Thread for publicising your issues that are otherwise expiring due to lack of votes/confirmation

I very much doubt that Guardian Plasma Charger thing is a bug (well, beyond the ingame information being unhelpful, but thats par for the course).

In any case, if the power draw was reduced by a factor of 5 from where it is right now, the modified GPCs would be insanely overpowered.

@Agony_Aunt good luck with this campaign. I put quite a bit of effort into getting a ticket upvoted and recognized a couple months ago, to no avail. It made a brief show on the top 20 and then disappeared on subsequent lists with no explanation given. Having to "market" a problem to get player support for it, even though it's quite clearly obvious and needs fixing, is a crappy way to do business IMO and in fact we shouldn't be doing it at all. We're not FD employees, we shouldn't be logging into their systems to log tickets. And yet this is the only path we have to get stuff done? It's garbage if you ask me, a real crap way to treat customers, and I'm saying that from experience having tried their method myself. I hope FD appreciates the fact that you are sacrificing your time, unpaid, to bring this stuff together to help them fix something that you actually paid for. It's like you're being double punished - you paid for the thing, and now you're paying with your free time to help them fix it - don't know how you can stand it.

@Agony_Aunt good luck with this campaign. I put quite a bit of effort into getting a ticket upvoted and recognized a couple months ago, to no avail. It made a brief show on the top 20 and then disappeared on subsequent lists with no explanation given. Having to "market" a problem to get player support for it, even though it's quite clearly obvious and needs fixing, is a crappy way to do business IMO and in fact we shouldn't be doing it at all. We're not FD employees, we shouldn't be logging into their systems to log tickets. And yet this is the only path we have to get stuff done? It's garbage if you ask me, a real crap way to treat customers, and I'm saying that from experience having tried their method myself. I hope FD appreciates the fact that you are sacrificing your time, unpaid, to bring this stuff together to help them fix something that you actually paid for. It's like you're being double punished - you paid for the thing, and now you're paying with your free time to help them fix it - don't know how you can stand it.

Yup, agreed, but as i said earlier, its what it is and what we have to work with.

I want to sell the damn wrongly engeenering gun
issue vote inside

Added.

This issue appears to have been reported a couple of times since 2019 and each time, it's been reported it's expired :-(

I've carried out a detailed analysis on the problem and I'm pretty confident that the issue is with how the Journal logging calculates the values of actions in the game. There are significant discrepancies between the costs associated with repairs and the costs that are logged. The difference can be just a few credits to millions of credits.

The repercussions of this mean that in certain circumstances, any logs we as players provide to FDev will be inaccurate and could lead FDev to come to an erroneous conclusion when investigating issues and compensating players. In addition, the trustworthiness of logs should really be without question but as it stands, there are some significant question marks as to the accuracy of the logs.

I've also documented the issue on the forum with more detail than I've added to the ticket because I can add more images and more information to a forum post.

HTH

Coriolis hologram 90 degrees off from the station port.

iCutter thrusters are not synced properly with the Docking Computer. So evident when docking on a FC. Either the lateral thrusts are set wrong or the DC is off. but it feels like the thrusters got reverted to an earlier setting.

Coriolis hologram 90 degrees off from the station port.

iCutter thrusters are not synced properly with the Docking Computer. So evident when docking on a FC. Either the lateral thrusts are set wrong or the DC is off. but it feels like the thrusters got reverted to an earlier setting.

You'll need to raise issues for those if you want them on the first post.

This issue appears to have been reported a couple of times since 2019 and each time, it's been reported it's expired :-(

I've carried out a detailed analysis on the problem and I'm pretty confident that the issue is with how the Journal logging calculates the values of actions in the game. There are significant discrepancies between the costs associated with repairs and the costs that are logged. The difference can be just a few credits to millions of credits.

The repercussions of this mean that in certain circumstances, any logs we as players provide to FDev will be inaccurate and could lead FDev to come to an erroneous conclusion when investigating issues and compensating players. In addition, the trustworthiness of logs should really be without question but as it stands, there are some significant question marks as to the accuracy of the logs.

