The War of the Old Worlds

Dammit, why do I seem to miss all this cool stuff when I'm 10's of thousands of LYs from Civilisation? :(

The pain of deep space exploration.

Just looking at Orrere from the map, it doesn't look like The Code or anyone else is doing anything of significance. There's a civil war between some unimportant factions and what looks like a pending war between The Code and a mining company. The Code have a planetary port at risk and stand to gain nothing. I don't see this as a particularly good strategy on their part.

I have no plans on visiting the system, but it'll be interesting to read the forum wars.

This is a game after all. This current issue is a reason to build some fun and activity around. Any battles should be fought in that spirit with a bit of good natured banter!
Said "good natured banter" shouldn't include downplaying conflicts and the difficulties of Anarchies in the BGS. That's just spiteful.

"The Code ran a heist against the Teamsters Logistics Corporation, unintentionally sowing discord within the group when the traders combat logged on the thieves."
True!!!
"Disaffected ex-Teamster players spent the following 9 months actively working to undermine The Code’s minor faction, in revenge for the heist."
Untrue!!!

Just want to put the record straight.

On behalf of the Killer Whales - have fun.
We don't do space politics. We may pass through there, but we are neither enemies nor allies.
We might even dock there to repair, resupply or refuel, but we remain uninvolved.

LOL
I think what CptnKirby meant to say is this...
z7aM7lj.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Haven’t the player faction of the galaxy realized by now that if you step on a player factions system you threaten all player faction way of life, including your own. FDev has given this system to them and they have the right do defend it at all costs. Not only that but you also have to think of the people that will come and stand by their side just because you are screwing with all of us. So you want all anarchy faction out of control of alliance space? Good luck with that. Maybe contact FDev and ask them to do that and see what kind of response you get. My faction will always stand with those defending their own. I have seen this happen too many times to stand against the majority of the community that have shown up to defend for people like this in the past. Even you calling out another player faction and publicly admitting to running BGS against them in their own home system you should be considered a threat. But these things always have a way of working out. I think some just need some more info before they fully think war, war, war.

Last edited:
Hey guys, Code, AEDC:

I would like to state that the movement of Reorte Mining Coalition into Orrere was not an action by the AEDC, it was in fact a simple accident. A little background: I formed a small wing earlier this year with the mission of maintaining the status quo in the Old Worlds. Keep the green worlds green, but not empire build like the AEDC does. The intent being to have the rare commodities in the area have Boom-time levels of availability for traders. So I'd been subtly influencing the area since then, ending wars quickly as possible to limit influence attrition, letting elections end on their own as long as it didn't end up with a loss of an Alliance station, and in one case allowing an Alliance faction to retreat from a particularly troublesome system. Two other cases where Alliance factions took over a system was only because the BGS naturally put an Alliance faction into conflict with a controlling faction, and I only intervened at that point.

Due to my actions in the area, Alliance factions were able to reach levels of influence they were unable to naturally. Recently Reorte Mining Coalition and Crimson State Limited went into Expansion on their own without any deliberate effort on my part, and I left them alone to do their thing. If they went into Retreat, I'd let them do it, if they went to War or Election, I'd address it as needed. Again, there was no intention on empire building, just maintaining the status quo in the core worlds. Any influence growth for RMC in Orrerre, at least initially, was only due to the fact it went into a post-expansion Boom. I know for my own part I haven't touched the faction because I've been engaged elsewhere. Any growth now, is probably due to Streisand Effect. I will confess I had some plans at one point to flip Riedquat over to an independent faction, but that was a huge project and also AEDC gave me a rather convincing reason why doing so would be a bad idea, so I'd taken no action there. Seeing as I'll be leaving the country in the next week for work reasons and my playing time will be curtailed for the next 6 months, I've disbanded my wing and abandoned any plans I've had for the area. I'm in the military and am about to deploy.

So I'd like to apologize for lighting this powder keg off, and ask that cooler heads prevail. This was simply an unfortunate turn of the BGS and I'm sure if we put aside the tough talk then RMC can be rolled back out of Orrerre and everyone can go back to puttering around in their own little spheres of influence.

Last edited:

ALGOMATIC

Banned
Hey guys, Code, AEDC:

I would like to state that the movement of Reorte Mining Coalition into Orrere was not an action by the AEDC, it was in fact a simple accident. A little background: I formed a small wing earlier this year with the mission of maintaining the status quo in the Old Worlds. Keep the green worlds green, but not empire build like the AEDC does. So I'd been subtly influence the area since then, ending wars quickly as possible to limit influence attrition, letting elections end on their own as long as it didn't end up with a loss of an Alliance station, and in one case allowing an Alliance faction to retreat from a particularly troublesome system. Two other cases where Alliance factions took over a system was only because the BGS naturally put an Alliance faction into conflict with a controlling faction, and I only intervened at that point.

Due to my actions in the area, Alliance factions were able to reach levels of influence they were unable to naturally. Recently Reorte Mining Coalition and Crimson State Limited went into Expansion on their own without any deliberate effort on my part, and I left them alone. If they went into Retreat, I'd let them do it, if they went to War or Election, I'd address it as needed. Again, there was no intention on empire building, just maintaining the status quo in the core worlds. Any influence growth for RMC in Orrerre, at least initially, was only due to the fact it went into a post-expansion Boom. I know for my own part I haven't touched the faction because I've been engaged elsewhere. There were some plans at one point to flip Riedquat over to an independent faction, but seeing as I'll be leaving the country in the next week for work reasons and my playing time will be curtailed for the next 6 months, I've disbanded my wing and abandoned any plans I've had for the area. I'm in the military and am about to deploy.

So I'd like to apologize for lighting this powder keg off, and ask that cooler heads prevail. This was simply an unfortunate turn of the BGS and I'm sure if we put aside the tough talk then RMC can be rolled back out of Orrerre and everyone can go back to puttering around in their own little spheres of influence.

I expect nothing less then you being KOS on the Code's list.

Haven’t the player faction of the galaxy realized by now that if you step on a player factions system you threaten all player faction way of life

Very true, but that only really applies to **active** player factions. There are too many dormant player factions across the galaxy now for that rule to be upheld in all cases. No one would be able to move for abandoned player factions.

In this case, we thought The Code was one such example of a dormant faction. When we realised it wasn't, we talked.

So you want all anarchy faction out of control of alliance space?

Nope, nothing of the sort.
But thanks for your input.

Maybe a little off topic, but not by much. What is AEDC? Is it the same as Elite Diplomatic Corps that some have in their signatures? A player group? Or maybe an alliance of player groups like Galcop?

Nope, nothing of the sort.
But thanks for your input.

Well I wil have to find the post but I’m fairly certain it was an adec member who said anarchy faction shouldn’t be in control in alliance space. Maybe some of your people don’t know what’s going on and they are just talking. My bad for my misunderstanding. I was parephraseing and ill post the link when I find it again.

edit: by the ways. It’s your job as a player faction to check inactive factions. Not only does it look like you didn’t check but you publicly admitted to running against these guys. I think your process of how you handled it is what’s going to hurt you guys the most.

Last edited:
Maybe a little off topic, but not by much. What is AEDC? Is it the same as Elite Diplomatic Corps that some have in their signatures? A player group? Or maybe an alliance of player groups like Galcop?

AEDC = Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps, indeed a single player group. [Got ninja'd]

There are other Alliance player groups. Always wanted to say that, because some peeps seem to think AEDC equals the Alliance. Which is either naive or disrespectful to all the other groups. Did that sound salty? Damn.

Talking about other Alliance player groups. Anyone here thinking that it's unfair of Code to threaten us for something we're not even involved in? Can we talk about that too? Because I feel this discussion is epically biased towards a Pirates group who threatens peaceful commanders. Maybe that's the new "way of life"?

Top Bottom