There are no canyons, everything is flat... Not...

OK, a bit of bait to catch the fishes..

Deriso (Colonia) - a few minutes ago - and I'm departing the station for my FC. The body in front of me is non-atmo landable.

Quick exit to Horizons:
Screenshot_0046.jpg

A few canyons...

Odyssey:
Screenshot_0047.jpg

Vaguely interesting - I'll take a peek at that big scar top left...

Quick video of the landing and a very brief outing in the SRV. Curiously the SRV view flattens the valley wall climb...

I was forced into Horizons to break a crash loop. I was driving my SRV with night vision. The Horizons version of the planet was flat like a billiard ball with a handful of scattered rocks, while the Odyssey version had rolling hills with lots of rocks.

Couldn’t comment on textures, but the Odyssey terrain was more interesting (but harder to drive on).

I will bite.

That's one planet out of how many millions out there?
Question is also how many planets with canyons were there before Odyssey. The new stellar forge has issues and your one example can be seen as "exceptions prove the rule" .

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm going back there in a minute... I'll see if I can hike up the 100 metres or so to the valley top... but after all of these years with my rear-end glued to the seat of my DBX...
Haven't really tried to walk up a steep mountain yet - hope it's not done the way Skyrim on horse handles it...

I will bite.

That's one planet out of how many millions out there?
Question is also how many planets with canyons were there before Odyssey. The new stellar forge has issues and your one example can be seen as "exceptions prove the rule" .
It was the planet my FC has been orbiting since Odyssey launched - I didn't exactly go out of my way to find it, as it was staring at me when I left the station!

It was the planet my FC has been orbiting since Odyssey launched - I didn't exactly go out of my way to find it, as it was staring at me when I left the station!
Maybe you were just lucky 😉

I traveled many systems while looking for g3 suits and weapons and have not seen a single planet with such canyons.
But maybe it was just bad luck.

Maybe you were just lucky 😉

I traveled many systems while looking for g3 suits and weapons and have not seen a single planet with such canyons.
But maybe it was just bad luck.
The valley is deeper than 3Km - not as good as the 8+ Km maybe, but certainly not pancake... Never mind, if there is one so easily located, it means there must be millions, surely?

I took a scav mission the other day and the base was surrounded by mountains. The base was firing at my ship, so I flew 4km away and figured I'd drive the SRV in.

20210526171752_1.jpg

30 mins later the SRV was stuck in a deep valley with no way out. I equipped the Artemis, and after 30-40 mins I finally managed to crawl out, only to find deep valleys all around and nowhere to recall my ship.

20210526173401_1.jpg

So, I abandoned the first SRV (I carry four on this ship) and spent an hour and a half crawling and jumping up and down endless mountains until I finally reached a flattish patch on a summit. Called my ship, flew closer to the base, exterminated the scavs and left.

20210526175545_1.jpg

I took a scav mission the other day and the base was surrounded by mountains. The base was firing at my ship, so I flew 4km away and figured I'd drive the SRV in.

View attachment 232562

30 mins later the SRV was stuck in a deep valley with no way out. I equipped the Artemis, and after 30-40 mins I finally managed to crawl out, only to find deep valleys all around and nowhere to recall my ship.

View attachment 232564

So, I abandoned the first SRV (I carry four on this ship) and spent an hour and a half crawling and jumping up and down endless mountains until I finally reached a flattish patch on a summit. Called my ship, flew closer to the base, exterminated the scavs and left.

View attachment 232563
You know that the space cow (autoland) can land in some fantastic places...

LQmQOJX.png

Well, I went to what people of a certain bent call the "Testicle Moon" - Synuefe VM-D C15-10 2 A - and while it was still full of wrinkles in Horizons, it was decidedly untesticular in Odyssey. I can't provide pics I'm afraid: this was two or three days ago and I'm a long way from there now.

The valley is deeper than 3Km - not as good as the 8+ Km maybe, but certainly not pancake... Never mind, if there is one so easily located, it means there must be millions, surely?

Can't say how many there are in Odyssey, but I found far less then in Horizons.
I am sure stellar forge will be improved and produce a bigger variety of planets in the future.

Top Bottom