This may be the best thing I've ever discovered

I've logged over 1M ly and 20k-ish systems between two pilots, and seen just about everything out there: GGG, glowing gas giants (remember those?), nebulas galore, ringed stars, colliding moons....

But this planet with moons in highly dynamic orbits might be the most impressive visual thing I've seen in the game. It's really just amazing to watch. I stuck this in the GMP thread, but I wanted to share this more widely.

I'm calling this "Kepler's Fantasy" for the planetary astronomer. The system is Byua Aoscs PJ-E B2 and the first planet is a big ringed HMC with a bunch of rapidly orbiting moons. The resulting views are just amazing, and change rapidly. I made a 12-hour time lapse, which you can see here.

Photos from moon 1B:

Eg6ouZzl.png

3IKybu1l.png

PWzIuwZl.png

Gl6hdU8l.png

From 1D:

LhVXiiOl.png

Orrey:

tHYyedel.png

The time lapses are amazing to watch. Out of curiosity, what program do you use to do them? I assume you're on pc.

I'm actually not sure any more. I know it was a program that took a screenshot every X seconds/minutes, and then I used the program VirtualDub to string those together into a video.

Top Bottom