The Titan Debris Salvage Thread [spoilers without tags!]

OK, so duh, if you're here, there's no spoiler tags, so proceed at your own peril.

Titan Taranis' wreck is now able to be approached and things interacted with. Initial observations:

• There's still enemies around, cold builds are your friend, and they'll attack if they detect you.
  • You'll also need caustic sinks, there's no safe zone here anymore
  • You'll at least need weapons, and an abrasion blaster though not necessary, increases your yields.
  • There's all manner of tissue samples (titan, scythes, orthrus, standard interceptor), thargoid items (meta alloys, sensors, standard commodities), xeno pods, caustic materials, the works. You could make some decent salvage here.
  • Lots of enemies about as mentioned, but they're all (regardless of type) letting off an odd green pulse, like the EMP, but doesn't have EMP effects. It has similar colouring to the Titan's pulse before we all got launched.
  • There's apparently three new materials, I only found one (Cyst Pearls -> shoot off for Cyst Samples), but picking them up seems to be bugged at the moment... it'll temporarily occupy space as if you have it but not appear... but a context change (jump, dock etc) will seal their fate as gone.

I wonder what happens if you bring an unclassified relic in here....

I got mashed up after getting too hot, so no screenies or stuff yet... but watch this space.

I hope they don't run a research CG to collect those new items then :(

Why? if they do, they'll have an extra incentive to fix the collection of the things, right?
Sure, they could cancel the CG altogether till the next week, giving the devs time to find a fix if it's nothing really trivially

So, normally things obtained like this are materials, not cargo. I wonder if that's the bug... they're meant to be materials, but they're loading like cargo, and so they're invalid.

Titan Drive Component
1710416383660.png

1710416312290.png
1710416325740.png

So, normally things obtained like this are materials, not cargo. I wonder if that's the bug... they're meant to be materials, but they're loading like cargo, and so they're invalid.
Not exclusively if you could meta alloys obtained from surface sites, but those transform from the organic thingy to meta alloys on pickup.

Top Bottom