The Thargoid Bobblehead

I suck with fixed weapons, but sometimes I get lucky. Hull tanked Anaconda with four 3C Guardian Shard Cannons loaded with Premium ammo.
Congratz but to call this lucky? This is not helping people fight thargoids. This is an expensive almost exploit way to get a heart. As almost no skill is involved.

I acutally traded a heart for 10 Meta Alloys to one commander. And one heart for 50 LTD to another. And do not forget those corrosive cargo racks.. I died 3 times after killing a goid to get the heart on board. Use the 5/5 rule.. Stay 5 km away from the heart till the other goid materials are below 50%. Then scoop the heart. The heart is so corrosive; you will NOT make it to a station before at least your cargo rack has malfunctioned and dropped all your cargo during SC.

The Cyclops is fairly easy once you get your first. Now the Balilisk is a BIG next step!

Last edited:
I haven't really decided. I've found builds for all three Alliance ships with the Chieftain mostly used for Scout hunting. The Crusader seems more popular than the Challenger with 50t more hull. Then there are the Python, Anaconda, Corvette and Cutter builds. Interesting there are videos where the Crusader took out the target faster than the Cutter but I assume this is more about pilot skills and weapons selection.

Google "Canonn Group AX build" for lots of other examples.

I have a Krait Mk II Thargoid scout build which seems very popular since it was released. Easy enough to update with Gauss Cannons then go play. I only purchased two each of AX and Guardian weapons so off to purchase more for now. I stripped down my Krait for best jump range with the nearest dealer 250LY away from the Pleiades Sector.

Of course the bottom line for me is, "Just go do it!". :)
Wise words Hoop

I want that bobble, should take me months at the amount of game time I get

Congratz but to call this lucky? This is not helping people fight thargoids. This is an expensive almost exploit way to get a heart. As almost no skill is involved.

I acutally traded a heart for 10 Meta Alloys to one commander. And one heart for 50 LTD to another. And do not forget those corrosive cargo racks.. I died 3 times after killing a goid to get the heart on board. Use the 5/5 rule.. Stay 5 km away from the heart till the other goid materials are below 50%. Then scoop the heart. The heart is so corrosive; you will NOT make it to a station before at least your cargo rack has malfunctioned and dropped all your cargo during SC.

The Cyclops is fairly easy once you get your first. Now the Balilisk is a BIG next step!
How effective is the high ship temp - burn off corrosion technique?

For burning of caustic damage from the caustic clouds or thargoid weapons it works good. This will not stop the corrosive effect of the cargo you carry tho. And the heart is much more corrosive then other corrosive cargo (biowaste and toxic waste)

Here's my test Krait Mk II build taking out the big 4 Thargoids hopefully starting with a Cyclops. I know...no heat sink launchers and my shields are thermal resistant which are useless against them. But they are what I have at the moment in the Pleiades Sector boonies. Two flak launchers for the swarms until I "get gud" then later maybe a long range turreted beam with thermal vent to help with the heat. Actually testing the gauss cannons with just three the heat is a lot more controllable without using heat sinks IF you can hit the target.

Still my first objectives are to get my flying skills down and correctly using the shutdown field neutralizer. I'm pretty bad at this so work on it before attacking if that is possible..No problems using thrusters, boosting and FA off. Fixed weapons against fast moving targets such as swarms is another issue. Meanwhile I did hire a cute blond expert pilot to fly my Trident and Lance Guardian fighters. That may distract me a little. We'll see... :)

Worse case I can afford a 4.7 million rebuy. Others maybe not so much. Note that I couldn't take out the swarm. First rebuy....

Regards

Last edited:
You are going about the wrong way Hooplah

You do need heatsinks (loads; prepare to synth). And a SFN is better replaced by a booster. Fighter pilots gain you no edge in thargoid fighting (anymore). 8 limpets should be enough then you can upsize you MRP. And also the DC should be ditched..

Go visit AXI discord for additional pointers

I got it during the Enclave using an Anaconda prepped specifically for that task. Normal ammo and FA On (can't seriously fly FA Off)

Since interceptor combat was a premiere for me, first attempt went sour pretty quickly so i high-waked away, repaired and came for another one
Second one seemed to go better, but in the end i failed badly. Limped out of it with no canopy, low hull and low air. Since i was in Open, the only large pad of the megaship was occupied by a basking commander. I switched to solo, but due to the delay, i run out of Oxigen the second i slammed the pad. Mark one for the Targoids.
Third was a charm and got the heart...

...Go visit AXI discord for additional pointers
I don't like discord. It adds so many hidden files that I cannot normally see unless going to the Task Manager. Even then it adds startup files not obvious. Removing it is equivalent to removing a virus. What data is discord gathering? If I plug in my master password list on a USB drive paying the monthly bills will it capture it? I know I'n ignorant using it but maybe another thread discussing discord would educate me.

Your replies are so tiresome... So much for helping you out; I get a tin-foil hat reply (every time). Did you know that TENCENT invested money in Discord... And in Frontier? That you are even still playing this game let alone dare to venture on the internet.

Your replies are so tiresome... So much for helping you out; I get a tin-foil hat reply (every time). Did you know that TENCENT invested money in Discord... And in Frontier? That you are even still playing this game let alone dare to venture on the internet.
So don't bother replying.

Last edited:

I just love when someone starts telling someone else their successful method requires no skill. Too much salt

I'm at Kipling Orbital in Pleiades Sector KC-V C2-11. It has a nice large orbiting station central to playing with Thargoids and decent jump ranges if one has to go back to the bubble to purchase more Guardian or AX weapons. With an engineered Asp Explorer at 60LY gathering materials it is also easy to get to Davs Hope, the Jameson crash site or the Bug Killer site (only one jump away). Look them up. This station is not a secret known for years but might interest new players.

Last edited:
This bobblehead amounts to a trophy to prove what a monster you are - the equivalent of having a stuffed panda bear head mounted on the wall.
All lifeforms are equal; Protect the innocent thargoids and give quiche a chance.

This bobblehead amounts to a trophy to prove what a monster you are - the equivalent of having a stuffed panda bear head mounted on the wall.
All lifeforms are equal; Protect the innocent thargoids and give quiche a chance.

If it were possible to impale a Thargoid heart on the spikes of your raider ship kitted Krait Mk2, i would, even if the goo ran down the windscreen😀

o7

LOL. Actually I'm more of a meet 'n greet with the Thargoids but they don't seem to like me whenever we connect. So what are all those friendly Thargoid decals in the store all about without a hint in the game play to work this? Completing the missions in Frontier: First Encounters (c1995) they awarded me with a Thargoid warship. I guess the Devs haven't figured this one out yet.

Last edited:
LOL. Actually I'm more of a meet 'n greet with the Thargoids but they don't seem to like me whenever we connect. So what are all those friendly Thargoid decals in the store all about without a hint in the game play to work this?
I've got one on my unarmed thargoid liaison ship and have tried several times to communicate with them.
Unfortunately every time they have accidentally destroyed my ship rapidly and without hesitation, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

In all honesty, as long as there are no scouts about, they just come and scan me, then they turn around and cruise off...

At about 800m i then tend to shoot them repeatedly with gauss and try to grab that first heart straight off the bat.

They really should get some kind of a "We have heard about you!" type scanner, it would help the 'mursion imo.

o7

So don't bother replying. According to you I'm not worth it so quit replying. Nothing to see here...this is not the Droids you are looking for...move along. If I don't get it right feel free to tell me that I didn't get it right so that I and others can learn. Always be respectful with other players on the Forum looking to learn. Too many replies are about putting down a player versus helping them out. You decide which way to go.

Meanwhile 3 gauss cannons and expert placed shots at the right time plus flying skills to avoid incoming fire so far doesn't need heat sinks. But that is just me.

I was helping you. Didn't you read it? You only comment on the little discord part. Then you continue and type this message to me about respect. Yep, I must be the bad guy here.

Id hate to see what you think of these trophies 😏
Yeah man, squadron season winners! And before anyone comes saying there is no skill involved in joining a squad... well, AXI(N) does have the requirement to solo kill a Cyclops without using the method Macros Black described and provide proof of it in order to join the squadron ;)

Top Bottom