There's a 3D Model of Aisling Duval

Well, they did say something about weapons being locked in certain areas.
Really? Ok, I must have missed that part. Was it on today's stream? I tried to watch it but Twitch wasn't working for me at the time so I'll try again later. I hope it's more of a weapon scanner you have to walk through and if you bring a weapon through the alarm goes off and you get killed by security.... rather than the usage of a weapon gets artificially locked in certain situations. I guess that means Melee won't be a thing in combat?

I guess that means Melee won't be a thing in combat?
If it is a thing, I'd say it would likely only be doable with a weapon selected. Probably not Elder scrolls or Star Citizen style where you can just brawl.

Any chance of our 2D crew avatars looking any better in full 3D 🤣?
They are generated in 3D, and that generation process just takes their headshot with a background, the same as our CMDR icons in game (I assume). So the ugliness actually begins with their 3D generation.

Yeah but it's frontier. I can't imagine they would have made that without some intention to use it... I think they fund 3rd party studios instead of doing their own passion projects now.

Can only be upgraded power play or real story. Could be good.

Our favorite Imperial Princess Aisling Duval (aka Space Khaleesi) got a facelift with a 3D model. Previously we only had 1 2D artwork from 2015.
The artwork from 2015 looks like a render of a 3D model to me. In fact that's what makes it stand out among all the other power play mugshots. And it's the same model they used for the latest shot.

Obviously it wasn't created with the in-game Holo-Me editor. My guess is they used Daz 3D.

The artwork from 2015 looks like a render of a 3D model to me. In fact that's what makes it stand out among all the other power play mugshots. And it's the same model they used for the latest shot.

The 2015 artwork is a highly detailed drawing. When you put the two images on top of each other you can spot the differences.

The 2015 artwork is a highly detailed drawing. When you put the two images on top of each other you can spot the differences.

Saying that, some leaders faces are based on 3D renders. If you look in the art book Winters and Torval have rendered heads.

Saying that, some leaders faces are based on 3D renders. If you look in the art book Winters and Torval have rendered heads.

Yeah, they used 3D models for the faces then drew stuff on it for the hair, clothing and background.

Last edited:
art.jpg

Yeah, they used 3D models for the faces then drew stuff on it for the hair, clothing and background.
Aisling's clothing is exactly what gives the 2015 version away as a 3D render. It has the clean look of a polygon model. And the new render uses exactly the same assets. It's just a slightly different camera angle, and there's a bloom effect to give it that foggy, overexposed look.

The hair in the old render might be partially photoshopped though. Realistic 3D hair is still a challenge, and certainly was five years ago.

I always found that Aisling had the most generic look of all the PP characters.

Can we splice her DNA with a cat or a fox and then clone her and have them running around our ships purrring and foxying around and getting in a huff when we buy slaves?

View attachment 187620

Before I start searching through old threads again... paging @Rubbernuke . You still got that infamous picture around somewhere?

edit: don't bother... found it:
reverse-jpg.160509

Last edited:
Top Bottom