The Star Citizen Thread v 4

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I did, in an earlier post, but let me help you.
The fidelity of our planets are gonna be such that you’ve not seen this before. There’s no question.
There are no way to back pedal out of this one, now we wait to see it.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ianw View Post
If they did actually say that - rather than it being another INN/fan miss-interpretation/exaggeration it would suggest they've learned nothing from the BDSSE fiasco...
That is my point, I'm going to keep this one alive until I see it!
Was that statement made before or after engineers, because engineers seem to me to have taken Elite Dangerous planets to a whole new level.

Was that statement made before or after engineers, because engineers seem to me to have taken Elite Dangerous planets to a whole new level.

Before, but that really doesn't matter, I: have been making awesome PG planets before that, they say "our planets are gonna be such that you’ve not seen this before." now
I guess that mean that they already got the mechanics in place and just need to tweak some settings to get it right. Or they are just lying plain and simple. We will know soon.

Max, you've hyped 2.4 so much it's like the second coming of Space Jezus.

:)

o_O! It's a game update and i was just mentioning what's on it when it comes to saying that the game is mostly played on a website (cause persistence impacts this y'know). I'm not sure what i am hyping, or is it just your funneh baits? :)

Last edited:
I am not OK with such a nested confusion of currencies on top of very high sums of actual dollars.

Confusion =

UEC = Main and Only Currency of Star Citizen, the MMO

REC = The Virtual Currency of the virtual games, known as Arena Commander and then Star Marine (ships on AC and SC will be separated for example, you can have AC only ships and so on, hence the REC)

Alpha UEC = Temporary currency for the current Alpha we won't keep

The first 2 are the game currencies, the only currency to be affected by money, is UEC, as it's very well known. Is it really that confusing for you? o_O

Last edited:
I am not OK with such a nested confusion of currencies on top of very high sums of actual dollars.
In reality there's only 2 currencies, UEC(alpha UEC only for alpha stage(every now and then will be reset), normal UEC( for release, right now only in the web)) and REC(a currency for Arena Commander, a virtual game inside Star Citizen universe).

I can't really see such a problem with this...

If I give it some effort, I would understand the whole multiple-currency thing. But it is a game, it does not need all that.
And all the jargon. Star Citizen has Immersion, Fidelity, the Melting of Ships, Life Time Insurance, Refactoring, Grabby Hands, Pre-Alpha, Physicalised EVA, Procedurally Generated Birds. And a Living, Breathing Universe.
Sometimes I worry about the customers. Luckily, most of the time this game makes me smile.

The George Lucas comparison is quite accurate. A washed up has-been trading on past glories, who hasn't actually produced anything worthwhile in decades. ;)
Right.

George Lucas makes an AVERAGE of 336 million per movie and has made over 7 BILLION dollars total. He sold LucasFilm to Disney for 4 BILLION alone.

I don't care of you don't like the guy, but report facts As facts please and not make statements that smell like cow pat. Thank you.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Producer&id=georgelucas.htm

Last edited:

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
Right.

George Lucas makes an AVERAGE of 336 million per movie and has made over 7 BILLION dollars total. He sold LucasFilm to Disney for 4 BILLION alone.

I don't care of you don't like the guy, but report facts As facts please and not make statements that smell like cow pat. Thank you.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Producer&id=georgelucas.htm

...and the last film he actually directed that wasn't a pile of tripe was Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope way back in 1977.

Don't confuse monetary success with quality of output (funny, that also sounds strangely familiar), unless you actually think the Spice Girls were one of the best bands ever of course...

Last edited:
Just watched the new video released by CIG of game play in SQ42.

I really hope they got a lot further then what they showed. It was not that impressive, the characters were weird and with cheesy dialog's.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom