This is a hellava game

I posted a jokey post yesterday as I went into deep space to, in my view, finally gain my already Elite status in Exploration.

The reason I did this is because I have been supporting an NPC faction for a while. I got it ready to start a war and then when the war began I jumped into it with all my normal vim and vigor.

I have never lost a war, never, all the NPC or possibly player owned factions too I have supported in wars have always prevailed, in no small part because of me so this was just another war....
By the 3rd day I realized this one was different. I was losing. Really? what??? I don't lose wars, my Alliance Crusader with my Elite pilots (Shon Wolfe, Oh big bonking Shon) always sorted it out...

Day 4...I fought about 4 easy and 2 medium CZs before my bird called me to the bedroom. OK, should be enough....
Day 5...'Near Defeat'...WHAT!!!??? Right, 8 easy and 4 medium CZ's + bonds every 3 CZ'z. Ok, sorted, yes?

No

Day 6...Still near defeat, I've not seen anyone in the CZ's I can kill but my time is Chinese time (I live in China although I'm English) so it's probably not normal times for most players and also the CMDR could be solo mode, doesn't matter, I have to beat him. 12 easy and 4 medium and 1 hard CZ's that day, + bonds and also a mission (I love the 'Kill the planetary defense drones'missions so much).

Day 7 You've lost.

...n.....o.......

My first lost war....How? I fought hard, I fought bravely, I fought until my bird demanded I go to bed.
How did this happen? Solo mode? Rage and blah blah blah!!! Private mode? Rage and blah blah blah...
No. I lost.

So now I seek redemption in the darkness.

How many other games can give you this? None is the answer, I've played EvE Online I've played No Mans Sky but neither of them has this blessed emptiness that you can find yourself in.

This game has loads of problems (missions are dull, sh$t is half cooked sometimes, this or that doesn't really work) but it has a bleak nobility about it that nothing matches.

Dam...I like this....

I feel for you, OP. It's the beginning of the sickness.

You see a CMDR pull off an incredible feat, either piloting/BGS or a weird Engineering combo, and now you HAVE to do that. Or a new ship is something right out of your subconscious, you've dreamed of it for years without knowing, and you HAVE to have it.

Or someone annoys you and you must seek vengeance.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_ZS33X1fI

It's why I have over 3 thousand hours in the game since it was just out of beta.

This is the beginning of the journey.

Yep. Elite gets in your blood and doesn’t go away. Other games come and go, but you keep coming back to the black.

Aaaand then you start coming here and have to put up with this sort of crap:
A1D4149B-239D-46CE-A60D-4DE13FD0FCB3.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom