Think Inside The Box Competition!

Why don't you just try to participate right now? It is just the question if you want to or not. Create something, if you dislike it there is no need to send the blueprint in or share it. Just aim for something you would like to use in one of your zoos yourself fitting the theme and decide lateron if you send it in.

I'd love to see them. Is he on youtube? Are they in English?

I feel like I'm a pretty good builder in the sims. I don't think I lack ideas; it's just I need to get used to the mechanics and especially understand what objects are available and how they can be manipulated.
I know this feeling! Well it's also a lack of ideas for me, but honestly, I feel like however hard I try, when I see the builds that other people make mine just look horrible. Keep in mind though that some of those people have hundreds if not thousands of hours into PlanCo building, which is basically the same as Planet Zoo. I think it's mostly a matter of just building, trying, practicing, and getting experience and slowly getting better. Also keep your expectations low enough - I noticed I was constantly disappointed because of comparing to 'better' builders which reduced motivation. Just be happy with small things and it'll come with time! (at least that's what I tell myself :D )

Thinking about having a go at this! I am wondering though: I need to have to place a trading centre in order for me to use any exhibits. Does the blueprint need to come with all the staff and animal buildings in order to make them work out-of-the-box as well?

Estroyer i think its just the Hab. blueprint i think the team will just show them off with all their bits connected when they do showcase the results. but thats my guess

Ah ok. I was wondering since they said in the post that you need to show it off with at least 1 animal in the exhibit but that would mean the use of a trading centre as well. I'll just plop them somewhere outside then. :D bedankt!

How can i check how many pieces my building has? When I select the entire building, I only see how many groups the build has, but my groups all have multiple pieces in it. I hope I'm not supposed to go search for every group and add the pieces together.

yeah probs best if your initial selection group is close to 4000. mine ended up with 300 more then my intinial group selection told me.

Lol okay maybe I'll try. I was going to introduce pandas to my zoo next so that's what I'll be making. I think you're right though, I just need to lower my expectations. I watch speed builds on youtube, so it's probably unfair to compare my building skills to those guys :p

Lol okay maybe I'll try. I was going to introduce pandas to my zoo next so that's what I'll be making. I think you're right though, I just need to lower my expectations. I watch speed builds on youtube, so it's probably unfair to compare my building skills to those guys
good for you lil buddy :) i used to watch channel 5 Planet Coaster spotlights and all it did was demoralize me in the beginning. but build what makes you feel happy and proud off.
heres my blueprint for inspiration.
im not a pro by a long shot but it's made with love and passion and thats a personal win any day.
P.S. im horrible at this whole forum formatting thing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I recommend looking at Paulsley YouTube channel if you want to learn how to build and use the right keyboard commands, he really takes time to learn you the roots of the buildingprocess.

Hi I know you said you can use terrain tools but how do I add the terrain into my blueprint as it only copies over my placed things?

It really encourages me that even though this is a competition people are being friendly and helpful :)
We all PlanCo. people at heart. its what we excel at. :) nothing worse then someone not feeling good enough to contend. ( i hope they kick my butt. :p)

So in the rules it says "must contain animal" and I'm a bit confused. When i place my blueprint it does show what animal is supposed to be in the exhibit but I don't think there is actually a way to have the animal inside, or am I missing something?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
So in the rules it says "must contain animal" and I'm a bit confused. When i place my blueprint it does show what animal is supposed to be in the exhibit but I don't think there is actually a way to have the animal inside, or am I missing something?

The animal requirement is for the screenshot.

I've tried sending the email twice now and it bounces back as undeliverable.... anyone else having this problem?

Please ensure you are emailing community@frontier.co.uk. We've received several entries so the email is definitely working ;)

Last edited:
Hi sorry for asking another question.So I know this is an exhibit competition but am I allowed to add another animal to my exhibit area such as a peafowl? Or would that disqualify me? It goes well with the theme I am making currently. Thank you.

Quick question, rules state entries need to be in by 6th Dec, is that entries need to be sent tomorrow or by end of today? I'm short of time for this one!

Top Bottom