This needs A LOT more views and exposure

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Odyssey surely has a few challenges, but if you look at the video, the two versions simply can't have run with the same LOD.

Here's a screen grab from the video of Farseer's hangout:

Capture.JPG

And here is what I get with everything cranked up to 11:

HighResScreenShot_2021-05-26_15-05-10 (2).jpg

So following that, Odyssey looks pretty good, but Farseer's place need some TLC.

Deleted member 182079

D
Aren't there a few threads already on this exact issue? It's a pretty commonly cited problem and it's been passed around from reddit to here. Where ya been man?
Well there is the thread by the video creator with 58k views and 2k replies that everyone's ignoring, so... yeah.

Ohh my... that scratches near meteorite crashsites were too much for me. I havn´t played for 4 days aprox, and I have postponed it indefinitely until some patch notes about planet generation fixes. I don´t care about patrols respawn, routes, or meaningless bugs in a wonderful milky way. because I love to fly from planet to planet and enjoy the views of my ship landing, taking off, driving my SRV, and of course I´d love to be on foot, but not with this this crap planet tech. I´ll wait, just because I´m a LEP owner, but I doubt I´ll play ED again if this persist.

I'm not having as many problems with textures and overall fidelity, but I have seen the blocky, repeating textures and the wildly varying FPS issues. My main horse in this race is performance, disconnects, missing missions, dumb game mechanics that make it exxxxxtra 'dangerous' without making it extra fun, etc.

Since I wiped my save, I'm back inside the bubble, tho. If the game stabilizes and improves I may invest enough time in it to actually leave the bubble and go explore, and then I'll see a few more planets.

Indeed it is very odd. I've been on some amazing new worlds with great terrain generation, while I've been on some with bland flat and boring terrain generation. It's very hit or miss it seems. I hope they fix it, but the "good" planets look amazing!

I think I'll start writing down the planets I visit and log them as good or bad terrain generation.

Thanks for the linking, though I think we've discussed this at length by now in the main threads surrounding the topic:

There's also this remark in the latest patch notes:

We continue to investigate your concerns around performance, UI and Odyssey’s planetary tech and will share information with you as soon as we have it.

Which is a hopeful remark!

Think we gotta let the subject rest for now and let the fine men and woman at FDEV iron it all out :)

P.S. For the record; my video and screenshots have both Horizons and Odyssey set to the HIGH preset settings.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom