IMPORTANT: Thememaker's Toolkit Release Date

I have still my question: will we be able to create objects with triggerable colors? So we can do neat color changing stuff in game?

Well, we can do flexicolor objects, and we can do triggerable animations. I would hope they'd work just like any other triggerable flexicolor objects. I guess we'll see, but I'm like 85% sure the answer is gonna be yes.

Never has an update made me feel so useless [haha] This is an amazing feature for people who are technical but for the general gamer I hope they don't give us half thought of DLC as it will be disappointing after supporting this game since the start.

Maybe for you @wtwa24 it's not a usefull update, but maybe for many other users.

Be sure, at some point in the coming months you will get a very usefull update again! Just be patient! ;)
As Bo always mentioned: PlanCo need to kept balanced for ALL users!

Ok I really hate that u need to ask for submission first. How are we suppose to test it and try different version!!! Hell u won't know how it look exactly in planet coaster until its in. The submission process should be when u uplaud to steam not to open in the game.... That's really overbearing.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Never has an update made me feel so useless [haha] This is an amazing feature for people who are technical but for the general gamer I hope they don't give us half thought of DLC as it will be disappointing after supporting this game since the start.

You might re-think what you are saying [happy]

You don't need to do the moddeling yourself. Im sure we have a lot of very talented people in the community who will upload their stuff to the workshop. After that you will be able to use them as well. Basically the TMT is an endless DLC for scenery items [cool]

You don't need to do the moddeling yourself. Im sure we have a lot of very talented people in the community who will upload their stuff to the workshop. After that you will be able to use them as well. Basically the TMT is an endless DLC for scenery items [cool]

Exactly! The game is about to gain hundreds, maybe thousands of new scenery pieces - new, FREE scenery on a constant basis. And it sounds like they've got a good quality assurance system in place to ensure the pieces will work well within the game. (Remember how RCT3 mods could cause crashes or potentially harbor viruses?) Not only does this extend the potential of the game for all players, it should also free up time for the devs to work on non-scenery DLCs. This update is a big win-win for everyone.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Well said, Vampiro [cool]

Ok I really hate that u need to ask for submission first. How are we suppose to test it and try different version!!! Hell u won't know how it look exactly in planet coaster until its in. The submission process should be when u uplaud to steam not to open in the game.... That's really overbearing.
Not really. For evry object thay has been uploaded you get one special number. So the game knows what object they need to place. If you don't have that you can get a bird instead of a trailer.

As far i heard you can always update it on the site. At the end you will keep de original number.

Yes mayby it was easy that for private use you can just put it in the game
But to keep the game stable you need to have several things in it.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
It'll be like how it was for RCT3. The community is full of generous, talented people who spend their free time to make all this stuff and very kindly give it to everybody for free.
This will in effect, be the biggest update with the most content once the Workshop starts filling up with people's awesome creations.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
It'll be like how it was for RCT3. The community is full of generous, talented people who spend their free time to make all this stuff and very kindly give it to everybody for free.
This will in effect, be the biggest update with the most content once the Workshop starts filling up with people's awesome creations.

Nemmie!!! [haha]

You're absolutely right. I'm already curating a wishlist, trying to find the time to make themes and sets, and hoping others might pitch in (Rudi is already on there as well [praise]). Let's just hope I have enough time, what with all my other "theme park" work and stuff [wink].

Eneybody going to make a huge santer with the new update to Planet Coaster.
{my opinion throughout}

An 8meter tall Santa, anyway! [big grin] Or a multi-piece MegaSanta-making kit of less-than-8m pieces, reminiscent of the Adventure Pack's statuary-making bits.

disclaimer: my opinion throughout, I'm not a pro 3D modeler.

https://i.imgur.com/2RmKuAo.jpg

This is PlanCo's Half Prolate Spheroid 5 - Extra Large, base upward. It has 20 edges around the base, which is sharp -- the rest of it's pretty smooth, despite being low-poly. So it looks like PlanCo is using smooth shading, with some way of exempting what needs a sharp crease -- pretty standard for 3D games and programs.

In Blender (and similarly in many 3D programs and game engines) there are two main ways to do this -- I made a spheroid to demonstrate:

https://i.imgur.com/OV78OhY.jpg

Mine has 130 polygons (all quads, so 260 in-game tris), and (like PlanCo's) 20 edges around the base. If I select the base edges and have Blender "Mark Sharp" then my spheroid's smooth-shaded except around the base, which has a nice sharp crease. But would it import that way into PlanCo?

The other way is to run a couple edge-loops around the base, close to where it should crease sharply (aka "proximity loops", "holding loops", etc):

https://i.imgur.com/4WVwxDT.jpg

This is more likely to import prettily regardless, but it ups the polygon count (adds 40 quads here, so 80 tris in-game), which burns more resources when it's used in the game -- as a general rule, anytime you can get what you're going for with fewer polys, you should. Which brings up the question: will we be able to import models with some form of "Mark Sharp" in them?

For those trying to get importable stuff ready for whenever the Thememaker's Toolkit goes live, this is a question it'd be really helpful to have answered ASAP . . .
Happy as I am to have the info in the Guide and FAQ, this question (originally posted last month in the Coming Soon topic) doesn't seem to have been answered yet (and I need to know for my cows' hooves). Level-of-Detail is great, glad to have it, but I'm getting worried that we're being denied some of the standard resourse-saving tools that the art-devs get (multiple objects using the same textures, some way to exempt creases from smoothing, etc) that'll leave our creations heavily and unnecessarily resource-expensive compared to Frontier's content. [uhh]

A long time coming here!

We'll have the Thememakers forum section active soon.
[up] Looking forward to see what people come up with
I don't have my cow done yet, but last year I posted about what seemed like a good thing to start with: a gable-vent.

NJ7s2pZ.jpg

It's non-manifold (hope that's okay), 130 triangles at max LOD. Although I want to do a wood one later, this one's intended to be metallic. And are the lightless areas in a Cavity map supposed to be black or white?

Top Bottom