Release Thrustmaster Warthog Script Sharing (For advanced Warthog User CMDR's with HCS Keybinds)

Beta is updated with Nvidia Shadowplay and AMD Relive video Capture/streaming support.

For those who use Center mounting Joystick, I remove the -15° CCW and add an angle setting : When simulate a rotation of the handle for a center mounted stick,if you use high angles, you may notice that it becomes impossible to reach the corner of the axes range of values. So, I let the script calculate the right scale value with a function.

Joystick and Throttle Chart are also updated.

o7 CMDR

I will check it out. I have been busy this last week with work. Everything you did last week seems to be doing quite well. I did have that issue you warned about with the autopilot, but that is ok. I can switch state with voice attack to correct, or I can use the S3. Either way works fine.

Fly safe commander. I don't (combat oriented). :)

Last edited:
Thks for the Feedback :) Appreciate it

I will Update beta, in about 3 hours, i did a mistake with my last commit ("BUG") about MFD Flashing LED Support. (that should not cause trouble, since nothing is mapped to them yet)
I will contact you in PM later : Since i don't have MFD i can't test it :( I want to Update Support for MFD and I need help from someone who have them to Map command ;)

Fly safe [big grin] CMDR

Last edited:
Release 2.2.03.3R is UP

BUG FIX :
-Backuped PIP for Optimal PIP Mode when using 1rst and 2nd fire
Add :
- Video Capture & Streaming Support (Nvidia Shadowplay & AMD Relive)
- Joystick Axis Triming (2 modes : with increment or with memorizing the X and Y axis position and calculate the difference to the center of the axis, and then apply it to the X and Y axis)
- Supercruise On Throttle (without pressing key) just put throttle up to 99% will engage supercruise (SupercruiseOnThrottle is disable by default, but can be switched On on the fly)
- Option to simulate a rotation of the handle for a center mounted stick (with angle setting & optimal curve scale calculation)
- LED's & Backlight Toggle and Flashing Support (Throttle & MFD's)
Enhancement :
- Easier way to define Key Bindings
- Joystick Targeting Mapping
- OptimalPIPMode Code
- Update Throttle and Joystick Chart's

o7 CMDR's

Last edited:
Sorry I went so silent in the last week or so. I have been busy with work and real life. Then I updated my bios and ended up having to refresh windows. Nothing like several days of reinstalling all my programs to put me in a great mood (for murdering ships in game). Just wanted to say that everything seems to be working great. I am using the latest daily build and all that I have tested works well.

Thank you again CMDR.

Fly Safe.

o7

Hey CMDR Touille, just thought I would pop in and say hello. Just looking at the latest version of your script and it has certainly come along since the earlier version I saw! Great work mate! There are a few ideas I want to test out in my script that you have done, such as the modifier and long press combo & cycling of the PIPs, and a few other remaps you have that gives me a few new ideas :) As an explorer too, your auto-fire idea for the scanner looks very interesting, especially as a toggle just when I am out in the black (while keeping it in standard for combat). I am working on an update for mine as well, after a longer spell away from it. Hoping to have it tested / ready for the 2.3 drop. Not huge changes though, just some cleanups and refinements...but seeing yours I think I need to up my game! Haha!

Peace.
AD

Edit: PS forgot to ask, those HCS mappings in the pdf, are they the default/official mappings? (if so I think I have a few to add/change :))

Last edited:
Hi Fellows CMDR's, Thank's for your Feedbacks :)

... I have been busy with work and real life.... Just wanted to say that everything seems to be working great. I am using the latest daily build and all that I have tested works well.

I'm , also, busy IRL :( (the daily build, are not daily anymore at the moment [noob])
If everything seems to be working great, it's great :)
i will put another release online soon (with minor bug fix) before the 2.3 beta, then, I will work in PIP system (again?) if Frontier change how much PIP you got with crew member ... before the 2.3 release.
As always, i'm open to change how stuff work / keymapings (joystick and hotas) if it's needed. Let me know if something can be improved.

...There are a few ideas I want to test out in my script that you have done, such as the modifier and long press combo & cycling of the PIPs, and a few other remaps you have that gives me a few new ideas :) As an explorer too, your auto-fire idea for the scanner looks very interesting, especially as a toggle just when I am out in the black (while keeping it in standard for combat). I am working on an update for mine as well, after a longer spell away from it. Hoping to have it tested / ready for the 2.3 drop. Not huge changes though, just some cleanups and refinements...but seeing yours I think I need to up my game! Haha!

Edit: PS forgot to ask, those HCS mappings in the pdf, are they the default/official mappings? (if so I think I have a few to add/change :))

HCS mappings file, key mapping in the script and the ED bind file are the official mappings from HCS website : http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum/technical-support/user-guides-and-how-to/2701-default-keybinds

As for the few ideas, feel free to "extract" what you need for your script ;).

The autofire work OK but check in settings file also. I have added delay to Scan type since they don't have all the same "press" delay ingame :
(Supercruise On Throttle (without pressing key) it's also great for explorer ^^)

Check initToggleExplorerMode(), initPrimaryFire() and initSecondaryFire()
AND
In settings file :
Code:
	define ExploreModeFire      0   //Triger use for Scan : [0] is Tg1, [1] is S2, [2] is Tg1 and S2.   By default put your system scan on Tg1 and leave value to 0 Work only if ExplorerMode is Enable (throttle chart : switch UP)
									//That will keep key pressed x Sec , so you can just push TG1 and/or S2 and release to scan : That work with TG1ScanDelay and S2ScanDelay (PRESS & PULSE DELAY SETTINGS bellow)
Code:
	//Scan Delay (keep key pressed for ...sec) when Explorer mode is [1])
	//Ingame, Sytem Scan is 5s and other scan are 10s we put 1 more sec to be sure
	define TG1ScanDelay     6000    //ExploreModeFire 0 or 2 TG1 Delay
	define S2ScanDelay      11000   //ExploreModeFire 1 or 2 S2  Delay

In Variables File
Code:
int sExplorerMode;			//initToggleExplorerMode()			Desactivate Functions for Exploring (OptimalPIPMode when fire, StopFireRetractHardpoints ...)

If you need Help/advice to "extract" stuff or for something else :p let me know

o7 CMDR's

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just got my warthog over the weekend, moving from an X52 via a T.16000 and been looking for a setup that suits, so many great scripts to choses from. Been using Aussiedroids script over the weekend, I use HCS voice packs and also have T-Rudder pedals so will give this one try and let you know how it goes.

Will have a look at the code but I find the getting to top left hand red button awkward to get to, how easy to swap the 2nd Fire Group and S3 ?

Will feedback on the rudder setup as see this is not tested yet

thanks

Hi there,

Just got my warthog over the weekend, moving from an X52 via a T.16000 and been looking for a setup that suits, so many great scripts to choses from. Been using Aussiedroids script over the weekend, I use HCS voice packs and also have T-Rudder pedals so will give this one try and let you know how it goes.

Will have a look at the code but I find the getting to top left hand red button awkward to get to, how easy to swap the 2nd Fire Group and S3 ?

Will feedback on the rudder setup as see this is not tested yet

thanks

Hi Monoceros.

Thanks for giving a try to this script.

For your question about S3 ...

I will swap S1(red button at the top left / actually: shortpress Combined Fire, Longpress deploy Hardpoints) and S2(redbutton at the to right / actually 2nd fire) and post on github new branch : betaS1S2

Swaping S3 and Second Fire (S2) will give you same "awkward to get to" (and will be little long to change since S3 is almost everywhere in the code) because script use a lot of function with S3 pressed (and if you put S3 on S2 button ...)

ps: Started to explain but i stoped, take more time to explain than doing it. check github betaS1S2 branch (done, that should work.Didn't tested, since i'm at work):p

Also, Nice Photos on astrobin [up]

Last edited:
Hi Monoceros.

Thanks for giving a try to this script.

For your question about S3 ...

I will swap S1(red button at the top left / actually: shortpress Combined Fire, Longpress deploy Hardpoints) and S2(redbutton at the to right / actually 2nd fire) and post on github new branch : betaS1S2

Swaping S3 and Second Fire (S2) will give you same "awkward to get to" (and will be little long to change since S3 is almost everywhere in the code) because script use a lot of function with S3 pressed (and if you put S3 on S2 button ...)

ps: Started to explain but i stoped, take more time to explain than doing it. check github betaS1S2 branch (done, that should work.Didn't tested, since i'm at work):p

Also, Nice Photos on astrobin [up]

Thanks Touille, did not expect you change it but appreciate the rapid response, I was looking though the code and was about to grab the manual (do program but mainly c# these days) so could maybe tweak.

Will test both versions when I get home tonight as you may be right about 'awkward to get', just I am used to secondary fire as position S3 from the X52 hence the question and when first trying out the stick with the default settings I struggled a little with secondary fire position.

Thanks again and glad you liked the photos.

Thanks Touille, did not expect you change it but appreciate the rapid response, I was looking though the code and was about to grab the manual (do program but mainly c# these days) so could maybe tweak.

You welcome [wink]

I'm sure you can do it but you need to check everywhere in the code (or use notepad++ :) ) and take in consideration this script use a lot of function with modifier (S3 in the script)
I suggest you to wait some more day to make change if you need them : after the beta release, i will check if the script need modification and will do change if needed.
Meanwhile, you can try the script / check the code.
I'm also open to Feedback on the code ;)

Edit: for the manual, click HELP at top right in target script editor
Edit2 : If you need to make change in the script, the button Name on Warthog HOTAS can be found here

and sry for my english :(

Last edited:
Edit2 : If you need to make change in the script, the button Name on Warthog HOTAS can be found here

and sry for my english :(

That's very useful, thanks.

Grabbed the manual and now thinking about the rudder and number of axis, will have to wait till I get home to fully check but wondering of a combined controller (joystick, throttle and rudder) will exceed the max 8 axis supported by DirectX - will have to test as may well be misunderstanding the manual.

I don't have rudder .. :(
Be sure to put Rudders Option in settings files to 1 or 2 according rudder you use.
Let me know how the script work (or don't work) with rudder. Will do change if needed (slew axis maybe?)

Edit: if the script don't work YET with rudder option 1 or 2, let the option at 0 and map your rudder directly in ED Since DX 8 max axis is per device
Edit2: if the script don't work YET with rudder,I will post a new beta with ignoring slew y axis if rudders option is set to 1 or 2 (and try to do a better workaround later)

Last edited:
Edit: if the script don't work YET with rudder option 1 or 2, let the option at 0 and map your rudder directly in ED Since DX 8 max axis is per device
Edit2: if the script don't work YET with rudder,I will post a new beta with ignoring slew y axis if rudders option is set to 1 or 2 (and try to do a better workaround later)

The rudder currently works ok as left out of the combined device and is seen separately by ED as you say, the reason I wanted to see if could be combined is will then be a single device presented to ED (not that important) but if this is part of the script there is then a possibility to add/change curves on the rudder axis , if this will be useful remains to be seen and also integrate the toe brake(s) for yet other possibilities.

it's already combined in the script if you chose option 2 (check: int EventHandle(int type, alias o, int x){....}, "if(Rudders == 2) initRudders();", initRudders()) BUT 8 max DX Axis is not being taken into account yet, sry :( (not easy to test something without the something and i have not paying attention of this DX limitation :( )

Edit: Try to include SCY (slew y axis) with this condition if(Rudders == 0){...} in initJoystickAxis() and initJoystickCurves() . that should put the axis number to 8 if you chose rudders option 2 (since THR_LEFT (throttle) is not used) and rudders should work as a combined device (axis is not maped in the bindings file)

Edit2: Out of topic : All the photos on astrobin are real photos? i'm really impressed

Last edited:
Thanks for the Link :)

I will check it more after work. I take the rudders part from a DarKcyde0 (givings credit in the greatings "printf") script but didn't see this thread. on Github

You will make me buy a rudders to make test :p

Last edited:
I can do the testing but I do like the rudder pedals for yaw and SRV steering, needed something to replace the twist yaw I had on the X52 (did not fancy the yaw into roll/buttons on throttle options) - took some getting used to....

Last edited:
Beta is updated (not the betaS1S2) with TFRP custom curve settings in ED+HCS v2.2_Functions_Hardware.tmh / initSetTFRPCurves().
You still need to select Rudders option to 2 (TFRPRudder) and map the axis in ED, but you should be able to customize the curve :

Code:
Map extra axis that isn't taken up by the Warthog. It leaves the TFRP
out of the TM Combined virtual joystick, because Warthog doesn't have
enough axes to put it in there (8 axis max per device for DirectX).
Add custom curve you can change ( initSetTFRPCurves() ) for TFRPRudder
(will add this custom curve to settings if all this stuff work )

Let me know if that work please.

ps: Use some of your photos for my desktop background. They are all so beautifull. great work on them [up]

Last edited:
Top Bottom