I've also documented the issue on the forum with more detail than I've added to the ticket because I can add more images and more information to a forum post.

HTH

Added.

This is so annoying and random. Disembarking usually, but sometimes when getting back into your SRV or ship, the screen fades to black and stays like that. Only a relog will fix it if it doesn't sort itself after a few minutes.

Added. Also added a little clarification to the post. When i first read it i was like "Well, of course there is a fade to black, that's by design". Had to click on the screenshot to understand the issue.

Added. Also added a little clarification to the post. When i first read it i was like "Well, of course there is a fade to black, that's by design". Had to click on the screenshot to understand the issue.

I thought the "stays like that" part clarified the issue - but fair point :)

Thanks for the add.

I very much doubt that Guardian Plasma Charger thing is a bug (well, beyond the ingame information being unhelpful, but thats par for the course).

In any case, if the power draw was reduced by a factor of 5 from where it is right now, the modified GPCs would be insanely overpowered.
I'm not looking for a buff here, just for the numbers to make sense. I caught a similar issue with the GPCs back when they were first introduced regarding the damage values in Outfitting not reflecting the actual damage they do in game. I'm thinking this is along those lines too.

If you'd like to see the numbers make sense, please leave a confirmation notice on that bug report - there's only one so far, and it needs ten before FDEV will look at it as far as I understand.

I'm not looking for a buff here, just for the numbers to make sense. I caught a similar issue with the GPCs back when they were first introduced regarding the damage values in Outfitting not reflecting the actual damage they do in game. I'm thinking this is along those lines too.

If you'd like to see the numbers make sense, please leave a confirmation notice on that bug report - there's only one so far, and it needs ten before FDEV will look at it as far as I understand.

Im pretty much certain that this bug is fixed - the C2 GPC shows a damage value of 2.5 ingame now, not 5 - i never saw them say 5, but i only got them recently.

1641340297696.png

Thats a modded C2, showing 4.6 dmg (i dont have any of the unmodded ones). I havent properly tested them, but the damage feels right for ~75 absolute per charged shot.

Im fairly sure its something like 2.5 absolute, 2.5 AX dmg. Before it showed the total damage, maybe?

I mean, you are definitely right that there is something odd going on with the way the information is presented, i dont know where the 10x multiplier comes from.

Last edited:
My issue is that Hostiles don't show as Red on the Radar anymore. I'm hoping it'a a Bug, but i'm not sure.

I sorta promised not to bring this up anymore (minor issue and all that) but having found this thread, I can't resist to bring this up one more time (this is the second incarnation of the same issue in Issue Tracker):

Summary:
In the Full Spectrum Scanner (FSS) the colors for some planet types changed to the worse (in my opinion) in Odyssey.
  • Water worlds used to be blue (logical), now they are red (weird).
  • Brown dwarf stars (Y, L, ...) used to be purple (logical, close to their apparent color when viewed in space), now they are blue (weird).
  • Icy worlds used to be gray (logical), now they are yellow (weird).
I don't see any improvement here, I would vote for returning the same coloring as used to be in Horizons.

I sorta promised not to bring this up anymore (minor issue and all that) but having found this thread, I can't resist to bring this up one more time (this is the second incarnation of the same issue in Issue Tracker):

Summary:
In the Full Spectrum Scanner (FSS) the colors for some planet types changed to the worse (in my opinion) in Odyssey.
  • Water worlds used to be blue (logical), now they are red (weird).
  • Brown dwarf stars (Y, L, ...) used to be purple (logical, close to their apparent color when viewed in space), now they are blue (weird).
  • Icy worlds used to be gray (logical), now they are yellow (weird).
I don't see any improvement here, I would vote for returning the same coloring as used to be in Horizons.

Added.

Problems with Scaengers extermination missions where in some cases may be not enought targets for elimination. It usually happens to me when there are additional reinforcements coming after I arrive to mission settlement. I found numerous expired reports about this issue and one not-expired yet, but which cannot be loaded (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/46396 ) . Sigh :( ... These missions may be great source of materials and are quite fun, but with this issue it may be ignored by players, which is not good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom