Tierpark Ailurusberg

It's time to see an area of my zoo that I've been many time trying to build but I had to wait until having more goats on this game (and I still need more of them ;) ). I wanted to build a zone dedicated to mountain hervivores, mainly goats. For now I have ibexs and Dall sheeps.

At this moment the complex has three different exhibits. Two occupied and one empty (well, actually occupied by one ibex). All shelters and staff access points are located underground.

The ibex's enclosure has a big central rock formation and has many different viewing points. On top of the rock there's a small wooden shelter, but the main shelter is underground to give some privacy to the animals.

View attachment 308978
View attachment 308979
View attachment 308980

This viewpoint it's on the opposite side of the first one, next to the restaurant zone. The roof that can be seen at the background is part of teh house that gives access to the underground dormitories of all the complex.
View attachment 308984

Between this exhibit and the others there's a path that takes the guests to an elevated position, giving them some nice views.
View attachment 308985
View attachment 308986

On the right side we have the other two exhibits. I'll only show one of them as the other one will probably suffer some modifications if we get a new animal that I could use there.

View attachment 308987
View attachment 308988
These are without a doubt my favourite habitats i have ever seen!
They just look beautiful and are something i wanted to build myself before, but never had the time and patience to.
Are they inspired by the small alpine herbivore complex in the zoo berlin maybe? They really, really remind me of it, and im sure you would love the himalayan thar and takin that are featured there next to the ibexes :)

Lovely mountain exibiths! Specially the walls that makes the pit! Which pieces you used?
I use mud walls (not sure if this is the correct name of the piece in English as I have it in Spanish)

Many surroundings of this complex are still empty, so I can't take nice pictures from many angles.

20220606093440_1.jpg

Frontal view of the Dall sheep's exhibit:
20220606093357_1.jpg

I play the game in spanish too, so you can type it here in spanish :D
You gave me great ideas for the goat exibiths
Sorry for not answering before, but I was on vacation (visiting zoos ;)). I would need to doublecheck it but if I'm not wrong those pieces are from the "muro de barro" set that came on the african DLC. Before that I used to use the concrete wall pieces.
So you are; "Hispanohablante" igual?
Yes, catalan and spanish are my mother tongues ;)
This is easily my favourite zoo on the board.
Thanks!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I'll try to upload the new version of the zoo soon, as for the next phase of the zoo I still need to plan the new areas using the animals of the next DLC and do some reforms to include the wetland DLC animals on my zoo.

Thanks!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I'll try to upload the new version of the zoo soon, as for the next phase of the zoo I still need to plan the new areas using the animals of the next DLC and do some reforms to include the wetland DLC animals on my zoo.
I look forward to it. I just had a look through the version on the workshop just now and I'm amazed. Very inspiring!

This is an exhibit that I started early when building the zoo but that was empty until I got the NA pack. This part of the zoo was initially planned to be mostly for carnivores, so I'll try to put some of them around it, but that doesn't mean that we will find other carnivores on other parts of the zoo.
This exhibit is located next to the one for white wolves and it is the home for another white canid but much smaller, the arctic fox ;)

There are 3 main viewing points. This one offers a view over almost all exhibit:
20220614185147_1.jpg

20220614185416_1.jpg

20220614185338_1.jpg

This one is smaller and there's a water surface that acts as a barrier between animals and visitors.
20220614185238_1.jpg

20220614185243_1.jpg

20220614185635_1.jpg

And the last viewpoint is located inside the covered area that also serves as a viewpoint for the wolves:
20220614185351_1.jpg

And I can't finish this post without a picture on its inhabitants ;)
20220614185543_1.jpg

I decided to put the arctic foxes there after watching them at Brno zoo (the photo that can be seen on the info panel is taken at that zoo).

For the smooth slopes there's no magic trick ;) I usually start with the flatten terrain brush, creating different heights. Then I start applying the smooth terrain brush. And repeating those two steps until getting the desired results. Sometimes all smoothing work gets ruined when placing an enrichment item :ROFLMAO:

For the smooth slopes there's no magic trick ;) I usually start with the flatten terrain brush, creating different heights. Then I start applying the smooth terrain brush. And repeating those two steps until getting the desired results. Sometimes all smoothing work gets ruined when placing an enrichment item :ROFLMAO:
Mine always end up looking lumpy or steep. Definitely calls for more practice for me.

Top Bottom