This is one big question I have to ask the Developers for the dinosaurs.

Well since the Iguanodon the Giganotosaurus The dreadnoughtus and the Ouranosaurus and Kentrosaurus have each 12 skin colors and seven patterns, I was wondering if perhaps maybe other species from different eras could also have this same treatment as well. For Example.

I would definitely love Parasaurolophus to have the Dominion appearance but with more skin colors as well as patterns and to be able to choose between the Jurassic Park version or the Jurassic world Dominion VERSIONS of this species. But also have its Dominion movie skins at the same time among the many skins of the Dominion variant.
JWE2_Dominion_Screenshots_Paras_4K_WM.jpg
jurassic_world__parasaurolophus_by_sonichedgehog2_d8qgyf7-fullview.png

I would be 100% on board if species that have yet to receive their legacy skins such as the Mamenchisaurus and Ceratosaurus and also missing Legacy skins as well. Plus it would be interesting to see more variety when it comes to designing our dinosaurs and have the Legacy skins.

JURASSIC PARK-Variants
Triceratops 1993: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Parasaurolophus 1993: 12 Skins + 7 Patterns.
Gallimimus 1993: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Ankylosaurus 2001: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Pteranodon 1997: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Mamenchisaurus 1997: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.

JURASSIC WORLD-Variants
T Rex 65 Million Years: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Parasaurolophus 2022: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.

T-Rex 65 Million Years Variant
Rex.jpeg

MAMENCHISAURUS-1997-Variant
R (1).png

PTERANODON-1997-Variant-has no Teeth.
the_lost_world_jurassic_park_pteranodon_by_nikorex_dd0pdny-pre.jpg
97 Pteranodon.jpg

PARASAUROLOPHUS-1993-Variant
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-02 at 00.35.56 (1).jpeg

Note: I know that possibly not all these will be easy for the Developers and some people may not be on board with this but never hurts to ask the Developers to give us more variety on which type of dinosaur we would choose to use in our parks.
I would definitely be on board if this was free.

+1 like this thread if you agree and want the Developers to consider adding this in the Game.

Last edited:
I totally support that!!!
Thanks because I see the Dominion Parasaurolophus as the legitimate Jurassic world version because the one that we see in the first and second movie is basically the Jurassic Park version. So I'm very happy that you agree because I'm really hoping Frontier considers adding this Parasaurolophus with not only the movie Skins but also 12 colors of skins and seven patterns as well as many other dinosaurs that have yet to receive this kind of treatment. Thank you for your support.

Last edited:
Well since the Iguanodon the Giganotosaurus The dreadnoughtus and the Ouranosaurus and Kentrosaurus have each 12 skin colors and seven patterns, I was wondering if perhaps maybe other species from different eras could also have this same treatment as well. For Example.

I would definitely love Parasaurolophus to have the Dominion appearance but with more skin colors as well as patterns and to be able to choose between the Jurassic Park version or the Jurassic world Dominion VERSIONS of this species. But also have its Dominion movie skins at the same time among the many skins of the Dominion variant.
View attachment 336514
I would be 100% on board if species that have yet to receive their legacy skins such as the Mamenchisaurus and Ceratosaurus and also missing Legacy skins as well. Plus it would be interesting to see more variety when it comes to designing our dinosaurs and have the Legacy skins.

JURASSIC PARK
Brachiosaurus 1993: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Brachiosaurus 2001: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Triceratops 1993: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Stegosaurus 1997: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Gallimimus 1993: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Ankylosaurus 2001: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Pteranodon 2001: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Pteranodon 1997: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Mamenchisaurus 1997: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.

JURASSIC WORLD
T Rex 65 Million Years: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Parasaurolophus 2022: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Allosaurus 2022: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.
Ceratosaurus 2015: 12 Skin colors + 7 Skin Patterns + Black Ceratosaurus Skin C.C.
Nasutoceratops Male 2019: 12 Skin Colors + 7 Skin Patterns.

Note: I know that possibly not all these will be easy for the Developers and some people may not be on board with this but never hurts to ask the Developers to give us more variety on which type of dinosaur we would choose to use in our parks.
I would definitely be on board if this was free.
You read my mind of more skins for the Dominion Parasaurolophus.

I love the idea of these skins being given more color options by giving them the variant treatment. I tend to favor the Jurassic Park style of these animals listed and would love it if more color options were available to choose from like how it was in RTJP.

And yes! The 2022 parasaurolophus with the sounds and looks has become one of my all-time favorite hadrosaurs to incubate. If we could get color + pattern options that harken back to the website design with the right combination, that would be the cherry on top!

How would you feel about the 2022 dimorphodon getting color options as well? She and the allosaurus are the only variants included that lack the skin and pattern variety like the others.

I think Jens Erik said something somewhere about having no plans for the “Skins” getting the “Variant” customization treatment around the time the Dominion Malta Expansion was going on in December, as all the dinosaur designs that got it were “Variants.”

A “Variant”, summarizing both Jens Erik’s statements in the forums and the subreddit and my experience on the Species Viewer, is not just a remodel of anything. A “Variant” is a complete rework of an existing dinosaur as if it were a new species, with a newly reworked rig so that it looks nice in-game because of those radicalized changes made to them. Those rigs all have remodels with one or all three unique perks each: New sounds, size changes, and/or new exclusive animations.

The variants that weren’t included for the color and pattern customization update are the Allosaurus 2022 and Dimorphodon 2022 variants. The 2001 Pteranodon I’m not sure what they have in mind for classification because it’s a differently rigid model with reworked and exclusive animations, as well as size differences.

Last edited:
And here we have a prime example of why you need to put the subject in your thread's name... I made a thread just like this a few days later, yet never knew someone else made one first.
You know it's weird considering I made this thread in December around the time when the malta DLC came out, but it all started with the Parasaurolophus from dominion and I'm kind of hoping that this official Jurassic World variant gets more 12 skin colors and seven patterns as well as other Legacy species getting their own sets. But yeah it's great to know you also want something like this as well.👍

Last edited:
Top Bottom