Hardware & Technical Thrustmaster Hotas X Flight controller

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure someone will find it useful.

Mods, it would be nice to have a stickie with a compiled list of HOTAS software/scripts. Questions about this stuff are pretty regular.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
If one made the mistake of installing 3rd party HOTAS Software (or had to in order to utilize its functions) which very frequently disables the critical Calibration function, try this :

Manually launch "joy.cpl"

This will start the Windows-native Controller Test/Calibration Control Applet, which can be used to Calibrate the HOTAS.

Very nice, thanks for sharing it. If recalibration doesn't work, here is another method that fixes the Z-Axis problem (I'll repost it here in case anybody is experiencing it):

1. Remove the chromed head screws from the side of the stick grip.
2. Gently separate the two halves. Be careful because there are four separate plastic parts that fit together.
3. Once you separate the halves of the stick you'll see the Z-Rotation pot on the top of the white shaft that extends from the main pot in the base.
4. Dab a very small bit of WD-40 (or something similar) on top and let it penetrate, then reassemble the stick.

This works like a charm for most people who encounter this problem. I noticed it happening once; when I saw this method I kind of doubted it but decided to give it a try, and it worked. Haven't got this problem since. o7

If you are experiencing problems with your T-Flight-X you can try something they offered me through an Email, a calibration tool- why it is not available to the public is a mystery to me but here it is:
ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/Utilities/TM_CALIB_103.exe

Very nice, thanks for sharing it. If recalibration doesn't work, here is another method that fixes the Z-Axis problem (I'll repost it here in case anybody is experiencing it):

1. Remove the chromed head screws from the side of the stick grip.
2. Gently separate the two halves. Be careful because there are four separate plastic parts that fit together.
3. Once you separate the halves of the stick you'll see the Z-Rotation pot on the top of the white shaft that extends from the main pot in the base.
4. Dab a very small bit of WD-40 (or something similar) on top and let it penetrate, then reassemble the stick.

This works like a charm for most people who encounter this problem. I noticed it happening once; when I saw this method I kind of doubted it but decided to give it a try, and it worked. Haven't got this problem since. o7

Thanks both. I bought the Xbone version in October 2017, and I'm now on my fifth (yep) one after the first four all packed up and were replaced under warranty, mostly owing to the z-axis oscillating wildly, with occasional x-axis issues just to mix things up a bit.

I've found the Thrustmaster customer service people to be extremely helpful, fast and efficient - but - at no point have they mentioned any calibration tool or offered advice on trying to fix the problem by taking apart and fiddling about a bit, it's always been straight to warranty replacement. I wonder how much money they could have saved themselves had they done so...

I've well and truly had my money's worth out of them and the warranty period is up soon, so when if it happens again I'll try both these methods rather than ask them for a sixth one.

Thanks. I've been having a few yaw issues lately...not good for FAOFF or fixed weps, I can tell you!

& That Bald Fella? I feel it would be remiss of me *not to point out that you would appear to have a head like a ****ing orange!

Mods - subject & target, remember? This is a reference to Karl P...not a gratuitous insult! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom