There will be construction of the house in game?

It is sad that in this game there is no opportunity
to build the bases (houses) of ore which you have extracted (has assembled garbage).
And to store there the savings of ore and modules.
It would be desirable to build bases as in
Empyrion – Galactic Survival / Space Engineers / No Man’s Sky
It is sad that it is impossible to come in space suit to the planet.
Whether there will be addition about construction on the planet of my small house?

To get the electric power, water and oxygen.
for our character if he is not robot.
To choose the character of the robot or the person.

It is sad that there is no survival from scratch.
When you have only pick (for extraction of ore), brain, and you build base, then buy or build the ship and further all in game super.

There was a wish that you inserted into Elite Dangerous,
game Planetbasem, there all this is.

Last edited:
It is sad that in this game there is no opportunity
to build the bases (houses) of ore which you have extracted (has assembled garbage).
And to store there the savings of ore and modules.
It would be desirable to build bases as in
Empyrion – Galactic Survival / Space Engineers / No Man’s Sky
It is sad that it is impossible to come in space suit to the planet.
Whether there will be addition about construction on the planet of my small house?

To get the electric power, water and oxygen.
for our character if he is not robot.
To choose the character of the robot or the person.

It is sad that there is no survival from scratch.
When you have only pick (for extraction of ore), brain, and you build base, then buy or build the ship and further all in game super.

There was a wish that you inserted into Elite Dangerous,
game Planetbasem, there all this is.
everyone keeps complaining about no base building when frontier already said they have plans for it.

Lestat

Banned
Here a question for you CGW. Do you want a half bake games LIke Empyrion – Galactic Survival / Space Engineers / No Man’s Sky? That is cartoonish and the ships and bases are cartoonish. Or would you rather have a game manufacturer like Frontier that takes their time and does everything right and makes everything look realistic?

They're going to turn Elite Dangerous into Fallout 76 aren't they?
Not looking forward to this.

Base building was the worst thing to happen to the Fallout series.
It can be okay, if it's designed in from the start (Subnautica, Conan Exiles) but when it's just bolted on to an existing game, without being integral to the primary gameplay, then it invariably sucks. Unless they rework ED completely, it'll just be an alternative way to do the things we can already do in stations, with an added chatroom.

Lestat

Banned
Base building was the worst thing to happen to the Fallout series.
It can be okay, if it's designed in from the start (Subnautica, Conan Exiles) but when it's just bolted on to an existing game, without being integral to the primary gameplay, then it invariably sucks. Unless they rework ED completely, it'll just be an alternative way to do the things we can already do in stations, with an added chatroom.
If they use the type of buildings colouring like some of the Engineered broker's locations I think they might have a good idea. They had some idea in the early 2013's 2014's they talk about. Like walking around ships and such.

You live in real life, but I can't see you building bases, trying to survive, hunt animals to eat or mine minerals to make stuff. ED is a space simulator game, "simulation" which means "really" realistic. Not some garbage stuff. And how can you alone build a base while thousands of players gather materials and bring them to a station to help build a space vessel? Elite dangerous is about immersion, feeling of reality, not throwing parties, building bases.

If you want to build a base, play some other game

o7

Lestat

Banned
You live in real life, but I can't see you building bases, trying to survive, hunt animals to eat or mine minerals to make stuff. ED is a space simulator game, "simulation" which means "really" realistic. Not some garbage stuff. And how can you alone build a base while thousands of players gather materials and bring them to a station to help build a space vessel? Elite dangerous is about immersion, feeling of reality, not throwing parties, building bases.

If you want to build a base, play some other game

o7
Just remember this. Like Horizon add on you can op out of any part of the game. If they add base building and is done right. It could be a good add on to the game. To be able to stop and do so different It might bring in other players.

So in Elite Dangerous case. If they add something you don't like. Don't use it. Or follow your own words play some other game.

With what addition came with horizons broke the immersion? When you look at the community, you will see people want atmospheric landings and space legs. No one cares base building.

Lestat

Banned
With what addition came with horizons broke the immersion? When you look at the community, you will see people want atmospheric landings and space legs. No one cares base building.
So you started Elite Dangerous in August 2018? I have been here Before Elite Dangerous was released in 2013. Did you go back and read some of the Older Threads about Base Building or Walking? See I listen to these ideas for 6 years. I also have seen some idea from other games that could be fun if they are added the right way. Like both Subnatic. Even the games listed had some neat ideas. It could also bring in new storylines. Like you start from an Abandon planetary Base with a sidewinder.

I think Frontier already had a good idea how to do planetary bases with their other games with Jurassic World Evolution and Planet coaster.

