. The FC would follow the arm once around the gap and out to Livingston Point. This path also has the benefit of easy exploration access allowing commanders to come and go. If a commander gets left behind, they can catch up without much trouble.

Cons:
  1. Will be slower than a straight shot potentially.
  2. Will add more time to the ferry expedition.
  3. May burn more FC fuel than expected.

Note- These are the two common ways for commanders to get to Livingston Point. More may be possible. Further discussion and research is needed.

-Route Chosen: TBD

-Route Schedule: to be completed further along.

systemdatecurrent fc fuelJump #
Formalities

-Emergency Note Due to the fc patch three tritium is rapidly becoming in short supply. If this issue is not patched it would not make sense to launch the expedition. I am going to be making emergency plans to buy tritium. I am also going to plan on the straight shot route as it will cost less fuel and have a route plotted between now and tomorrow. ( long as work don’t call me in)

-Recommendations

We suggest that CMDR’s fly in a ship that they are comfortable spending weeks at a time in. It is also recommended they suit the roles that you choose for the expedition. Fuel scoops are also REQUIRED for the ship you are using.

We understand that not everyone will be able to make the full duration of the expedition, so we would like to encourage you all to feel free to drop in and out as it suits you. There is no obligation on anyone to visit all stops on the expedition. We just want to provide you with a relatively easy way to visit and travel this part of the galaxy with someone ready and waiting to wing you in.

As a final note, we will do our best to make sure no one is in an instance alone. We will not however try to force large instances as this takes up valuable time. If you find yourself alone, request a wing and try to instance. The expedition will be more fun with others.

-Roles:
  • Explorer- player here to explore the galaxy and collect data
  • Miner- player who is willing to mine and transport fleet carrier fuel.
  • Fuel Haulers- players willing to Carry fuel from miners or hold fuel on personnel vessels for the FC to use as a reserve.
  • Hull Seals- a player group dedicated to repairing the hull of other commanders.
  • Fuelrats- A player group dedicated to rescuing other commanders without fuel.

Snowbird Expedition Patch

61B56EE5-CE71-4265-930A-17B3C9C2F92B.png

Roster/ Sign up Sheet:

This is to get an idea how many Cmdrs my fleet carrier has on board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-9uRvOSYtcCDBT0Dzwk8xQbx2BPpvTpWTgUga36ZiDg/edit

Practicalities

The tour will utilise the Fleet Comms Discord server https://discordapp.com/invite/0hKG2qb9ODixa7Iz for instruction, comms and chat. CMDRs will find the active fleet comms role and it will give you access to the snowbird expedition chat. We will use the expedition voice chat for event communication. If you are unfamiliar with Discord, don’t worry, a member of the admin team will be monitoring all new joiners and will be available to assist.

-Private Groups

We propose to hold the tour in Private Groups as it is a safer media. There is a PG available for each platform and details will be available in the chosen Discord Chat.

Private group Hosts

-Pc Pg Leader: TBD
-Ps4 Pg Leader: The-DemonWolf
-Xbox Pg Leader: TBD

Special Thanks

Cmdr Spansh for tour route creator And for fleet carrier plotter.
Cmdr iamroot for assistance in the construction of this expedition.
Cmdr Doctor2116 for assistance in construction of this expedition.
Cmdr Numberpi for patch design and creation.

Q.A

-Can I join if I’m new to exploring?

Yes, you can! This trip is meant for brave new explorers to go to places they may not get to for a long while otherwise.

-Can I bring my own carrier?

At this time no, having too many carriers will cause issues with the potential of more commanders being accidentally left behind than if there is only one.

-How many FCs are doing this trip?

At this time one. There may be a MAX of 3 in TOTAL potentially. . This is still under debate by the leaders at this time.

-Do I have to bring a fuel scoop?

YES! If you get left behind you should have a ship with a fuel scoop. This is So the fc can keep moving forward on schedule. It will let you catch up with the fc.

-Do I have to bring a mining ship?

No, it is not required. If you chose to, it would greatly help the fleet carrier movements should it run out of fuel. The owner can only mine so many tons.

-How much will tritium be bought for on the fleet carrier?

When tritium is needed, it will be bought for 5,000c per ton based on the current galactica average at this time.

Note- I recent bought the fc. And bought 2k of fuel at 41,000 and it unfortunately cost 80 million. If I were to stick to 50,000 as first stated the bank would break for the fc. The cost would be too much.

-Will we be doing weekly points of interest?

Not at this time. We will consider looking around at possible meetups. Suggestions are appreciated.

Authors note- First thank you for having a look at the expedition! Now I know it’s a little rough At this time so please have patience a lot of edits will become soon. I will need your opinion on which route the community would like to take, and yes both is an option. Please feel free to send me messages in the forms with helpful tips, so I can make this expedition the best experience ever. Feel free to share this expedition around the more Cmdrs the better!

Last edited:
Adding to my ED Calendar.

Also: "30 days has September" is the beginning of a rhyme I learned as a kid...you may want to fine-tune the return date. ;)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

ok so patch fixed mining tritium. (Supposedly) I currrently have only a small group going on this trip. Idk how many are going as I’ve only got 5 of us Signed up. I’m a little concerned this ferry trip, isn’t appealing enough. I have bought 16k of the 20k tritium needed for the trip. i don’t know if you guys still want to go or not for those who have signed up.

To everyone ^-^“

fdev has broken fc again. It seems fc can’t jump anymore? I saw the bug issue currently not sure how severe it is I got called into work for a 9hr shift so I didn’t get anything done I hoped to. If this a bug affecting all fc. The trip will have to be postponed till its fixed.

Top Bottom