I don't point out other games on how great Bases look. But maybe some of you should look at Star Citizen player own bases vs Empyrion – Galactic Survival / Space Engineers / No Man’s Sky bases. I hope Frontier Follows RSI idea in the Base Building. So Frontier does not look like some half-baked cartoon game.

Last edited:
I agree that frontier can somehow pull this off. But when you look at the roots of the game, it's about being a commander. Subnautica and no man's sky are about survival, and they are survival-crafting games. After Minecraft and Terraria, lots of games came as "base building survival" games. When elite came out, not the elite dangerous, it wasn't about base building or survival.

To implement base building, you need to create a reason first. Our ships can have refineries, cargo bays, already have a life support unit. Why do you need a base while you are already in one? i guess you want it on planets then, with cargo bays to deposit some commodities, it would be fun tbh. But when you think about it, if a player can build a base by himself/herself, why does highway to colonia have so little bases. i heard that megaships will be avaiable for players, but it will be really hard and expensive to make one. And even then it won't be a "basebuilding". And as @DrewCarnegie said, they need to recreate the game. Since we don't need bases

I'll happy to see any update, even the smallest update makes me happy. Do you think i won't be happy if basebuilding comes to ED? There are more important stuff to do but even if basebuilding comes before them, i will be happy. But the reason why i don't care "basebuilding" is, we don't need it, game don't need it,

edit: btw i play this game since jul 1 2018, not august but doesn't matter since it's only one month apart lol. But i played freelancer more than 10 years ago, and believe me, we don't need another basebuilding garbage game

Lestat

Banned
I agree that frontier can somehow pull this off. But when you look at the roots of the game, it's about being a commander. Subnautica and no man's sky are about survival, and they are survival-crafting games. After Minecraft and Terraria, lots of games came as "base building survival" games. When elite came out, not the elite dangerous, it wasn't about base building or survival.

To implement base building, you need to create a reason first. Our ships can have refineries, cargo bays, already have a life support unit. Why do you need a base while you are already in one? i guess you want it on planets then, with cargo bays to deposit some commodities, it would be fun tbh. But when you think about it, if a player can build a base by himself/herself, why does highway to colonia have so little bases. i heard that megaships will be avaiable for players, but it will be really hard and expensive to make one. And even then it won't be a "basebuilding". And as @DrewCarnegie said, they need to recreate the game. Since we don't need bases

I'll happy to see any update, even the smallest update makes me happy. Do you think i won't be happy if basebuilding comes to ED? There are more important stuff to do but even if basebuilding comes before them, i will be happy. But the reason why i don't care "basebuilding" is, we don't need it, game don't need it,
See Elite Dangerous is all about Choices If you don't want to do something YOU don't have to. We can take Combat, Trading or Exploration in Elite Dangerous. I know this. I have 3 different Accounts.

1 Combat Account is not doing Trading or Exploration it just about combat.

2 Trade Account is not doing Exploration or Combat. It just Exploration.

3 My Trade Account just Trading Cargo it has nothing to do with Exploration or Combat.

As you can See It will be players choices. For me, If they do add Base Building they need to do it right to compete with the cartoon games they currently have a base building.

edit: btw i play this game since jul 1 2018, not august but doesn't matter since it's only one month apart lol. But i played freelancer more than 10 years ago, and believe me, we don't need another basebuilding garbage game
10-year-old game lol. I have been playing Elite in 1984 then Freelance, Wingcommander and such. Look at my last Point. If you don't want to do something it doesn't do it. It is your choice.

It's great to see an old school gamer.

My point is; I don't think we need it and we need some more important stuff. Atmospheric landings, space legs, megaships, more lore, more ships, more optional components.

I don't like combat, so I don't fight. I get your point, but I think there are lots things to do before base building (but yes, I still think we don't need it)

Check out No Man’s Sky, my dude.

It’s a crafting/survival game set in space.

Elite is more focused on the ships and piloting, and has a better flight model to accommodate that.

Lestat

Banned
Check out No Man’s Sky, my dude.

It’s a crafting/survival game set in space.

Elite is more focused on the ships and piloting, and has a better flight model to accommodate that.
I take it you don't know much about Elite Dangerous and what in store? Read up on Mag Boots and walking around in stations Maybe pick up a few Elite Dangerous Novels. You might have some ideas.

Here a question for you CGW. Do you want a half bake games LIke Empyrion – Galactic Survival / Space Engineers / No Man’s Sky? That is cartoonish and the ships and bases are cartoonish. Or would you rather have a game manufacturer like Frontier that takes their time and does everything right and makes everything look realistic?

I liked No Man's Sky ;-;

Top Bottom